SVS Prime Center - Center Channel Speaker (Piano Gloss Black)
About the SVS Prime Center
The Starring Role in an SVS Prime Home Theater
SVS Designs Every Driver in House
The Prime Center uses dual 5-1/4" woofers to produce center channel effects with unconstrained punch and impact. The polypropylene cone material is extremely lightweight and rigid, allowing the woofers to sound smooth and natural through the midrange, while also delivering surprisingly solid bass.
The 3-1/2" midrange driver is housed in its own sub-enclosure within the cabinet, to minimize internal interaction with the woofers. SVS's 1" aluminum dome tweeter sits right above the midrange driver, which helps the output from the two drivers blend more smoothly.
Smart, Solid Construction
Build a Complete Prime System
Floor-standing Speaker: SVS Prime Tower
Surround Speakers: SVS Prime Elevation
Powered Subwoofer: SVS SB-1000 or SVS SB-2000
Warranty: 5 Years Manufacturer Warranty
- 3-way design
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 3-1/2" polypropylene midrange driver
- dual 5-1/4" polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- removable cloth grille
- 5-way binding posts accept bare wire, pins, spade lugs, and banana connectors
- 18-11/16"W x 7-11/16"H x 9-1/8"D
- weight: 20.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber bumpers
- Owner's Manual
- SVS brochure
- Online Product Registration Card
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The Prime Center speaker's 1" aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes for an exceptional transient response. The tweeter utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser for even greater clarity with a sense of utter transparency, while also offering an "airy" presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue always sound natural, crisp and smooth.
Polypropylene Midrange & Woofers: The Prime Center speaker houses one 3.5" polypropylene midrange driver and two 5.25" polypropylene woofers. The polypropylene cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational midrange and bass frequencies. The driver's cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer. Each driver also employs a vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts.
- 3.5" Midrange Driver: Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the 3.5" midrange drive is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange that's free from coloration.
- Dual 5.25" Woofers: The two 5.25" woofers utilize a rugged motor and long-stroke suspension for high output. The woofers also utilize aluminum shorting rings to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion.
- Midrange-to-Tweeter Crossover: 2.4 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Woofer-to-Midrange Crossover: 350 Hz (12 dB/octave slopes)
5-Way Binding Posts: The SVS Prime Center loudspeaker is outfitted with 5-way binding post terminals for connection of bare wire, pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana connectors (single or dual). Use 18AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 10', 16AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 25', 14AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 50', and 12AWG speaker wire for wire runs up to 75'.
Placement & Mounting Options: The center channel should be placed directly on-axis, relative to the primary seating position. As with the main front speakers, placing the tweeter at/near head level when seated is optimal. But depending on the placement of the video display or projection screen, this is not always possible. If the center channel must be located below head level, then an upward tilt of the speaker is recommended to improve mid/high frequency response and dialog intelligibility.
- Stick-on rubber feet are included that attach to the bottom of the speaker to protect it when placed on a shelf or stand. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- The Prime Center is not wall mountable.
Prime Series: The Prime series of loudspeakers from SVS consists of two floorstanding speakers (Prime Tower / Prime Pinnacle, a bookshelf speaker (Prime Bookshelf), a center channel speaker (Prime Center), a surround speaker (Prime Elevation), and a satellite speaker (Prime Satellite) - all sold separately. The SVS Prime series delivers pinpoint accuracy, powerful dynamics, exceptional clarity, and immersive audio experience.
Optional Powered Sub: An SVS powered sub (sold separately) makes a great addition to the Prime series of loudspeakers.