SVS SB4000 Powered Subwoofer 13.5 Inch 4000w Peak Output With App Control -Black Oak
Who is SVS?
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time.
By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products that bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
Wireless Control From Your Phone
You'll find the SB-4000 simple to operate and control. There's no reaching behind it to fumble with hard-to-see dials and switches. Instead, make settings changes right from the front-panel interface — or easier still, the included IR remote control.
You can also control this sub via a free app on your phone, which lets you select your room's layout, change audio settings, and switch modes right from your seat.
Bass Tailored To Your Room
SVS knows that a sub's performance is largely determined by the acoustics of your room, and your subwoofer's position within it.
Thankfully, this enormous sub doesn't have to be wrangled into a single "sweet spot" in your room.
It offers a host of sound adjustments that let you get great sound wherever it's located. Use the app to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and other bass management functions.
You can even save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets. These let you set up and switch between "listening modes" for a particular time of day or entertainment source.
For instance, you can easily dial the bass down for nighttime listening.
Dynamite Bass From A Jack-Of-All-Trades
I have a mental checklist of features that I look for in an elite powered subwoofer. The first few — sonic realism, visceral "oomph," room adaptability, and ease of control — are crucial components of performance. SVS' SB-4000 checks off each of these boxes with ease.
I had the pleasure of demoing this fine sub when SVS visited our headquarters for a recent training.
The '4000 proved its versatility by generating wall-shaking bass during demanding movie scenes.
But it also served up controlled, subtle low frequencies during quieter passages. Use this sub with confidence as part of a high-end stereo or home theater system.
SVS SB-4000 Powered Subwoofer
You won't find any knobs or dials on the back of the SB-4000. Instead, everything is controlled from a free app on your smartphone or tablet.
Goal Number One:
- Move a lot of airI'll get into the more nuanced aspects of this sub in a moment.
- But first things first: the SB-4000's most notable trait is its sheer brute strength.
- Its heavily braced enclosure houses a massive 13-1/2" woofer. This exceptionally large surface area means there's a ton of bass wave generation.
- This mammoth driver is powered by a 1200-watt RMS amplifier which allows it to produce commanding bass all the way down to 19 Hz (that's dipping into the subsonic territory — bass you feel but can't hear).
- Simply put, this sub is a beast. But its hard-hitting bass isn't sloppy or undefined. On the contrary, I found the SB-4000 offers a high degree of accuracy and low-frequency definition.
- Frequency response: 19-310 Hz (±3 DB)
- Built-in class d amplifier delivers 1200 watts RMS of continuous power (4000 watts peak dynamic power)
- Front-firing 13-1/2" composite paper/fiberglass cone with a die-cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
- Acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- Front-mounted intelligent feature control (IFC) panel with blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit led display
- In-depth control via bluetooth® for apple® and android™ devices
- App-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric eq, polarity, and other bass management functions
- Bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real-time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- Selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- Three digital parametric eq filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and q values
- Variable low-pass crossover
- Variable phase control (0-180°)
- Line-level/lfe RCA and balanced (xlr) inputs
- RCA and xlr outputs
- Main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on the mode
- Infrared (ir) remote control included
- Detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- Non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Black ash wood veneer finish
- 17-13/16"W x 18-5/16"H x 20-15/16"D
- Weight: 46.40 kg.
- Warranty: 5 years
Features & Specs
- Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
- Video Shielded: No
- Woofer Size (inches) : 13 1/2
- Woofer Composition: Composite/Glass Fiber
- Firing Direction: Front
- Wireless: No
- Preamp-Level Inputs: Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs: No
- Speaker-Level Outputs: No
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq: 30-200 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq: None
- Phase Switch: Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts) : 1200
- Frequency Response: 19-310 Hz
- Height (inches) : 18-5/16
- Width (inches) : 17-13/16
- Depth (inches) : 20-15/16
- Weight: 46.40 Kg
- Warranty: 5 Years
Inside The Box:
- SVS SB-4000 owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 4 Elastomer feet
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions