YAMAHA RS500 Stereo Amplifier / Receiver 75w x 2 @ 8 Ohms, Dual Zone
Yamaha R-S500 Stereo Receiver
"Yamaha's R-S500 stereo receiver was designed with the music listener in mind."
・ToP-ART and ART Base chassis construction fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration.
・Pure Direct uses the shortest signal route for higher sound purity with low noise and transmission losses.
・Yamaha's exclusive Continuously Variable Loudness Control for listening at low volumes.
・An iPod Dock port provides highest quality sound from an iPod. iPod Video Out allows connection to a TV.
・With a subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can greatly expand your choice of high quality radio programs.
・This receiver makes it easy for someone in another room to listen to the music and even control playback.
About the Yamaha R-S500
Yamaha's R-S500 stereo receiver was designed with the music listener in mind. It offers inputs for a CD player, a turntable, a tape deck and more. You'll find knobs to control volume, bass, treble, and balance. The R-S500 has a continuously variable loudness control, so you can hear all the detail in your favorite music at even the lowest volume. There's also a Pure Direct mode for your CD player so the music comes through with clarity rarely heard on a standard stereo.
Second zone capability means that you can listen to all of your favorite tunes in another room. There's also a line-level output so you can add a powered sub to bring out the deep bass that most home speakers can't reproduce.
- 75 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.04% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 6 stereo RCA inputs (including phono)
- 1 mono RCA output for powered subwoofer
- rec out selector
- Rotary bass and treble controls
- Continuously variable loudness control
- Pure Direct mode bypasses tone, balance, and loudness controls for cleaner sound
- Multibrand remote control
- Headphone jack
- Front-panel and remote switching for two pairs of main speakers
- Binding post speaker connectors
- Sleep timer
- 17-1/8" W x 6" H x 15-1/4" D
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- Black stereo receiver
- Wireless remote control (RAX25)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
- Top-art/high current amplification: Yamaha uses the top-art (total purity audio reproduction technology) design concept, which combines the latest and best technologies, parts, and circuit designs, to maximize sound quality.
- High current amplification uses superior quality components from input to output to achieve high current power with low impedance.
- with 75 watts of power per channel (at 8 ohms, 20 hz-20 khz, 0.04% thd), the r-s500 delivers solid, reliable audio performance even when driving both a and b speakers at the same time.
- the receiver's wide frequency response, 10hz to 50khz, allows you to enjoy the full fidelity of any source with two-channel analog outputs.
Dual zone capability:
- the r-s500 allows you to play two different sources in two zones. The receiver has a pair of stereo preamp outputs for zone 2.
- A separate amplifier or stereo receiver with a pair of speakers, or a powered speaker system is required for zone 2.
- The amount of loudness compensation is adjustable, using a rotary knob on the front panel.
- The pure direct feature bypasses the bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls for the best sound from any source.
Record out selector:
- Front-panel rotary knobs let you listen to one source, while feeding a different source to the tape and line 1 outputs for recording.
- All of the receiver's speaker terminals are binding posts.
- They are not 5-way binding posts because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they are too far apart for dual banana plugs.
- Compatible speakers can be bi-wired using the a and b speaker terminals simultaneously (they are wired in parallel).
- The r-s500 has an impedance switch, allowing operation with two pair of 6 ohm speakers.
- The rca phono input is designed for moving magnet (mm) turntable cartridges.
- If you have a moving coil (mc) cartridge a phono preamp is necessary.
- The stereo receiver is equipped with a mono-subwoofer output for connecting a powered sub.
- The receiver has a standard 1/4" headphone jack on the front panel for private listening.
- When headphones are plugged in, the receiver's speaker output is not muted, so remember to turn the a and b speakers off.
Max volume adjustment:
- use this feature to set the maximum volume level; used to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake.
- You can set the max volume from -30 db to +15 db in 5 db steps, or to +16.5 db (full volume range is -89.5 db to +16.5 db).
Initial volume setting:
- Use this feature to specify the volume level when the power is turned on; choose between off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), mute, and -89.5 db to + 16.5 db in 0.5 db increments.
- The power (main room and zone 2) can be set to turn off after a specific amount of time without any adjustments being made; options include 4, 8, or 12 hours.
- The sleep timer turns the receiver off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Rax25 remote control:
- The remote control can operate the receiver as well as other remote control capable components from yamaha and other manufacturers.
- The remote is pre-programmed with control signals for other brand tvs, vcrs, dvd player/recorders, blu-ray disc players, dvrs, cable boxes, and satellite receivers, along with yamaha cd player/recorders, md player/recorders, tape decks, and ld players.
- The receiver a mini-jack input and output for use with other compatible components.
Our product research team
- At Audiomaxx, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
- That's because we have our own in-house product research team.
- They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
- We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
|Features & specs|
|Stereo RMS Power (watts)||75|
|THD in Stereo||0.04%|
|Frequency Bandwidth (stereo)||20-20k Hz|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|FM Sensitivity||Not Given|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||100dB|
|Phono Signal to Noise Ratio||87dB|
|Total Number of Zones||2|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Ethernet Wired Network Port||---|
|Total Audio Inputs||6|
|Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Speaker Output Pairs||2|