KEF Q550 Tower Speakers Set - Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Package # SP045
- KEF Q550 Tower Speakers x 2
- KEF Q150 Books shelf Speakers x 2
- KEF Q650 Centre Speaker x 1
- KEF's Cutting Edge Kube 12 Subwoofer x 1
An excellent addition to any home setup.
At the heart of the evolved Q Series is the Uni-Q driver array. The signature innovation places the tweeter in the acoustic centre of the midrange and bass cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever to realisation. The result is a more detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with any conventional speaker. Uni-Q's ultra-wide dispersion is further enhanced through KEF's 'tangerine' waveguide over the tweeter dome.
Damped tweeter loading tube
With the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube providing a gentle termination of sound produced from the back of the tweeter, lower treble performance is improved dramatically and a new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass.
New system design
The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass. Midrange clarity is enhanced again through improvements to the mid-bass driver that allowed the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also created a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.
Beefier LF drivers and ABRs
Low-frequency (LF) drivers now have a larger roll surround, along with a new suspension to produce cleaner bass at high volumes. A new cone structure improves midrange clarity, and an enhanced Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR) with a new surround and rear suspension delivers better controlled and more impressive bass.
KEF Kube 12b
The Kube unleashes explosive power intelligently thanks to iBX technology that extends bass depth dynamically. Delivering immersive music and home theatre sounds that drive you deeper into the heart of the performance.
Explore new dimensions in sound with Kube, KEF’s powerful range of subwoofers that open up sound’s hidden depths.
Each elegantly designed, fully sealed unit unleashes explosive power effortlessly, intuitively, intelligently. iBX technology extends the bass depth dynamically, unlocking the full potential of the driver’s power at normal listening levels or even the most extreme. And with KEF’s unique capability to design, build and integrate the driver in-house, we take optimisation to a whole new level. Delivering immersive music and home theatre sounds that drive you deeper into the heart of the performance.
Go deep or go home. KEF’s design and engineering team worked in chorus to develop iBX. This Intelligent Bass Extension algorithm creates an extended depth that unlocks the full potential of the custom driver. Giving you unparalleled precision and ultimate synchronicity between amplifier, driver and sealed cabinet.
Your room, your rules. Kube subwoofers offer unmatched flexibility in configuration. With a range of LFE, line & speaker-level inputs, Phase selection and 3 DSP controlled EQ settings to help match your sub to any room placement, you’re in control right out of the box. Set up the Kube where it’s most convenient to you, match it to any main speaker or with any type of music system and start exploring new depths in your sound.
We’re on the same page. KEF is quite possibly the only high-end manufacturer who designs, engineers and assembles the driver, cabinet and circuitry in-house. This level of integration is the hallmark of our commitment to pure sound and the Kube stays true to that ideal. What you get is a driver and amplifier so perfectly attuned they sing in absolute harmony.
- Frequency response: 22-140 hz (-6 db)
- Built-in class d amplifier delivers 300 watts rms of continuous power
- Custom-designed 12" woofer
- Acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- Ibx (intelligent bass extension) digital signal processing provides deep, dynamic bass at any listening level
- 3 placement presets (free-standing, in-cabinet, or corner) let you choose your sub's location for optimal bass performance
- Variable low-pass crossover (40-140 hz)
- Phase control switch (0°/180°)
- Line-level/lfe rca inputs
- Main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- Detachable power cord
- 15-1/2"W x 16-1/8"H x 16-1/8"D
- Weight: 20.63 kg.
- Warranty: 1 years
Features & Specifications
- Enclosure : Acoustic Suspension
- Video Shielded : No
- Woofer Size (inches) : 12
- Woofer Composition : Not given
- Firing Direction : Front
- Wireless : No
- Preamp-Level Inputs : Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs : No
- Speaker-Level Outputs : No
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq : 40-140 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq : 0
- Phase Switch : Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts) : 300
- Frequency Response : 22-140 Hz
- Height (inches) : 16-1/8
- Width (inches) : 15-9/16
- Depth (inches) : 17-3/8
- Weight : 20.63 Kg
- Warranty : 1 Years
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.