KEF Q650C Center Channel Speaker For Home Cinema
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- Dual 6-1/2" aluminum woofers
- 6-1/2" aluminum passive radiator for enhanced bass performance
- Uni-q® driver array technology creates a large listening "Sweet spot"
- The tweeter and middle woofer are concentrically mounted to create a single "Point source" of sound
- Frequency response: 64-28,000 hz (±3 db)
- Sensitivity: 87 db
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 15-150 watts
- Bass-reflex (passive radiator) design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Black satin matte finish
- No grille included
- 24-13/16"W x 8-7/16"H x 12"D (with rubber feet)
- Weight: 13.60 kg.
- Warranty: 3 years
What's in the Box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Features and Specs
- Enclosure : Passive Radiator
- Tweeter : Dome
- Midrange Size (Inches) : 1
- Woofer Size (Inches) : 6-1/2
- Connector Type : Post
- Power Range : 15-150
- Sensitivity : 87 Db
- Impedance (Ohms) : 8
- Frequency Response : 64-28k Hz
- Height (Inches) : 8-5/16
- Width (Inches) : 24-13/16
- Depth (Inches) : 11-15/16
- Weight : 13.60 Kg
- Parts Warranty : 3 Years
- Labor Warranty : 3 Years
The centerpiece of your Q Series home theater
- Building a KEF Q Series surround sound system? Then the Q650c is the perfect choice for your all-important center channel. You'll enjoy a rock-solid center image and smooth, natural sound that lets you get the most out of movie soundtracks, TV shows, and sports broadcasts.
- Use the KEF Q650c center channel speaker as part of a Q Series home theater system.
Room-filling dialogue thanks to Uni-Q® technology
- KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places this speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of the middle-most 6-1/2" woofer.
- This concentric design allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
- we've had the pleasure of hearing Uni-Q technology in person many times, with KEF's super-popular, award-winning LS50 speakers.
- Sit wherever you like — you'll enjoy detailed dialogue and immersive center stage special effects throughout your room.
Excellent bass from your center channel
- The Q650c uses two different 6-1/2" woofers to deliver solid bass response.
- In addition to the 6-1/2" Uni-Q array, there's a separate 6-1/2" low-frequency driver.
- The third 6-1/2" cone is a passive bass radiator, which moves in response to the two woofers to reinforce the low-frequency output.
- This gives you tight, tuneful bass that blends seamlessly with the tweeter for smooth, full-range sound.
- This speaker does not come with a grille.