KEF Q950 Tower Speaker – Pair
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.
- 1-1/2" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- Dual 8" aluminum woofers
- The tweeter and topmost woofer use kef's uni-q technology, which places the tweeter in the center of the woofer
- This specialized positioning creates a large listening "Sweet spot" in your room
- Dual 8" aluminum passive radiators for enhanced bass performance
- Frequency response: 44-28,000 hz (±3 db)
- Sensitivity: 91 db
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 15-200 watts
- Bass-reflex (passive radiator) design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Black satin matte finish
- No grille included
- Included plinth and carpet spikes provide added stability
- 14-1/16"W x 43-15/16"H x 12-15/16"D (with plinth and spikes)
- Weight: 20.63 kg.
- Warranty: 3 years
What's in the Box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 2 Outrigger feet
- 4 Spikes
- 6 Screws
- 6 Washers
- 4 Rubber inserts
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Features and Specs
- Enclosure : Bass Reflex
- Finish : MDF/Vinyl-wrapped
- Color : Black
- Tweeter : Dome
- Tweeter Size (inches) : 1.5
- Midrange Size (inches) : 8.0
- Woofer Size (inches) : 8.0
- Woofer Composition : Aluminum
- Woofer Surround : Rubber
- Built-in Powered Sub : No
- Video-Shielded : No
- Connector Type : Post
- Bi-amp Inputs : No
- Parts Warranty : 3 Years
- Labor Warranty : 3 Years
- Power Range : 15-200
- Frequency Response : 44-28k Hz
- Sensitivity : 91 dB
- Impedance (Ohms) : 8
- Height (inches) : 43-15/16
- Width (inches) : 14-1/4
- Depth (inches) : 12-3/8
- Weight : 20.63 Kg.
Exceptional Sound From Kef's Q Series Flagshipa
- KEF is famous in the audiophile community for their super high-end loudspeakers.
- But the British hi-fi company also makes a line of high-value, high-performance speakers that incorporate many of the technologies found in KEF's more expensive models.
- The Q950 — KEF's Q Series flagship speaker — combines a striking grille-less design with exceptional musical performance to fill even large rooms with excellent sound.
- An expanded view of the Uni-Q driver assembly shows the careful design and construction that go into making each Q950.
A Room-filling "Sweet Spot," Thanks To Uni-q® Technology
- KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places the Q950's 1-1/2" aluminum dome tweeter into the acoustic center of the cabinet's topmost 8" woofer.
- This concentric design allows sound to originate from a single point source, making the speaker's "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
- I've had the pleasure of hearing Uni-Q technology in person many times with KEF's super-popular, award-winning LS50 speakers.
- Even when sitting off to the side or in the back of our listening room, I've enjoyed detailed, three-dimensional sound.
- You can expect the same in your home with a pair of the '950s.
Ideal For Music, Movies, And More
- The speaker's 8" Uni-Q driver is joined by a separate 8" woofer dedicated to reproducing low frequencies.
- These two woofers team up with a pair of 8" passive radiators to deliver accurate, punchy bass with your favorite albums, movies, sports broadcasts, and video game soundtracks.
- This speaker does not come with a grille.