About the Pioneer VSX-934
Audiomaxx presents the Pioneer VSX-934 7.2-channel receiver with 7x160 Watt, 6 HDMI Inputs (4K), Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer, Works with Sonos, Zone 2, AirPlay 2, Bluetooth and USB. Immerse in 3D surround sound of Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X, or you can still enjoy similar effects by Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer* and DTS Virtual:X* even without height or surround speakers. Featuring Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ pass through with support for HDCP 2.2., the VSX-934 offers evermore life-like images. You can stream songs from various sources via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, DTS Play-Fi, SONOS system and Apple AirPlay 2*. Other highlights include the Powered Zone 2 feature with a dedicated DAC, Personal Preset buttons, and 2 HDMI outputs.
2-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ pass through with support for HDCP 2.2.
- DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing/DTS Virtual:X
- Apple AirPlay 2* / Works with SONOS
- Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Built-in Bluetooth®
- Next Generation video standard ready
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Works with Sonos
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-934 is compatible with a 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization* and DTS Virtual:X*
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Just press the Personal Preset button on the front panel for three seconds, and your current settings such as volume level and listening mode can be saved. Up to three presets can be registered and easily called up from the front panel button or the remote control.
With this unique mid-range sound control feature, you can make independent volume adjustments to the range including dialogues in films, with the up/down key on the remote control.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-934 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Colour Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.3, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level, and distance, and equalizes response.
When using Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, high directivity sound from the unit reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. The different pathways cause a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. The Reflex Optimizer which uses the Phase Control technology adjusts this shift and improves the localization of the sound image by aligning the frequencies with those of the floor speakers, creating the ideal reproduction environment.
Works with SONOS
By connecting the VSX-934 to Sonos Connect, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. You can group the VSX-934 with other Sonos devices on the network, or use it independently. The AV receiver will automatically turn on and switch input as soon as you play music on your Sonos app.
Powered Zone 2 with Dedicated DAC
With the powered feature, the VSX-934 can directly drive speakers in another room, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-934 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound by connecting your wireless headphone dock. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2 + LE). The VSX-934 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, with support for SBC/AAC codecs. With Wake on Play function, the AV receiver automatically wakes up and switches input when a Bluetooth source starts playing.
- Channels: 7
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 160 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 135 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer*1
- DTS Virtual: X*1
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2ch, 5.1ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM)
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Phase Control
- Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Warranty: 2 Years
Home Network Features
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.3 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR10, HLG, and BT.2020 Wide Colour Gamut Signal Passthrough
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v. Colour”
- FlareConnect™ for Multi-room Audio
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App
- Apple AirPlay 2*1
- Works with SONOS
- Amazon Music*2, Spotify Freemium*3, Spotify Premium*3, TIDAL*3, and Deezer*3 Music-Streaming Services Ready
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*4, AIFF, FLAC, WAV (RIFF) and 5.6 MHz DSD*5
- Personal Preset
- Dialogue Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.2 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- Pioneer Remote App*6 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Audio 1 In (Mini Stereo Jack)
- Phones 1 Out
Dimensions & Weight
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- Audio 4 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE B Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- Speaker 7ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT/Bi-AMP/ZONE 2)
- FM/AM Antenna
- Power Requirements: AC 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 450 W/0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 173 x 370.5 mm
- Weight: 9.6 kg