Marantz NA6006 -Network Music Player with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and Apple® AirPlay® 2
About the Marantz NA6006
A Do-it-all Digital Music Player
Do More With AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth
Exclusive HDAM Technology: Included analog circuitry combined with acclaimed Marantz Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAMs) creates wide dynamic range and lower distortion. Built from separate components and optimized for exceptional sound quality, these miniature HDAMs are found in Marantz products up to the Reference Series players and amplifiers. Marantz developed these HDAM discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. The HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Marantz NA6006 is equipped with an audiophile-standard ESS9016 Sabre DAC with dual crystal clocks to ensure accurate handling of all digital signals for superb audio performance. The upgraded digital-to-analog converter (DAC) supports high resolution audio (up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD 5.6MHz).
Marantz Musical Digital Filtering (MMDF) Technology: The NA6006 features unique Marantz Musical Digital Filtering (MMDF), inspired by our audiophile reference class technology. This proprietary DSP technology lets you choose from two selectable, digital filter characteristics to precisely tailor the sound to your liking. Each algorithm handles those minute details of your music with care, transforming new media files for exceptional high-resolution audio playback.
Peripheral Circuitry Off Function: The NA6006 has functions to turn off the WiFi, Bluetooth, headphone output circuit, variable audio output circuit, and digital output circuits, as well as the display to prevent noise from surrounding circuits from entering the audio signal output from the unit.
Optical Digital Input & Output: An optical (toslink) digital output is provided for connection to your home theater network audio player or other component. The unit's optical (toslink) digital input lets you use the NA6006 as a DAC with other digital audio sources. The optical (toslink) digital connections support Linear PCM signals (stereo) with sampling frequencies of 32, 44.1, 48, 65, 88.2, 96, 176.4, & 192 kHz.
Note: The digital input & output are not compatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, or DSD audio formats.
Stereo Analog Output (Variable or Fixed): The NA6006 network audio player is outfitted with analog stereo RCA outputs that can be set to fix or variable. This selectable fix or variable stereo RCA output is used to connect directly to an AV or stereo receiver, powered or active speakers, and integrated or power amplifiers.
Headphone Amp w/ Gain Control: The NA6006 also employs a high-quality dedicated headphone amplifier, which features its own output stage that's also equipped with HDAM-SA2 devices along with a precision variable analog volume & gain control. The gain control features three different selections (High/Mid/Low), making it possible to seamlessly drive low- or high-impedance headphones. There is a 1/4" headphone jack on the front-panel.
Network & HEOS Audio
- Ethernet Jack: The Marantz NA6006 network audio player is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to make a wired connection from the network audio player to your home network.
- Built-in WiFi: The network audio player also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual, or shared through your Apple iOS device (7.0+).
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz network audio player. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services (fees may apply), plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz network audio player.
- Online Music Services: Using the HEOS app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music services like Amazon Music (including HD), Pandora, TIDAL, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Napster, TuneIn, & Spotify (some services will require a paid subscription, purchases, and/or other fees). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
- Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Marantz network audio player. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too.
- If you prefer, HEOS supports multiple accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
- Systems & Groups: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, players, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz). You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that functions as if they were a single source. The HEOS eco-system is flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 Heos devices per Group). You can easily group 16 rooms together with Party Mode by simply using a "pinch" gesture.
- Compatible Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system -
- TuneIn Internet Radio & Spotify Connect
- HEOS music apps (including Amazon, Pandora, Tidal, and more)
- Windows PC & DLNA music servers
- Bluetooth & USB audio (AirPlay is not supported)
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Incompatible Sources: The player's optical (Toslink) digital input does not support multi-room distribution.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Marantz network audio player. The network audio player supports the Bluetooth SBC codec only.
- Wireless Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the network audio player's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the network audio player. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
- Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls is not supported.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz network audio player.
App, Voice, & Remote Control
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, network audio players, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device; Windows PC or DLNA music server, and USB or Bluetooth audio. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
Remote Control: The Marantz NA6006 includes an ergonomic IR remote control for wireless operation of the network audio player and its various sources, as well as Marantz integrated amplifiers. The Marantz NA6006 is also outfitted RCA input & output connectors that allow you to connect the NA6006 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals for combined remote control.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with FLAC, WAV, ALAC, and DSD music files via USB or DLNA.
Front-Panel Display Dimmer: The Marantz network audio player features 4 display settings for the front-panel LCD window; 100%, 70%, 40%, and Off. You can set the front-panel LCD to display English, French, or Spanish text.
Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 90 minutes in 10-minute increments.
Auto-Standby: If there is no input signal or operation for 1 to 99 minutes, the Marantz network audio player will automatically go into Standby mode.
Software Updates: Using the network audio player's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. You can also set the network audio player to automatically download the latest firmware and software updates when it is in standby mode. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz network audio player up-to-date.
- Plays digital music from computers, music servers, and online services with your home stereo system
- ESS9016 Sabre DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for high-performance playback of digital music
- Dual-band Wi-Fi creates a solid connection to your wireless network
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- HEOS technology supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, vTuner internet radio, and SiriusXM
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library via Wi-Fi, controlled by your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming audio from an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes on your computer
- DLNA 1.5 certified for streaming music wirelessly from compatible computers and network-attached storage (NAS) drives
- High-resolution playback of DSD, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC files; also plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution for PCM files; up to 5.6MHz resolution for DSD files
- Marantz Musical Digital Filtering signal processing lets you tailor sound to your liking
- Output stage uses Marantz's latest generation Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) for low noise and lifelike sound
- Gapless playback with FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, and DSD files
- Handheld remote control included
- Free Marantz Remote app available for Apple and Android™ devices
- 2 pairs of stereo analog RCA outputs (fixed and variable)
- Optical digital audio input
- Optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port
- Front-panel USB input (Type A) for connecting an iPod or compatible USB memory device
- Direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Discrete headphone amplifier with 1/4" output and volume control
- IR flasher input for use with external controllers
- Detachable power cord
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-3/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 14-5/8"D
- weight: 6.57kg
What's in the Box:
- Network audio player
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC005NA)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Bluetooth/WiFi antennas
- 42" Stereo RCA cable
- 29" Mono-RCA remote control cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on Radio
- Warranty Information
- Bluetooth/Wifi Antennas note
- Spotify brochure