SHURE SM58® Dynamic Vocal Microphone - A Legend That Cuts Through The Noise.
- Designed to dent upon impact, shock-absorbing grille protects the cartridge from damage.
- Foam on top of the resonator cap serves as the second stage in pop filtering.
- Calculated porting in capsule ensures a uniform cardioid polar pattern across the frequency range for maximum gain-before-feedback.
- Pneumatic shock mount virtually eliminates stage vibration and handling noise.
- Adhesive compound secures transformer and prevents moisture and temperature changes from entering the handle. It also creates an airtight chamber to enable proper shock mounting and low-end frequency response.
- Primer and paint are chemically tested, then pulled with tape to ensure proper adhesion.
SM58 frequency response
- Check out how the SM58’s carefully crafted frequency response delivers the warmth and clarity you want in a vocal mic and rejects the audio clutter you don’t.
- Every SM58 Shure manufactures must pass a frequency response test to ensure the consistency that vocalists and engineers rely on night after night.
- Low-cut roll off reduces handling noise, wind noise and plosives.
- Smooth mid-range adds warmth and depth to the vocal range.
- Presence peak increases intelligibility for speech and enables vocals to cut through the mix of amplified instruments.
HOW IT WORKS
Made to handle voice with clarity and care, the uniform cardioid polar pattern reproduces every note as it was intended. And it leaves background noise behind. On any stage—from the club show to the stadium—the SM58 delivers warm, crisp sound time after time.
WHY IT'S BETTER
Roll with no shake or rattle
Handling noise gets absorbed by the pneumatic shock mount, keeping the sound free of vibration.
SCREEN OUT UNWANTED AIR
When wind and plosives try to take over, the spherical mesh grille and built-in pop filter keep them out of the mix.
RUGGED FOR THE ROAD AHEAD
Taking the show on tour? The mic’s durable construction and the break-resistant mic clip keep the SM58 going strong through the toughest performances.
If you’ve ever heard someone sing or speak into a live microphone, there’s an excellent chance it was an SM58. Rock stars. Pop idols. Comedians. Presidents. Popes. Immortal words have passed through its iconic grille for generations. And with engineering and durability that set the world standard, it’s sure to keep turning up at legendary performances.