KEF T301 Ultra Slim On-Wall Speaker System With Kube10 Subwoofer - Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Satellite Speaker Package # SP056
The best of home theatre
With a flat screen TV, you want speakers to match. Really flat.
More importantly, you also want to fill the room with high definition 3D sound that’s every bit as involving as what’s on screen.
With KEF’s new T Series, you get exceptionally slim profile speakers that generate all the intricacy, spaciousness and dynamic range of a high end conventional design.
You’d expect no less from KEF. With some of the finest speakers in the world to our credit, ours is a 50-year success story of innovation that includes unrivalled experience of home theatre: our multi-award winning systems have for years been the standard by which others are judged.
No wonder even the most demanding listeners love the new T Series the first time they hear it – and when you discover the unique technologies crammed into each slender enclosure, you understand why…
KEF’s revolutionary T Series is in a different league from any low profile speaker you’ve ever heard.
As one of the world’s thinnest high performance home theatre systems, the new T Series combines several landmark innovations: a radical new ultra-low profile bass and midrange driver, and a large, fully vented new tweeter. By incorporating both in cabinets only 35mm (just over 1.25in.) deep, the T Series brings you all the pleasures of true audiophile quality sound in a speaker that perfectly complements the aesthetics of the latest flat screen TVs.
Ultra-slim bass driver
Clean, forceful response that brings the action vividly to life.
Instead of a cone, the radical new twin-layer bass and midrange unit has a flat diaphragm whose rigidity throughout the frequency range is maintained by very fine stiffening ribs, with the driver as a whole acting as a stressed member to help eliminate any unwanted resonance from the slim cabinet. The resulting response is as clean, accurate and distortion-free as a quality conventional speaker, with none of the bulk.
In addition to minimising the height of the magnets, we placed the entire suspension outside the magnet system so that it adds nothing to its height. Whether you opt for the standard satellite and centre speakers or the larger models with additional bass/midrange drivers, the result is an exceptionally shallow unit that allows the enclosure to have the same installed depth as current flat screen TVs without compromising acoustic integrity in the slightest. Lush yet well controlled, it’s the kind of performance that brings soundtrack effects to life with a real sense of drama.
Large new vented tweeter
A warm, natural sound that’s so real you feel you’re there.
The generous size of the sophisticated new 25mm (1in.) vented tweeter specially developed for the T Series allows exceptionally accurate reproduction, especially of the human voice. And silken, effortlessly pure high notes. The clarity is outstanding, even played loud.
KEF’s unique ‘tangerine’ waveguide helps to disperse the sound image evenly throughout the room. The combined effect is remarkable: you find yourself immersed in a dense three-dimensional sound picture that completely engages you with what’s happening on screen.
The perfect balance: engineering integrity with design flair.
Everything about the new T Series has been designed from first principles to achieve a sleek, unobtrusive look that matches the styling of modern TVs while still maintaining the high standard of audio fidelity KEF is famous for.
The precision etched logo and chamfered black anodised aluminium side trims hint at the meticulous attention to detail and superb build quality of what’s inside. Ease of use is built in from the start, with KEF’s ingenious Selecta-mount™ system concealed in the optional stand automatically adjusting each speaker’s sound balance according to whether it’s mounted on your wall, desktop or floor.
- Frequency response: 24-140 Hz (-6 dB)
- Built-in Class D amplifier delivers 300 watts RMS of continuous power
- Custom-designed 10" woofer
- Acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- iBX (Intelligent Bass Extension) digital signal processing provides deep, dynamic bass at any listening level
- 3 placement presets (free-standing, in-cabinet, or corner) let you choose your sub's location for optimal bass performance
- Variable low-pass crossover (40-140 Hz)
- Phase control switch (0°/180°)
- Line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- Main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- Detachable power cord
- 13-15/16"W x 14-5/8"H x 14-5/8"D
- Warranty: 1 YearSubwoofer
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognized in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.