SVS PB16-Ultra Powered Subwoofer 16 Inch 1500w Peak Output With App Control -Piano Gloss Black
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time.
By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products which bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
Brains To Match All That Brawn
The PB16-Ultra's on-board tools for fine-tuning the sound include three digital parametric EQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values.
Room Gain Compensation control gives you a way to help tame pesky room response issues, like the tendency of bass to become overpowering in smaller rooms.
And of course you get fully adjustable phase compensation and digital crossover controls.
To make adjustments easier, SVS moved the LED display to the sub's front panel. And they also included stereo line-level RCA plus balanced XLR inputs and outputs for flexible connectivity with a wide range of audio gear, including high-end stereo preamps and A/V preamp/processors.
One Subwoofer To Tule Them All
The flagship model in SVS's renowned series of ported-box subwoofers is the awe-inspiring PB16-Ultra.
This 175-pound, 1500-watt beast produces low frequencies that will grip and energize a large room. This is bass you'll feel from head to toe.
The PB16-Ultra is capable of staggering levels of low-frequency output, and a high degree of subtlety and finesse that will please movie buffs and audiophiles alike. If you're looking for thunderous bass extension down to a mind-boggling 13 Hz, then keep reading.
Rigid Construction And Flexible Tuning Options
The PB16-Ultra's big bass-reflex cabinet allows its 16" driver to make long excursions for exceptionally deep bass at high output levels.
SVS placed the sub's three flared, low-noise ports on the front of the enclosure to minimize back-wall interaction, for greater bass accuracy.
They also included three foam plugs that let you custom-tune how deep and loud the sub will play, by blocking the ports. The PB16-Ultra's strong, rigid enclosure helps eliminate cabinet flex and resonance to keep your bass ultra-clean.
- Frequency response: 13-280 hz (±3 db)
- Built-in class d amplifier delivers 1500 watts RMS of continuous power (5000 watts peak dynamic power)
- Active PFC (power factor correction) ensures the cleanest 1500w output regardless of your home mains supply
- 16" fiberglass resin composite cone with cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
- 8" diameter, high-power edge-wound voice coil
- Robust mdf cabinet construction with double-thickness front baffle and reinforced bracing to support the massive drive unit and ensure an acoustically inert environment
- Bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design with three 3-1/2" high-flow flared ports, and 3 foam port blockers for versatile listening options
- High-resolution 50mhz analog devices audio dsp with 56-bit filtering for ultra-precise audio reproduction
- Continuously variable low-pass crossover (30-200 hz, with selectable 6db, 12db, 18db, or 24db/octave filter settings, and a disable/lfe setting)
- 3 digital parametric eq filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and q values
- Room gain compensation lets you compensate for the increase in low frequency sound as room size decreases
- Variable phase control (0-180°)
- 3 bass response presets (movie, music, custom)
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8-digit led display
- Remote control
- Subwoofer control and bass management smartphone app for apple® and android® devices
- Unbalanced rca and balanced xlr line-level/lfe inputs
- Unbalanced rca and balanced xlr line outputs
- 3v-12v trigger input for turning the subwoofer on/off from another component, like an a/v receiver or pre-pro
- Main power on/off switch
- Detachable power cord
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Piano black oak wood veneer finish
- 21-3/4"W x 25"H x 31"D
- Weight: 79.15 kg.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Enclosure : Bass Reflex
- Video Shielded : No
- Woofer Size (inches) : 16
- Woofer Composition : Composite fiberglass/resin
- Firing Direction : Front
- Wireless : No
- Preamp-Level Inputs : Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs : No
- Speaker-Level Outputs : No
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq : 30-200 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq : None
- Phase Switch : Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts) : 1500
- Frequency Response : 13-280 Hz
- Height (inches) : 25
- Width (inches) : 21-3/4
- Depth (inches) : 31
- Weight : 79.15 Kg
- Warranty : 5 Years
- SVS PB16-Ultra owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Remote control (3V battery installed)
- 3 Foam port blockers
- Owner's Manual