Yamaha YAS-209 Powered 2.1-ch Soundbar With Wireless Subwoofer System Bluetooth, DTS® Virtual:x And Amazon Alexa Built-in
Upgrade your TV's sound
Yamaha's YAS-209 pairs wirelessly with the included hefty sub for a well-rounded sound experience.
The YAS-209's popular predecessor — the YAS-207 — was the first sound bar to feature DTS Virtual:X. This digital sound processing technology creates a larger soundstage using incredibly sophisticated audio delays and adjustments. The result is surprisingly big sound from a streamlined package.
Tailor the experience
Sometimes I have to rewind movies and TV shows because I miss an important bit of dialogue over the background sounds. That's where Yamaha's Clear Voice processing comes in handy — it brings speech to the forefront so dialogue is easier to hear and understand.
You can also choose from several sound-optimizing EQ presets based on what you're watching. Any of these "surround modes" — movie, TV, music, sports, or game — can be engaged at the same time as DTS Virtual:X or Clear Voice. Choose stereo mode if you want to crank some tunes with no surround effects. And if you want more rumble, the remote has you covered with independent bass level adjustment.
Alexa, turn it up!
The YAS-209 has Amazon Alexa built-in so if you want to play your favorite Spotify® playlist on the bar, all you have to do is ask. And Alexa can do more than just play some tunes. Plan your day with weather and traffic updates. Create a shopping list, set reminders or alarms, and control connected smart home devices like lights and thermostats — all with your voice.
Not into voice control? Not a problem.
The YAS-209 has Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi built-in, so you can wirelessly stream music, audiobooks, or podcasts right from your mobile device instead.
- 2.1-channel sound bar and subwoofer system
- Guilt-in voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Gives you voice control over music features and volume
- Access weather reports, set timers, generate to-do lists, issue smart home commands, and more
- Two channels driven by 50 watts each
- Four 1-3/4" full-range drivers
- Two 1" dome tweeters
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing
- Emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- Simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- Clear Voice mode for clearer, louder dialogue with movies and shows
- Listening modes: music, TV, movie, sports, and game
- Auto lip-sync reduces latency between video and audio
- 36-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 4-5/16"D
- 6-1/2" front-firing driver
- Connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- Powered by 100-watt built-in amplifier
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 7-1/2"W x 16-1/2"H x 17-3/4"D
Connections and General Info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- HDMI connections support 4K video with HDR (High Dynamic Range), 3D video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- Optical digital audio input
- Free downloadable Sound Bar Controller app for Apple and Android lets you control the bar via Bluetooth with your smartphone
- Keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- Remote with subwoofer volume control
- Warranty: 1 years
What's in the box:
- Yamaha YAS-209 owner's manual
- Active soundbar speaker (YAS-CU209)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (NS-WSW44)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 5' Optical digital cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall-Mount Template
- Product Registration
- Safety Brochure
- Warranty Information
- Contact Information