SVS PB4000 Powered Subwoofer 1200w Peak Power With App Control - Black Ash
Who is SVS?
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time.
By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products which bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
Wireless Control From Your Phone
You'll find the PB-4000 simple to operate and control. There's no reaching behind it to fumble with hard-to-see dials and switches.
Instead, make settings changes right from the front-panel interface — or easier still, the included IR remote control.
You can also control this sub via a free app on your phone, which lets you select your room's layout, change audio settings, and switch modes right from your seat.
Bass Tailored To Your Room
SVS knows that a sub's performance is largely determined by the acoustics of your room, and your subwoofer's position within it.
Thankfully, this enormous sub (did I mention it weighs over 150 pounds?) doesn't have to be wrangled into a single "sweet spot" in your room.
It offers a host of sound adjustments that let you get great sound wherever it's located.
Use the app to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ settings, polarity, room gain, and other bass management functions.
You can even save up to three groups of tailored settings as presets. These let you set up and switch between "listening modes" for a particular time of day or entertainment source.
For instance, you can easily dial the bass down for nighttime listening.
Goal Number One: Move a Lot of Air
I'll get into the more nuanced aspects of this sub in a moment. But first things first: the PB-4000's most notable trait is its sheer brute strength.
Its heavily braced enclosure houses a massive 13-1/2" woofer. This exceptionally large surface area means there's a ton of bass wave generation.
And its ported box design means that the backward motion of the driver also contributes to wave creation, further reinforcing low-frequency extension.
This mammoth driver is powered by a 1200-watt RMS amplifier which allows it to produce commanding bass all the way down to 16 Hz (that's dipping into the subsonic territory — bass you feel but can't hear).
Explosive Bass From Subwoofer Experts
It's no secret why SVS's diverse lineup of powered subwoofers is so popular with our customers.
Their acclaimed subs offer staggering levels of bass in a variety of footprints and enclosures.
The all-new PB-4000 continues the company's track record of high-end performance with the impeccable build quality and expert-level sound-tweaking options.
Friendly heads-up: this sub is not for the faint of heart. I mean, just look at the thing — that trio of tunnel-sized ports on the front mean business. And at 153 pounds (!!), it's one of the largest and heaviest subs in SVS's lineup.
Outstanding For Movies, Music, And Video Game Immersion
I have a checklist of features that I look for in an elite powered subwoofer. The first few — sonic realism, visceral "oomph," room adaptability, and ease of control — are crucial components of performance. The PB-4000 checks off each of these boxes with ease.
This sub can produce crazy levels of bass, for sure. But it also offers impressive control for such a large, ported enclosure.
Use the PB-4000 with confidence as part of a high-end stereo or home theater system.
- Frequency response: 16-200 hz (±3 db)
- Built-in class d amplifier delivers 1200 watts rms of continuous power (4000 watts peak dynamic power)
- Front-firing 13-1/2" composite paper/fiberglass cone with die-cast aluminum basket for extreme performance and reliability
- Bass reflex (ported) design with three giant front-firing ports
- Front-mounted intelligent feature control (ifc) panel with blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit led display
- In-depth control via bluetooth® for apple® and android™ devices
- App-based control of crossover frequencies, parametric eq, polarity, and other bass management functions
- Bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time in both app and the subwoofer's display
- Selectable room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope to better match bass to room size
- Three digital parametric eq filters with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and q values
- Variable low-pass crossover
- Variable phase control (0-180°)
- Line-level/lfe rca and balanced (xlr) inputs
- Rca and xlr outputs
- Main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- Infrared (ir) remote control included
- Detachable high-current 6-foot power cord
- Non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Black ash wood veneer finish
- 20-1/2"W x 23-7/16"H x 30"D
- Weight: 69.49 Kg.
- Warranty: 5 years
Features & Specs
- Enclosure : Bass Reflex
- Video Shielded : No
- Woofer Size (inches) : 13 1/2
- Woofer Composition : Composite/Glass Fiber
- Firing Direction : Front
- Wireless : No
- Preamp-Level Inputs : Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs : No
- Speaker-Level Outputs : No
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq : 30-200 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq : None
- Phase Switch : Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts) : 1200
- Frequency Response : 16-200 Hz
- Height (inches) : 23-7/16
- Width (inches) : 20-1/2
- Depth (inches) : 30
What's in The Box:
- SVS PB-4000 owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 4 Elastomer feet
- 3 Foam port plugs
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions