About the Pioneer SC-LX901
The SC-LX 901 is an AV receiver that effortlessly meets even professional quality standards. Point of honor: after strict listening tests and fastidious fine-tuning, it received the “Monitor” certificate from London’s Air Studios. For object-oriented cinema sound in the maximum expansion stage, the SC-LX 901 offers fully 11 output stages for incredibly hot cinema or concert evenings while staying comfortably cool themselves thanks to the highly efficient Direct Energy HD design. The receiver is fully ultra-HD capable and already supports the future HDR and BT.2020 color space and image dynamics extensions. With Pioneer’s own super-resolution scaling, it converts standard HD material into not only somewhat but truly convincing 4K images. The new streaming features supporting all transmission standards stand up to every comparison: Bluetooth and dual-band WiFi are integrated. With Tidal, Spotify, and Deezer, the three best streaming services grant access to their music archive with millions of titles directly through the SC-LX 901 – with a corresponding subscription. The SC-LX 901 plays back high-resolution material from local media servers up to 24bit/192kHz and quad-rate DSD (11.2MHz). Tablet users rejoice as their apps find the right way to the system in any situation with Chromecast built-in and Airplay. With the brand-neutral, high-performance FlareConnect multi-room standard, the music from all sources connected to the SC-LX 901 can also reach an entire network of other rooms and play perfectly synchronized throughout the house if desired.
2-year Manufacturer's Warranty
The SC-LX901 featuring 11.2-ch Class D amplifier is fully-equipped for the latest multi-dimensional surround sound formats, DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos®, featuring the Reflex Optimizer for Dolby enabled speakers. With Ultra HD (4K/60p/4:4:4) upscaling/passthrough and HDR/BT.2020 standards ready, images are ever more impressive. In addition to internet radio and various network streaming services, with Chromecast built-in, you can use your mobile device to cast your favorite music to your receiver. The multizone feature supports powered ZONE 2/ZONE 3 output.
Multi-Dimensional Excitement with Dolby Atmos®
The SC-LX901 is compatible with 7.2.4ch/7.2.2ch/5.2.4ch configuration of the latest cinema sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers.
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio.
The SC-LX901 comes with Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to the receiver. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook™. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at g.co/cast/audio apps.
Note: Chromecast built-in will be available with a future firmware update.
Ultra HD (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit) Upscaling/Pass-Through with HDCP 2.2
Next-Generation Video Standard Ready
The feature lets you take advantage of the highest-quality video source for viewing on a 4K TV. With support for HDCP 2.2, you can enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection on a compatible display. What's more, the SC-LX901 is ready for the HDR (High Dynamic Range) and BT.2020 next-generation video standards.
Note: Supports up to 4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit with HDCP 2.2 on HDMI IN (1/2/3/4/5) and HDMI OUT (MAIN/SUB).
MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
MCACC Pro, the pinnacle of Pioneer's auto room tuning technology, analyzes the phase and group delay characteristics to precisely controlling phase differences between speakers. MCACC Pro corrects phase differences in all ranges and all channels, from phase difference in the original audio material to the sound emitted from the speakers.
Full Band Phase Control
Pioneer's Phase Control technology effectively eliminates phase lag and significantly improves the multi-channel sound without any extra operation. Furthermore, The Full Band Phase Control technology focuses on the group delay in the speaker network filter and adjusts the phase of each unit as well as the group delay for each speaker. Multi-range speakers gain the sound coherence of full-range speakers while retaining the wide frequency range advantage. In an environment where the phase of all units and all channels are precisely controlled, a remarkably clear sound location with a surrounding feel is achieved. In combination with MCACC Pro, the ideal multi-channel reproduction environment can be created, which faithfully replicates object audio and the intention of the directors.
High directivity sound reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. This difference causes a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. To solve this, the new technology optimizes the performance of your up-firing elevation speakers for your listening environment, by aligning the phase of a direct and indirect sound, matching the basic tone, and optimizing the upward-oriented frequencies. The result is overall seamless sound with Dolby enabled speakers, allowing the ideal reproduction of three-dimensional surround sound.
Multi-room Audio Offers a Variety of Ways to Enjoy Music
FlareConnect shares are audio from network and external audio* input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Pioneer Remote app
- Channels: 11
- Amplification Type: Class D (Direct Energy HD)
- 850 W Multi-ch Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %)
- 270 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch Driven IEC)
- 200 W/ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch Driven IEC)
- Construction Design:
- Advanced Direct Construction
- Rigid Trans-Stabilizer
- Anti-Standing Wave Insulator
- AIR Studios Sound Tuning
- Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio/DTS 96/24/DTS-ES/DTS-HD Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch)
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad-Core) x1
- ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9016S)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- MCACC Pro Auto Room Tuning
- Full Band Phase Control
- Precision Distance
- Subwoofer EQ (4 Band)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR and BT.2020 Support
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), "x.v.Colour"
Home Network Features:
- FlareConnect™*1 for Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in**1, 2
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Amazon Music*3, Spotify®, Tidal*1, and Deezer*1 Music Streaming Services Ready*4
- Internet Radio (TuneIn)
- Hi-Resolution Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, WAV
- 11.2/5.6/2.8 MHz DSD Playback
- Dolby® TrueHD Playback (USB only)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.1, Profile: A2DP/AVRCP, Codec: SBC/AAC)
- Pioneer Remote App Ready (iOS/Android*5
- iControlAV5 Remote Control App Ready (iOS/Android)*5
- New GUI with System/Network Setup Menu
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- Front Terminals:
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
Dimensions & Weight:
- HDMI 7 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB)
- Ethernet 1 In
- AV (Component) 2 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Audio 2 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 2 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 3 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- Zone 2/ZONE 3 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 11 ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, HEIGHT 2/ZONE 2/SP-B, SURROUND BACK, SURROUND, HEIGHT 1/Bi-AMP/ZONE 3)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out/RS-232C
- FM/AM Antenna
- Power Requirements: AC 220-230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption/Standby: 340 W/0.15 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 441 mm
- Weight: 18.3 kg