Arcam AVR21- HDMI 2.1 High Power Class AB 7.2 Channel AV Receiver
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Bluetooth®, Chromecast built-in, and Apple AirPlay® 2
This receiver provides plenty of power and has advanced video and sound processing that make your movies come to life.
Audiophile-grade home theater sound
Arcam is well-known in the industry for producing carefully crafted audiophile-grade components. Their new AVR21 is a fantastic example of the thought and precision they put into the equipment they make. This home theater titan faithfully reproduces film soundtracks and songs thanks to its advanced processing. And it has a plethora of 8K-ready HDMI inputs for hooking up the latest A/V sources.
Tons of clean power for any occasion
The AVR21 uses a beefy Class AB amplifier that sends 110 watts per channel to your speakers. That's more than enough juice to power most bookshelf and floorstanding speakers. It starts with an over-engineered toroidal power supply that helps reduce noise before it ever hits the amp stage. Arcam's audiophile-approved amp design provides a vanishingly low noise floor and a high signal-to-noise ratio. In the real-world, those on-paper specs result in premium performance and optimum clarity.
Immerse yourself in your favorite films
Surround sound decoding has come far from where it once was. The AVR21 supports 16 channels of surround sound decoding for formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and AURO-3D.
You can run a pretty large surround sound system using just the receiver's seven built-in channels. Or you can take advantage of the many preamp outputs on the rear panel and use a separate amplifier to run an 11.2-channel system. Either way, this receiver accurately reproduces every aspect of a movie's soundtrack, from thunder above, to explosions behind, and front-and-center action unfolding on-screen.
Streaming albums made easy
This receiver offers plenty of ways to get your music going. It supports streaming through Apple AirPlay® 2, Google Chromecast, Bluetooth®, Spotify Connect®, and TIDAL Connect. It supports UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) too, which lets you access high-res files stored on your home network. You can select streaming sources through the free MusicLife app (available on Android™ and iOS®). The app also lets you use your phone as a Wi-Fi remote control.
Industry-leading Dirac room correction
Dirac Live® is one of the finest room correction systems in the industry. Use the included microphone and run the Dirac software on your laptop to take precise sound measurements in your room. After the software completes the test, it then creates a personalized EQ correction curve for all your speakers, made to overcome your room's specific acoustic characteristics. By using Dirac, you'll let your speakers achieve their full sonic potential.
- 7-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- supports up to a 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X setup with additional external power amps
- Dirac Live® room correction tailors the sound to your room's acoustics (microphone included)
- Dirac Live software requires a Windows® or Mac® laptop
- optional Dirac Live Bass Control for fine-tuning subwoofers available separately via Dirac's website
- dual ESS 9026PRO audiophile digital-to-analog converters for ultra-clear sound from stereo and surround sources
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 4K/120Hz and 8K/60Hz signals
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K and 8K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- dual main-room HDMI outputs for sending signal to both a TV and a projector
- zone 2 HDMI output for sending signal to another part of the house
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K and 8K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports Dolby Vision®,HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 4 coaxial
- 1 optical digital audio output
- 6 analog RCA stereo audio inputs
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input and 3.5mm headphone output
- 15.2-channel preamp outputs
- Ethernet port for network connection
- IR (infrared) and 12-volt trigger connections for use with optional 3rd party controllers
- detachable power cord
Music streaming options:
- Chromecast built-in for streaming over Wi-Fi with a wide range of compatible apps on your mobile device
- Spotify® Connect lets you play music using the Spotify app on your mobile device (subscription required)
- Apple AirPlay 2 for easy streaming from an iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer
- Bluetooth with support for high-quality aptX® HD streaming
- free Arcam MusicLife and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) control apps let you use your iOS® or Android™ device as a wireless remote control
- built-in FM tuner with 50 station presets
- remote control included
- color front-panel display
- dimensions: 17-1/16"W x 6-11/16"H x 18-9/16"D
- weight: 36.37 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Auto calibration microphone
- 6.5' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- 2 WiFi antennas
- Bluetooth antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Quick Start booklet
Inputs & Outputs
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Support