KEF Q350 Bookshelf Speakers – Pair
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.
- Pair of speakers for music or home theater
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 6-1/2" aluminum woofer
- Uni-q® driver array technology creates a larger listening "Sweet spot"
- Tweeter and woofer are concentrically mounted to create a single "Point source" of sound
- Frequency response: 63-28,000 hz (±3 db)
- Sensitivity: 87 db
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 15-120 watts
- Bass-reflex cabinet with cfd (computational fluid dynamics) rear-firing port for accurate, musical bass
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Black satin matte finish
- Speaker grilles not included
- 8-5/16"W x 14-1/4"H x 12-1/16"D (with rubber feet)
- Weight: 7.6 kg (each)
- Warranty: 3 years
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Foam port plugs
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Features and Specs
- Enclosure : Bass Reflex
- Video Shielded : No
- Tweeter Type : Dome
- Tweeter Size (Inches) : 1
- Midrange Size (Inches) : N/a
- Woofer Size (Inches) : 6.5
- Woofer Composition : Aluminum
- Woofer Surround : Rubber
- Power Range : 10-120
- Sensitivity : 87 Db
- Impedance (Ohms) : 8
- Frequency Response : 63-28k Hz
- Connector Type : Post
- Bi-amp Inputs : No
- Height (Inches) : 14-1/16
- Width (Inches) : 8-5/16
- Depth (Inches) : 12-1/16
- Weight (Pounds) : 16.8
- Mounting Bracket Included : No
- Recommended Stand Height (Inches) : 18-24
- Parts Warranty : 3 Years
- Labor Warranty : 3 Years
Powerful performance from kef
- Building a new audio system for your home?
- I recommend checking out kef's q350s.
- These attractive, full-size bookshelf speakers create a wide soundstage with pinpoint imaging.
- Use them as part of a stereo music system, or as left- and right-channel speakers in a kef q series home theater system.
Kef q350 bookshelf speakers
- An expanded view of the uni-q driver assembly shows the detailed design and build quality that goes into making each q350.
A room-filling "Sweet spot," thanks to uni-q® technology
- Kef's patented uni-q technology places each speaker's 1" tweeter in the acoustic center of the 6-1/2" woofer.
- This concentric design allows sounds to originate from a single point source, making the "Sweet spot" (the ideal listening position) much larger.
- we've had the pleasure of hearing uni-q technology in person many times, with kef's super-popular, award-winning ls50 speakers.
- Sit wherever you like — you'll enjoy detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound throughout your room.
Get the most out of your stand-mount speakers
- I'm a proponent of using high-quality speaker stands with "Bookshelf" speakers.
- They help improve the sound by giving your speakers a stable, vibration-free platform.
- When shopping for stands, remember that the ideal height will place the tweeters roughly level with your ears, for maximum clarity.
- Speaker stands also give you more placement flexibility, since you won't be limited to a space on your shelf or table.
- The sanus sf26 steel stands are an excellent choice to use with these speakers, but feel free to contact one of our advisors for a specific recommendation for your setup.
- These speakers do not come with grilles.