Arcam PA240 - Class G Stereo Power Amplifier
Stereo power amplifier
A beefy amplifier to drive power-hungry speakers in a stereo system or left/right speakers in a surround sound setup.
Two channels of power for your sound system
If you're using power-hungry speakers in your two-channel sound system, the Arcam PA240 can feed them the watts they need. It gives you plenty of volume for music listening, and it excels at controlling the stop-start motion of your speakers' drivers. That precise control enhances accuracy, deepens bass, and helps create a realistic soundstage.
The PA240 can also be used to drive a pair of speakers in a surround sound system. The Arcam AV860, for example, offers balanced and unbalanced front left (FL) and front right (FR) outputs that can be connected to inputs on the PA240.
Versatile Class G amplifier
The engineers who designed the PA240 wanted it to provide the right amount of power at the right time, so your music always sounds exactly as it should. That's why they chose a Class G amplifier design, which uses Class A circuitry for low-level signals, then kicks in a higher-voltage power supply for more demanding dynamic peaks. And it does it without adding any crossover distortion or noise.
The PA240 offers unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs for connecting to a preamp, plus one pair of unbalanced passive outputs. An RS232 input allows third-party remote control, and an Ethernet port lets you connect to the internet and works with home automation. There's 12-volt trigger input and output for remote turn-on and a USB Type-A port for firmware updates.
- 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with 2 channels driven
- 380 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier
- toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- switchable gain: 25/31dB (31dB is default setting)
- 1 pair of balanced XLR preamp inputs
- switchable RCA/XLR input mode
- 1 pair of unbalanced RCA preamp outputs
- L/R speaker outputs with binding-post connectors
- USB Type-A port for firmware updates
- RS-232 and Ethernet ports for control via third-party automation systems
- 12-volt trigger input and output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/16"W x 7"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 39.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the box:
- Stereo power amplifier
- 5' AC power cord
- Registration Instructions
Inputs & Outputs