Marantz PM-14S1SE Integrated Stereo Amplifier
About the Marantz PM-14S1SE
Marantz HDAM Technology
Featuring discrete circuit components, as opposed to an integrated circuit, our exclusive HDAM technology preserves analog signal purity, delivering wideband audio with expansive dynamic range along with an inaudible noise floor. A total of 24 HDAM SA2 and SA3 units are employed in the phono, line level, headphone output, pre-amp, and power amp stages.
Fully Discrete High Current Amplifier Stages
For compatibility with the widest range of speaker impedance, the power amplifier stages feature high current power output devices. For maximum channel separation, each amplifier stage features segregated circuitry along with individual massive extruded aluminum alloy heat sinks with a large effective radiating area that provide fan-less and noise-less heat dissipation. The amplifier is rated at 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 140 watts per channel into 4 ohms, assuring high stability and wide dynamic range, even with lower impedance speakers.
Rigid chassis, thick Aluminium top cover, and heavy feet
It is all about creating a good foundation before starting to take care of the processing and amplification of sensitive audio signals. With a solid base, we ensure that vibration will be kept to a minimum not influencing the audio signal by micro-phonic effects to keep it unaltered.
Multiple Analogue Inputs and Outputs
In addition to the phono and CD analog inputs, there are two additional line-level inputs and two pairs of recorder input/output jacks that together let you connect multiple sources and recorders. There's also a power amp direct input that lets you use the PM-14S1 Special Edition as a standalone stereo power amplifier for additional system configuration versatility, along with stereo pre-amp outputs that let you connect the PM-14S1 Special Edition to an external power amplifier
Dedicated Headphone Output
Employing our exclusive HDAM discrete modules, the headphone circuit delivers superb audio fidelity with the widest range of headphone types and impedance, including low impedance headphones.
Gold Plated Connectors
The analog input and output connectors are gold plated for optimum signal transfer and long term stability.
Customized Speaker terminals
The carefully treated and amplified audio signal reaches the connected speaker cables through customized speaker terminals made out of pure copper. The perfect transmission chain will preserve every note.
Source Direct Mode
For the purest audio fidelity, the PM-14S1 Special Edition is equipped with Source Direct function, which bypasses unneeded audio circuits for a straight-through signal path.
System Remote Control
The elegant remote control can also be used to control the matching SA-14S1 Special Edition Super Audio CD Player. The PM-14S1 Special Edition features remote control input and output jacks for additional remote control configuration flexibility.
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Channels: 2
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Phono EQ: Standard / Current Feedback / Constant Current Feedback: No/No/Yes
- HDAM Version: SA3, SA2
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / El: Yes/No
- High-Grade Audio Components: Yes
- Customized Components: Yes
- Symmetric PCB Layout: Yes
- Aluminum extrusion heat sink: Yes
- Balance / Bass / Treble / Loudness: Yes/Yes/Yes/NO
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- Power Consumption in Watt: 220 W
- Standby Consumption in Watt: 0,2 W
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Detachable Power Cable: Yes
- Remote Control: RC001PMSA
- System Remote Function: Yes
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 90 W / 140 W
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz-100 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02 %
- Damping Factor: 100
- Input Sensitivity: MM: 2.7 mV / 47 kOhm
- Input Sensitivity: MC: 270 µV / 100 ohm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: MM / MC 86 / 75 dB
- Input Sensitivity: High level: 240 mV / 20 kOhm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: High level: 106 dB (2V input)
- Input Sensitivity: Power Amp Direct IN 1,7V / 20 ohm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Power Amp Direct IN 125 dB
- Audio Inputs: 6
- Phono Input: MM / MC: Yes / yes
- Audio Outputs: 2
- Pre-out / Main-in: 1 / No
- Power Amp Direct IN/Yes
- Gold Plated Cinch: Yes
- Speaker Terminal: Screw / Marantz / WBT No / Yes SPKT-100 / NO
- Number of Terminals: 2
- D-Bus: Yes
- Floating Control Bus (3.5 mm mono jack x 2): Yes
- Headphone Out: Yes
- Weight: 19.1 kg
- Depth: 17.83"
- Height: 5"
- Width: 17.32"