Marantz MM-7055 5-Channel Power Amplifier 140w / Ch
About the Marantz MM-7055
Five Channels of Home Theater Horsepower
Behind the MM7055's elegant facade lies a muscular, yet refined current-feedback amplifier design that excels at reproducing both fine musical detail and hair-raising transient peaks.
The MM7055 is comfortable driving high-performance speakers. If your preamp or A/V processor has XLR outputs, you can connect to this amp's XLR inputs and enjoy the superior sound quality they provide.
Instant Power Supply: The final stage of the power amp uses the same LAPT (high efficiency power transistor) as the SM-11S1, offering instant power supply capability. The power section has a large transformer and Marantz original 33,000 μF / 71 V x 2 block condensers to provide a powerful, presence filled sound.
Heat Dissipation: The chimney-shaped heat sink efficiently processes the heat emitted from the amp and a quiet cooling fan removes the heat from the chassis. A high-sensitivity temperature sensor IC is used to control the cooling fan's rotation speed to match the amount of heat generated by the amp.
Auto Standby: With the Auto Standby Mode is turned on this unit will enter standby mode after approximately 30 minutes (continuous) with no input signal.
Speaker Outputs: The five speaker output terminals are binding posts; they are not 5-way posts, but will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire. A plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they're too far apart for dual banana plugs.
Inputs: Each channel has an RCA (unbalanced) and XLR (balanced) input. Separate switches for each channel specifies which is engaged.
Display: A blue indicator on the front panel display and a blue ring around the display light when the power is on; the blue ring around the display can be turned off if you prefer. Separate red indicators on the display light when the protection circuit or Auto Standby feature is engaged.
Remote Power Control: This unit is equipped with a remote power control function; when a compatible Marantz preamp is connected, this unit's power can be switched on and off simultaneously with the preamp. The RCA Remote Control input is connected to the preamp and the Remote Control output can be connected to other compatible Marantz components; CD player, DVD player, Tuner, etc.
Flasher Input: The IR flasher input is useful with universal remote controls; power and mute remote codes are available for the MM7055.
DC Control: The 3.5mm mini-jack input allows the MM7055's power to be controlled by another device (5-15 V). The DC Control output allows the MM7055 to control the power of another compatible device (12 V/44 mA).
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- 5-Channel Power Amplifier
- 140 Watts Per Channel Into 8 Ohms (20-20,000 Hz) At 0.08% THD, With 2 Channels Driven
- Frequency Response: 8-100,000 Hz (±3 Db)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 105 DB
- One RCA And One XLR Input For Each Channel
- Discrete Current Feedback Circuit For Accurate, Natural Sound At All Volume Levels
- DC Trigger Input/output
- IR Flasher Input
- Massive Power Supply For High Current And Low Noise
- Gold-plated Binding Post Speaker Terminals
- Detachable Power Cord
- Weight: 15 Kg
- 17-3/8"W X 7-1/4"H X 16-1/4"D
- Warranty: 1 Years
Features And Specs
- Number Of Channels: 5
- Power Output Per Channel (8 Ohms): 140
- Power Output Per Channel (6 Ohms): 170
- Frequency Response : 8-100k
- THD: 0.08%
- Bridged Power Per Channel: N/a
- Speaker Outputs: 5
- THX Certification: No
- Width (Inches) : 7-3/8
- Height (Inches) : 7-1/4
- Depth (Inches): 16-1/4
Inputs & Outputs
- Number Of Inputs: 5
- Speaker Connectors: Posts
What's In The Box:
- 5-Channel Power Amplifier
- 68" AC Power Cord
- 44" Remote Control Cable (Single RCA On Both Ends)
- User Guide (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Power: (20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08% THD, two channels driven simultaneously)
- 8 Ω: 140 watts x 5
- 6Ω: 170 watts x 5
- RCA: 1.2 V/22 kΩ
- XLR: 2.4 V/30 kΩ
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Power Consumption: 660 watts
- Standby Power: 0.2 watts