Marantz AV8805 13.2-Channel Home Theater Pre-Amplifier/Processor With Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS Built-in
This pre-pro has the connectivity, capabilities, and performance to create immersive movie and music sound in your home.
Marantz's flagship pre/pro handles up to 13 channels!
The versatile AV8805 AV preamp/processor provides the connectivity, capabilities, and acclaimed Marantz performance you'll need to create immersive movie and music listening experiences in your home, night after night. Its massive processing power will unleash the full potential of the latest audio and video formats for home theater.
Marantz AV8805 back panel
The AV8805 has enough balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs to run up to a 13-channel system, including up to 6 effects channels.
Upgrades for discerning ears
When you look at photos of the AV8805's back panel and internal components, it's easy to see why this pre/pro costs as much as it does. The parts quality and circuit design choices simply can't be done on the cheap. That large toroidal transformer ensures superior current delivery and low noise. Big power supply capacitors offer more than double the reserve current capacity of Marantz's lesser pre/pro models, for increased dynamics. And AKM's latest-generation 32-bit DACs are used on all channels to provide exceptional resolution and transparency.
The '8805's heavy copper-plated chassis includes a three-piece top-panel plus a double-layer bottom plate to provide a solid, vibration-resistant foundation. And along with its 13.2-channel balanced XLR outputs, this pre/pro even includes a pair of balanced stereo inputs for connecting your favorite high-end audio source. Be sure to pair the AV8805 with a high-quality multichannel power amp (or two), like Marantz' own MM8077. Then you'll really hear how far home theater has come.
Removing the AV8805's top and sides reveals high-quality components, including the large toroidal power transformer (lower left).
New dimensions in surround sound
The AV8805 offers the most flexibility for setting up an Atmos system that we've yet seen in a pre/pro. You can have as many as six overhead or Atmos enabled speakers in up to a 7.1.6 configuration, or you can set up a 9.1.4 system with "front width" speakers to create a larger soundstage. And you can use up to two powered subwoofers, supported by discrete outputs on the pre/pro, in any Atmos configuration.
In addition to its impressive Dolby Atmos capabilities, the AV8805 supports DTS:X and Auro-3D for realistic, multidimensional surround sound that puts you in the middle of the action.
Smartphones, tablets, computers, and online music services all play here
If much of your music listening takes place in the digital domain, you'll love the AV8805's digital music features. Built-in Wi-Fi® makes it easy to connect to your home network. From there, you can play music wirelessly from networked computers and NAS drives. Apple® users can stream tunes from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or a computer running iTunes® with AirPlay. Or, connect your iPod® or iPhone to the front-panel USB port and control it with the included remote.
Android™ users will appreciate Bluetooth connectivity, for wirelessly streaming audio from any app on your device. Spotify® and SiriusXM subscribers can listen to their favorite playlists or stations. Plus, there's built-in support for Pandora® and hundreds of free online radio streams. Into high-resolution music? The AV8805 can play files with sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, as well as DSD files.
HEOS multi-room music — now with voice control
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favorite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room, or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn, Soundcloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS gear, you can play all your music in one room or many.
The AV8805 has the processing to play different music in as many as three rooms simultaneously. Want to add video to another room? The Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to watch different video content at the same time in each zone. There's also a third HDMI output for connecting both a projector and a TV in your main zone.
Marantz made a good thing even better by including compatibility with Amazon Alexa. Enjoy cutting-edge voice control and incredible sound for all of your home entertainment. Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled A/V pre/pro. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
Setup help and Audyssey "Platinum"
A feature-packed component like the AV8805 is only as good as your ability to set it up and control it. Marantz's Setup Assistant guides you through all your connections and settings right out of the box. Just connect your TV with an HDMI cable and you'll be ready to get started. Audyssey's Platinum suite of speaker calibration offers some cool features, including independent calibration for dual subwoofers.
The AV8805 supports the latest Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. It allows you to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences. The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app is available for purchase at the Apple® AppStore or Google Play Store.
Control your system with your smartphone
When your system is ready to roll, download the free Marantz Remote app for your Apple or Android device. It's an easy way to control this preamp/processor over Wi-Fi, giving you an intuitive touchscreen interface to change sources, play digital music, and operate key features.
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; compatible with 5.1.2 to 9.2.4 setups
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- Auro-3D® built in for three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes (up to 13.1-channel configurations)
- IMAX Enhanced certification for improved performance with IMAX Enhanced content (via firmware update)
- video upconversion (up to 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions (expandable to 32 with a professional installer)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Digital Music Options:
- built-in 802.11n dual-band Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, Deezer, Tidal, Napster, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX2 (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output
- line-level outputs for Zones 2 and 3
- Zone 2 HDMI output for watching video content from different sources in two rooms simultaneously
- component and composite video outputs can be assigned to Zone 2
- 15.2-channel balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs for connecting to amplifiers and powered subwoofers
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update (no ETA yet) supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 5 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical and 2 coaxial
- 7 sets of stereo unbalanced RCA audio inputs (including front-panel input)
- 1 set of stereo balanced XLR audio inputs
- MM phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel RCA preamp inputs
- Ethernet port for a fast, dependable wired network connection
- IR, remote, and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- RS-232C port has Control4 SDDP and Crestron Connected certification, for quick, easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation gear
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- Audio Performance Features:
- massive low-noise toroidal power transformer derived from Marantz Reference Series components
- premium AKM AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels
- fully discrete HDAM current-feedback modules
- heavy copper-plated chassis with three-piece top cover and double-layer bottom plate provide superior structural strength and isolation from vibration and interference
- high-density anti-vibration feet with felt insulators
- supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- built-in AM/FM HD Radio™ tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 7-3/8"H x 16-15/16"D
What's in the box:
- Marantz AV8805 owner's manual
- AV Surround Preamplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC039SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- 2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
- "Bluetooth/WiFi Certified" sheet