About the Marantz NR1200
A Little Something For Everyone
Perhaps the coolest thing about this slim Marantz receiver is its sheer flexibility. If you're a music buff, the NR1200 has you covered from multiple angles. Use the phono input to connect your turntable or the optical or coaxial input to connect your high-performance DAC or another digital audio source of choice. Plugin a USB thumb drive loaded with high-res music files. Or forgo physical connections entirely and use the receiver's robust built-in HEOS streaming platform to access your favorite digital music sources wirelessly.
Better Sound from Your TV
Thanks to the NR1200's five HDMI inputs and ARC-compatible HDMI output, you can use it as the hub of a sweet little two-channel audio/video setup. Plug in a game console, Apple TV or Roku, and Blu-ray player in your living room or den, hook up your favorite pair of stereo speakers, and suddenly you've got way better sound than your TV's built-in speakers could ever give you.
Classic Marantz Quality in A Slim Design
Crutchfield customers have been delighted by Marantz's slimline NR Series of home theater receivers for years. Now with the NR1200, Marantz is making this decor-friendly, space-saving design available in a stereo receiver. It takes up about half the height of a traditional model, which helps it fit into space-challenged cabinets — or just look a little less bulky in your room. Clean, high-current amplification dishes out the gorgeous, detailed sound.
Stream Your Music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you easily play a wide range of digital music — from your personal library, internet radio stations, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL. Apple AirPlay 2 means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer. That includes soundtracks from YouTube™ videos and Netflix movies.
And this receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
The Modern Stereo Receiver
The Marantz NR1200 stereo receiver easily rivals a sound-bar for all of your home theatre, delivering superior audio quality, higher power to your choice of loudspeakers and greater connectivity for audio and video sources. Stream music from your favorite streaming services and enjoy voice control from leading agents. Modern and elegantly designed, the NR1200 is the consummate choice for Hi-Fi and television connection.
Power to Suit Your Audio Preferences
Whatever your audiophile inclinations, the Marantz NR1200 always delivers the sound you require through its powerful high-current discrete power amplifier with a separate L/R power amp circuit and a power transformer. With 75W of power per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD), enjoy your high-resolution musical collection with refined Marantz sound.
Latest HDMI Connectivity
Includes 5 HDMI inputs, each one supporting HDCP 2.3, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through. Plus, ARC (Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of audio from your TV with a single HDMI cable, simplifying the overall setup. HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves with the information provided by the source.
Dual DAC Differential Circuit Design
The NR1200 slim stereo receiver features two separate DACs per channel, increasing the dynamic range significantly. This design greatly improves the signal to noise (s/n) ratio, reproducing clearer sound even from sources with very low signal resolution.
Left/Right Power Amplifier Design
The amplifier circuit design of the NR1200 features separate, symmetrical left and right power amplifiers, with a central power supply distribution. This design improves channel separation, reduces crosstalk and preserves the musical sound stage clarity that you expect from a Marantz product.
Marantz Custom Sound Design
Marantz has a steadfast reputation for choosing the best-possible components for its Hi-Fi Premium Series products. Marantz engineers thoughtfully selected and optimized the NR1200 through extensive listening at dedicated Marantz facilities in Europe and Japan using only the most premier Hi-Fi tuned sound parts.
Separate Power Transformer for Sound Purity
Built for pure Marantz musical reproduction, the NR1200 features a power transformer wired independently from the circuits of the amplifier, preamplifier, wireless module and front display, which reduces interference and provides pure, clean sound.
The NR1200 features speaker A/B let you easily configure it to drive two pairs of loudspeakers in separate rooms or to drive a single pair of bi-wired audiophile compatible speakers.
Hi-Res Audio Support
Decodes hi-res audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) lets you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. Listen to your music via the front panel USB port or over network sources.
Integrated Phono Input
Easily connect your analog turntable to the receiver and enjoy the pure intent of each recording within your vinyl collection.
Auto Low Latency Mode for Xbox One
Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with select TV models that also support ALLM.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Easy to Setup, Easy to Use
The NR1200 features a horizontal row of color-coded, premium loudspeaker terminals with a set of matching cable-labels included to ensure correct hook-up. The included Setup Assistant offers clear, graphical on-screen direction, and the Quick Start Guide ensures optimal setup for any configuration.
- Slim profile that’s half the height of a traditional AV receiver: Delivers exceptional performance and sound quality
- Power to suit your audio preferences: Two-channel discrete power amplifier with separate L/R power amp circuit and power transformer with 75W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- Hi-Fi construction and performance: Engineered with dedicated Hi-Fi parts for two-channel Hi-Fi performance, including custom-designed power capacitors, sound parts exquisitely tuned by sound masters and dual DAC circuit design
- Versatile HDMI ARC connectivity: 5 HDMI inputs with full HDCP 2.3 support plus one HDMI out with ARC support for single cable connection with your television
- Flexibility for all configurations: Speaker A/B, tone control to tune the sound to your exact specifications and dedicated dual subwoofer output for evenly dispersed bass, and no audible peaks or dips
- AM / FM tuner: Hear all of your favorite radio stations with exquisite detail
- Play vinyl with exceptional clarity: Integrated phono input that easily connects to your turntable
- Drive an exceptional gaming experience: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with select TV models that also support ALLM
- Smart TV connectivity: Control the NR1200 with your TV remote, and HDMI-CEC support for seamless pass-through of the latest picture and audio coding from your TV to the stereo receiver
- High-performance, high-resolution audio playback: Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz — plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks for high-resolution listening
- HEOS Built-in: Enjoy more flexible music streaming in one room or many
- Stream your favorite music from popular services: Play music on Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer, and many others via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS Built-in app
- Integrate with your home-network: Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna)
- Speak your commands: Supports all major voice control agents and streaming services for seamless control
1-year manufacturer's warranty
- 75 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 100 watts per channel into 6 ohms with 2 channels driven
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole-home audio
- Includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room
- Zone 2 not compatible with HDMI, optical digital, or coaxial digital inputs
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 5 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- Supports HDR10 and HLG high dynamic range formats
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) for passing audio signals to the receiver from your TV
- Dolby Digital and DTS surround not supported; TV must be set to output 2-channel PCM
- Digital audio inputs: 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- 3 analog stereo audio inputs
- Preamp output for connecting to an external stereo power amp
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- A front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- A and B speaker output pairs
- Preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- IR input for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- Detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- Free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- Sleep timer
- AM/FM tuner
- Remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 4-1/8"H x 15-5/8" D (6-7/8"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 18.1 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 years
What's in the Box
- Stereo receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC041SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 WiFi/Bluetooth antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Bluetooth/WiFi Certified note
- Spotify Connect brochure