SVS SB16-Ultra Powered Subwoofer 16 Inch 5000w Peak Output With App Control - Piano Gloss Black
Who is SVS?
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time.
By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products which bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
Potent, Precise Bass To Thrill Music And Movie Lovers
The SB16-Ultra is SVS's flagship sealed-box subwoofer. Whether your entertainment tastes run to Hollywood mayhem or traditional jazz, this sub's way with low frequencies combines audiophile-pleasing accuracy and musicality with mind-boggling power.
This heroic design uses a high-output 16" driver and a smart 1500-watt amplifier, for effortless handling of even the most demanding bass passages in your favorite music and movies.
Three Major Innovations
The SB16-Ultra features the biggest driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer. This lightweight yet rigid 16" cone is connected to an 8" edge-wound voice coil — the largest we've ever heard of in a consumer subwoofer. Large cones are by nature difficult to control, but that oversized voice coil ensures accurate frequency response and quick transients, for bass that never sounds "slow" or boomy.
It takes serious electronic muscle to power and control such a massive woofer cone, and the built-in Sledge STA-1500D amplifier is more than up to the task. Unlike many Class D amps, this one's discrete MOSFET outputs can deliver incredible amounts of current, helping it push that 16" woofer to extreme levels of performance. Keeping all this power under control is an advanced Analog Devices digital signal processor.
The third big innovation puts precise control over the SB16-Ultra at your fingertips. SVS's smartphone app gives you total control from your Apple® or Android® device. It handles all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer display, and built-in Bluetooth® allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. You can also control the sub via the intuitive front-panel display, or with the supplied remote.
Brains To Match All That Brawn
The SB16-Ultra's on-board tools for fine-tuning the sound include three digital parametric EQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values.
Room Gain Compensation control gives you a way to help tame pesky room response issues, like the tendency of bass to become overpowering in smaller rooms.
And of course, you get fully adjustable phase compensation and digital crossover controls.
To make adjustments easier, SVS moved the LED display to the sub's front panel.
And they also included stereo line-level RCA plus balanced XLR inputs and outputs for flexible connectivity with a wide range of audio gear, including high-end stereo preamps and A/V preamp/processors.
- Frequency response: 16-460 Hz (±3 DB)
- Built-in class d amplifier delivers 1500 watts RMS of continuous power (5000 watts peak dynamic power)
- Active PFC (power factor correction) ensures the cleanest 1500w output regardless of your home mains supply
- 16" fiberglass resin composite cone with cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
- 8" diameter, high-power edge-wound voice coil
- Robust MDF cabinet construction with double-thickness front baffle and reinforced bracing to support the massive drive unit and ensure an acoustically inert environment
- Acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- High-resolution 50mhz analog devices audio DSP with 56-bit filtering for ultra-precise audio reproduction
- Continuously variable low-pass crossover (30-200 Hz, with selectable 6db, 12db, 18db, or 24db/octave filter settings, and a disable/life setting)
- 3 digital parametric eq filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and q values
- Room gain compensation lets you compensate for the increase in low frequency sound as room size decreases
- Variable phase control (0-180°)
- 3 bass response presets (movie, music, custom)
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8-digit led display
- Remote control
- Subwoofer control and bass management smartphone app for apple® and android® devices
- Unbalanced rca and balanced xlr line-level/lfe inputs
- Unbalanced rca and balanced xlr line outputs
- 3v-12v trigger input for turning the subwoofer on/off from another component, like an a/v receiver or pre-pro
- Main power on/off switch
- Detachable power cord
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Black oak wood veneer finish
- 19-1/2"W x 20"H x 20-1/8"D
- Weight: 55.33 kg
- Warranty: 5 years
Features & Specs
- Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
- Video Shielded: No
- Woofer Size (inches): 16
- Woofer Composition: Composite fiberglass/resin
- Firing Direction: Front
- Wireless: No
- Preamp-Level Inputs: Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs: No
- Speaker-Level Outputs: No
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq: 50-160 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq: None
- Phase Switch: Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts) : 1500
- Frequency Response: 16-460 Hz
- Height (inches) : 20
- Width (inches) : 19-1/2
- Depth (inches) : 20-1/8
- Weight: 55.33 KG
- Warranty: 5 Years
Inside The Box:
- SVS SB16-Ultra owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Owner's Manual