KEF LS50 Wireless High-Performance Bookshelf Speakers with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® - Pair
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.
A gorgeous, versatile high-end audio solution
- We see and hear dozens of new loudspeakers every year at Audiomaxx, so it can be tough for one to stand out from the crowd.
- But these KEF LS50 Wireless powered speakers have a lot to offer, and they really grabbed our attention.
- They're beautiful, compact, easy to use, and versatile enough to form the core of your everyday sound system.
- And you won't believe the rich, detailed sound they produce.
Audiophile sound quality
- When you're going for that magical level of sonic realism that can raise goosebumps, one of the biggest challenges is matching the right amplifier to your speakers.
- So KEF has eliminated the guesswork: they put two custom-designed amplifiers in each speaker — 200 watts to each woofer, and 30 watts to each tweeter — so each driver gets perfect power.
- And the attention to detail doesn't stop there. Each driver has a high-end 192 kHz/24-bit DAC to make digital sound come alive.
- Built-in digital signal processing (DSP) offers an easy Beginner mode, but you may prefer to take total control in Expert mode, and tweak the sound to perfectly suit your unique room.
- Whichever way you choose, you can make your changes via a free smartphone app, available for Apple® and Android™ devices.
A room-filling "sweet spot," thanks to Uni-Q technology
- KEF's patented Uni-Q technology places each speaker's tweeter in the acoustic center of the bass/midrange cone.
- That lets the LS50 Wireless create a detailed, accurate, three-dimensional sound image.
- In essence, it makes the "sweet spot" — the ideal listening position — much larger. Sit wherever you like! It'll sound fantastic.
Customizable room EQ with the free app
- KEF knows your room is unique, so they've put the power of choice in your hands.
- Just download KEF's free app, and you'll be able to tune the speakers to suit your space.
- Once you've made all the big adjustments, you can revisit and make manual tweaks to your heart's content.
- Think of a way you want to use these LS50 Wireless speakers, and you'll likely find a connection to make it happen.
- Want to transform the sound from your TV? Run an optical digital cable to the back of the right-hand speaker.
- Enhance computer gaming by plugging your machine into the asynchronous USB port.
- You can even run the output of your phono preamp into the RCA inputs and enjoy your favorite records.
- Or, you can skip the wires altogether and stream your favorite high-res tunes through the LS50 Wireless' Bluetooth® connection.
- Or use your home's Wi-Fi® network to play music files from a DLNA-compatible computer or music server.
- The left and right speakers share audio signals via an included Ethernet cable.
Did we mention that they're super-stylish?
- LS50 Wireless speakers come in three attractive color combinations, so they'll delight your eyes as much as they do your ears.
- Each has a curved front baffle that adds a touch of elegance to your shelf or speaker stands.
- Even the most design-conscious homeowner can find a prominent place to display these beauties.
- Frequency response: 79-28,000 hz (±3 db)
- Bi-amped design with separate class d woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- Woofer amplifier power: 200 watts
- Tweeter amplifier power: 30 watts
- Uni-q driver array technology makes your entire room sound like the "Sweet spot"
- Individual 192khz/24-bit dac for each driver
- 5-1/4" magnesium/aluminium alloy woofer
- 1" vented aluminium dome tweeter
- Peak spl: 106 db
- Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptx® for high-quality audio streaming performance
- Built-in dual-band wi-fi® for audio streaming from dlna devices on your network
- Spotify connect lets you stream music wirelessly using the spotify app on your smartphone or tablet (premium subscription required; requires firmware 1.62 or later)
- Precise digital signal processing controls allow optimal room integration
- Free downloadable app lets you make pinpoint eq adjustments with your apple® or android™ device
- Bass-reflex cabinet with elliptical rear port for accurate, musical bass
- Mdf enclosure with elegant curved front baffle
- Connections (located on back of right-hand speaker):
- Stereo line level rca input
- Toslink digital optical input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/96khz)
- Asynchronous usb type b input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/192khz)
- 10/100 mbps rj45 ethernet input
- Mono rca subwoofer output
- Detachable power cord
- Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-7/8"W x 11-7/8"H x 13-1/4"D
- Weight: 9.97 Kg. (left speaker),10.20 Kg. (right speaker)
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in The Box:
- Bluetooth powered speaker (right)
- Bluetooth powered speaker (left)
- Two 6.5' ac power cords
- 10' cat-6 interconnect speaker cable
- 6.5' usb-b to usb-a cable
- 42" ethernet cable
- Remote control (cr2032 battery installed)
- Quick start guide
- Important safety information
- Warranty information
- "Caution/warning" sheet