About the Pioneer VSX-832
Audioomaxx brings you the versatile and dynamic VSX-832 5.1-Ch AV Receiver from Pioneer loaded with features like Ultra HD Pass-through, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X with Surround Enhancer, 4K Ultra HD, video scaler, 4 HDMI ports, HDCP 2.2, high-resolution audio playback, dual-band WiFi & Bluetooth. The VSX-832 is here with its five powerful direct energy output stages to blow your mind and transform your living room into a Dolby Atmos theatre-like room. Also, with the availability of the Surround Enhancer, you don’t require a rear speaker anymore. With the use of “Dolby Atmos Enabled” speakers, the all-encompassing three-dimensional sound of the new object-based audio format can be produced using only two front and one center speaker. Alternatively, the VSX-832 naturally supports conventional 5.1 speaker sets as well. What’s more? The VSX-832 with its four HDMI inputs is ready for the future UltraHD 4K video format (60p, 4:4:4, 24-bit) with all HDR dynamics extensions. You know what this means, right? Your home cinema will be the real deal and remain state-of-the-art for years to come.
You don’t have to connect a player to listen to music anymore. This is possible because the VSX-832 comes with its own programming with the integrated streaming services Spotify, Tidal and Deezer. You can also access locally stored music via WiFi, Bluetooth, AirPlay and, after a firmware update, using integrated Chromecast technology or PlayFi. The receiver consistently offers the right streaming technology for any file format, every smartphone, tablet or PC and all types of network storage. The VSX-832 is here to meet all your demands and provide you with an incredible experience.
2-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Dolby Atmos®* for 3.1.2ch/Dolby Surround (*Available with future firmware update)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)* Pass-through Support (*Supports HDR 10 and Dolby Vision™ signal pass-through)
- 165 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven FTC)
Upgrade your home entertainment to the next level with Pioneer’s VSX-832, the first 5ch AV receiver supporting Dolby Atmos®. Enjoy a wide, enveloping soundscape with the Surround Enhancer. Ultra HD video, HDR10, and Dolby Vision present life-like images, while FlareConnect™, Chromecast built-in, and DTS Play-Fi® let you stream music anywhere in the house. Limitless songs on internet radio and network streaming services are just a few taps away with the Pioneer Remote App.
Dolby Atmos for 3.1.2ch with Surround Enhancer
The VSX-832 supports up to 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos*. Surround Enhancer*
developed by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., is a virtual speaker technology based on Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF). With DSP, virtual surround speakers deliver the sound that usually comes from surround speakers. The 3.1.2ch is virtually expanded to 5.1.2ch to create a 3D surround sound field. Even those who have difficulty installing rear speakers can also enjoy various audio formats** in a wide sound field with Surround Enhancer, as well as Dolby Atmos.
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio.
When using Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, high directivity sound from the unit reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. The different pathways cause a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. The Reflex Optimizer which uses the Phase Control technology adjusts this shift and improves the localization of the sound image by aligning the frequencies with those of the floor speakers, creating the ideal reproduction environment.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-832 supports pass-through for HDR10 and Dolby Vision. By connecting the source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level, and distance, and equalizes response.
Synchronized Sound with Phase Control
As an innovative solution for the phase lag between the subwoofer and the main channel speakers caused by the bass management filter, Phase Control compensates for the delayed bass to improve sound synchronization.
Built-in Dual-Band Wi-Fi
Enjoy network features such as audio streaming via wireless LAN connection. The built-in Wi-Fi is dual-band, supporting both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz frequency channels. By using the 5 GHz band, you can enjoy the steady and uninterrupted streaming of audio files.
Internet Radio & Online Music
Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, TIDAL and Deezer.
Multi-room Audio Offers a Variety of Ways to Enjoy Music
FlareConnect shares are audio from network and external audio* input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Pioneer Remote app.
The VSX-832 features Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at g.co/cast/audio apps.
DTS Play-Fi* wirelessly streams any audio content from any compatible mobile device to the VSX-832 and DTS Play-Fi compatible audio systems, creating a multi-room system in your home. You can stream different sources to different speakers at the same time from the DTS Play-Fi app.
- Channels: 5
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 130 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- Dolby Atmos®*1 for 3.1.2ch/Dolby Surround*1
- Surround Enhancer*1
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio/DTS 96/24/DTS-ES/DTS-HD Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad-Core) x1
- 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (AK4438)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Phase Control
- Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Warranty: 2 Years
Home Network Features
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR10 and BT.2020 Support
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Color (36-bit), “x.v.Color”
- Whole-Home Audio with FlareConnect*1
- Chromecast built-in*1,2
- DTS Play-Fi*1,2 Ready
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Amazon Music*3, Spotify®*4, TIDAL*4, Deezer*4, and Pandora*4 Music-Streaming Services Ready
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, WAV
- 5.6/2.8 MHz DSD Playback (except via Wireless LAN)
- Dolby® TrueHD Playback (via USB only)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Works with Pioneer Remote App (iOS/Android)*5 for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- Compatible with AS-DB100 USB DAB Adapter (Sold Separately)*6
- GUI with System/Network Setup Menu
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- DAB/DAB+ Radio Ready (optional AS-DB100 required)
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Audio 1 In (Mini Stereo Jack)
- Phones 1 Out
Dimension & Weight
- HDMI 4 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 1 Out
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 1 Pre Out
- Speaker 5 ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND)
- FM/AM Antenna
- Power Requirements: AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 400 W/0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 173 x 320.5 mm
- Weight: 8.6 kg