Marantz SR7015 9.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver With Dolby Atmos®, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay® 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
The SR7015 can help you do the same in your home. It has plenty of power for surround sound, plus lots of extras for gaming and wireless music streaming.
Marantz SR7015 9.2-channel home theater receiver
The SR7015 delivers high-performance surround sound with movies, TV shows, and video games.
High-quality sound, in one room or three
The SR7015 has outputs for 11 speakers, and can power up to nine at the same time.
Use all nine channels in a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system. Or, go with a more conventional surround sound setup, and repurpose the extra channels for sound in up to two additional zones.
The SR7015's high-powered amplifier can drive stand-mount, floor-standing, or custom-integrated speakers with authority. It's rated at a beefy 125 watts per channel (with two channels driven).
Advanced video processing gets the most out of your sources
Marantz made sure the SR7015 is compatible with the latest video technology. One of its eight HDMI inputs supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video content (think Sony's PlayStation® 5, or the Xbox Series X).
The other seven HDMI inputs support 4K at 60 frames per second — perfect for high-quality sources like a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player or an Apple TV.
Music in one room or many
This receiver also lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to hook up your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer.
HEOS Built-in technology lets you access all kinds of different content through the SR7015. Listen to internet radio stations, or to popular subscription services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL.
You can also integrate the SR7015 into a wireless multi-room audio system with compatible speakers or streaming components. Check out my hands-on review of a few HEOS-enabled speakers to learn more about how this platform works.
Advanced room calibration with Audyssey
The SR7015 includes Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms. Audyssey measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
To fully dial-in your system, I recommend you spring for the optional Audyssey MultEQ Editor app (around $20). It lets you direct the speaker calibration process from your phone or tablet, instead of with the handheld remote control.
The app also unlocks additional Audyssey features that I have found well worth the money, like EQ curve adjustment, Midrange Compensation control, and the ability to save multiple calibration profiles.
Power and processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration system
- Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Multi-room audio/video:
- three-room/three-source output
- powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that all zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd and 3rd rooms
- supports both analog and digital audio connections
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analog audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 3 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- all inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 2 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs
- two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- dual 12-volt trigger outputs
- full-sized headphone jack
- removable power cord
- Dimensions and other info:
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 7-1/4"H x 16-11/16"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
What's in the box:
- Marantz SR7015 (2020 model) owner's manual
- 9.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC043SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- 2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Cardboard microphone stand
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on radio
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
- Heos brochure
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- "Bluetooth/WiFi Certified" note