Marantz PM5005 - Integrated Stereo Amplifier
The PM5005 has six stereo analog inputs, including a phono input for connecting a turntable, and two sets of recording outputs. Eight binding posts allow connection of two sets of stereo speakers with front-panel A/B switching for use with speakers in two rooms.
Current Feedback Design: Current Feedback amplification is a well known, Marantz's original circuit technology. The Current Feedback amplifier technology fits perfectly with the high requirements set for Super Audio software providing wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited resulting in a very low phase shift. Marantz receivers and amplifiers equipped with Current Feedback can keep the phase compensation via Negative FeedBack (NFB) to a minimum, resulting in high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency for the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback amplification, the Current Feedback amplification makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Analog Inputs/Outputs + Phono: The PM5005 is fitted with a total of six analog stereo inputs (RCA) and two analog stereo outputs (RCA). There is a Tuner, CD, Network and Phono (MM) input; as well as two sets of Recorder inputs/outputs (1-2). All analog inputs are gold-plated for optimum signal transfer.
Gold-Plated Binding Posts: Equipped with two sets of speaker terminals, the PM5005 can drive two pairs of speakers, or it can be connected to one pair of bi-wiring compatible speakers, with one set of terminals for the low range drivers and the other set connected to the high range drivers. The PM5005 is fitted with eight gold-plated binding post terminals for long life and optimum signal transfer integrity. The binding posts will accept banana plugs (single/dual), pin connectors, and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Tone Controls + Source Direct Mode: This unit has a tone control function for adjustment of bass (low frequency) and treble (high frequency) sound to produce your preferred sound. There is also the Loudness feature which compensates for human hearing characteristics by boosting the bass and treble response at low volume levels to achieve a more pleasing tonal balance. The Source Direct function bypasses unneeded circuit stages (such as the tone controls) for the most direct audio path from input to output.
Aluminum/Glass-Reinforced Resin Front-Panel: The integrated amplifier's front panel uses a carefully chosen combination of aluminum and glass-reinforced resin to create a distinctive three-dimensional appearance. Indirect reflecting blue LEDs indicating input selection, heighten its elegant appearance.
Remote Control: Featuring an easy to use ergonomic design, the elegant remote control can also be used to control the matching CD5005 CD player (sold separately), as well as controlling a network player (like the NA8005). Remote input and output terminals let you connect the PM5005 to other Marantz components, such as the matching CD5005 CD player, allowing you to place the PM5005 out of sight (such as in a cabinet) yet still providing full remote control capabilities. The IR (infrared) flasher port lets you connect the PM5005 to an external system remote controller.
AC Outlets: The Marantz PM5005 is fitted with two switched & one un-switched AC power outlets to connect your other A/V components.
Protection Circuitry: The PM56005's Protection Circuitry prevents damage to devices within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage occurs or over-temperature for any reason. If a malfunction occurs in this unit, the power indicator blinks red and the unit switches to standby mode.
Auto Standby Mode: With the Auto Standby Mode "On", this unit will automatically enter the Auto Standby Mode after approximately 30 continuous minutes of no output from the speakers or headphones.
- 40 Watts X 2 Channels Into 8 Ohms (40-20,000 Hz) At 0.01% Thd
- 55 Watts X 2 Channels Into 4 Ohms (40-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm Capability Allows Use With A Wide Range Of Speakers
- Current Feedback Amplification And Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module Circuits Offer Accuracy, Control, And A Wide Sound stage Under High- And Low-drive Conditions
- Front-panel Tone Controls (Treble And Bass)
- Source Direct Mode Bypasses Tone Control Circuits For Cleaner Sound
- Loudness Mode Improves High- And Low-frequency Response At Low Volume Levels
- 4 Stereo RCA Audio Inputs, Including A Phono Input (For Use With A Moving Magnet Cartridge)
- 2 Sets Of Stereo Rca Recording Input/output Loops
- 1/4" Headphone Output
- Binding Posts And Front-panel A/b Switching For Two Pairs Of Speakers
- 3 Rear-panel Ac Outlets For Powering Other Components (2 Switched, 1 Unswitched)
- Metal Chassis And Front Panel Minimize Distortion-induced Vibration For Cleaner Sound
- Frequency Response 10-50,000 Hz (+0dB, -1db)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 102 Db (Line In), 83 Db (Phono)
- Remote Control In/out
- Detachable Power Cord
- 17-3/8"W X 4-3/16"H X 14-9/16"D
- Weight: 6 Kg.
- Performance Specs
- Watts RMS Per Channel (8-ohms) 40
- Watts RMS Per Channel (6-ohms) Not Given
- Watts RMS Per Channel (4-ohms) 55
- Frequency Bandwidth 40-20k
- THD 0.01%
- Minimum Impedance 4 Ohms
- Signal To Noise Ratio of 103
- Digital Music Features
- Built-in Dac (Digital To Analog Converter) No
- High-resolution Audio Playback No
- Bluetooth No
- Wi-fi N/A
- Total Analog Inputs 0
- Phono Input Yes
- Optical Digital Inputs No
- Coaxial Digital Inputs No
- USB Input No
- Preamp Outputs No
- Headphone Output 1/4"
- Dimensions And Warranty
- Width (Inches) 17-3/8
- Height (Inches) 4-1/16
- Depth (Inches) 15-5/8
- Integrated Amplifier
- 5.5' AC Power Cord
- Remote Control (RC 002PMCD)
- 2 "AAA" Batteries
- Owner's Manual On CD-ROM
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information (US/CA)