About the Marantz NA8005
Discover the Beauty of Digital Music
You've probably listened to an MP3 on your smartphone or iPod® before. The sound quality may have left you feeling a little letdown. Don't let that experience prevent you from discovering how wonderful digital audio can sound. When you hear lossless files played back through the Marantz NA8005, you'll embrace the digital music revolution with enthusiasm.
Network or Local Playback of Your Digital Files
The NA8005 offers lots of ways to enjoy digital tunes from various sources. Connect your computer to the asynchronous USB input and hear your digital library sound newly refreshed as this player's audiophile digital-to-analog converter unlocks new detail and depth for a more dynamic, involving listening experience. You can also connect this player to your home network via Ethernet cable to stream music from computers, music servers, and online services like Spotify®, Pandora® Internet radio, and SiriusXM. Apple AirPlay offers easy wireless streaming from your iPhone® or iPad®, as well as networked computers running iTunes®. AirPlay streaming requires a home Wi-Fi® network and a wired connection between your player and home network.
There are a time and place for MP3s, but high-resolution music files offer unrivaled sound quality. The NA8005 can play high-res files with sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, for a sound that can exceed CD quality. You can stream these files over your network, play them from your connected computer, or load them onto a thumb drive for playback through the front-panel USB port. This versatile component also plays DSD files from your computer, server, or a USB thumb drive. Optical and coaxial digital inputs offer high-quality digital audio conversion with CDs and other digital sources.
The Sound is in the Details
The NA8005's superb sound is about more than just the Cirrus Logic DAC. Its output stage uses Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules, which ensure highly accurate, detailed sound is passed along to your amp or receiver. Build quality is what we always expect from Marantz — both solid and elegant, with a metal front panel, extra metal bottom plate, and large feet to minimize vibrations that can introduce distortion into the signal.
App control for iOS® and Android™
When you connect the NA8005 to your home network via Ethernet cable, you can control the player using your smartphone or tablet via Wi-Fi. Download the free Marantz Remote app to your Apple® or Android device and explore its intuitive interface as you explore your digital music collection with this great-sounding player.
Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player
With the Marantz NA8005 network audio player, you can connect to a world of music listening opportunities, including internet radio, SiriusXM™ subscription streaming music channels, and enjoy your favorite tracks from your iPod® and iPhone®, as well as connect to your DLNA PC or Mac computer. You can also connect an external USB drive or a network-attached storage (NAS) device to the convenient front panel USB port, and even use the port to charge your portable device.
The wide source connectivity of the NA8005 includes a connection to an external digital audio source, such as a CD player, and when connected to your home network via the RJ-45 LAN port, you can stream tracks from your PC or Mac. The NA8005 is also equipped with Apple AirPlay® which lets you stream your favorite tracks through your home network from your iPod touch®, iPhone and iPad®. A wide range of digital audio file formats is supported, including FLAC (up to 192 kHz) and ALAC (up to 96 kHz) lossless audio files, as well as stereo DSD audio files (2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz).
Featuring purist audiophile design and construction, the NA8005 features exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, including the use of HDAM and HDAM-SA2 devices, which replace conventional op-amps with our proprietary discrete component modules.
Exclusive HDAM Technology
Equipped with our renowned HDAM technology, the NA8005 features multiple HDAM and HDAM-SA2 modules in critical circuit blocks, including the output stage and the headphone amplifier circuit. Compared to conventional chip-based op-amps, HDAM technology delivers ultra-fast slew rate and high bandwidth to ensure purist audio sound quality.
Standalone D/A Converter Capability
Equipped with both optical and coaxial digital inputs, the NA8005 features the renowned CS4398 192 kHz/24 bit D/A converter, which provides a wide dynamic range and lowest distortion. For computer audio sources, the NA8005 features a USB-B port that allows direct PC hookups, and to eliminate noise-induced distortion, the USB-B port features isolated ground technology that prevents PC-originated noise from corrupting the digital audio data stream. And, the NA8005 is equipped with a special jitter reduction system that re-clocks the incoming digital audio data stream for top audio quality.
Featuring a dual-layer bottom chassis, the NA8005 is built with a rigid cabinet structure and includes premium additional audiophile enhancements such as machined gold-plated brass audio output connectors and a dedicated headphone amplifier circuit that features our HDAM technology along with a dedicated front-panel headphone volume control.
Multiple Control Options
Supplied with a deluxe ergonomic remote control that's also compatible with Marantz CD players, the NA8005 also supports the Marantz Remote App (iOS®/Android®) via your home network. The rear panel includes remote control input and output ports for direct connection to a Marantz CD player and an infrared (IR) flasher input for connection to an external control device. There's also an RS-232C serial port for connection to an external home automation system, and you can even control the NA8005 via your web browser. The NA8005 also features variable audio output capability, so you can connect it directly to a stereo power amplifier, with no need to run it through an interim pre-amp.
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Plays digital music from computers, music servers, and online services with your home stereo system
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) for high-performance playback of digital music
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes on your computer
- DLNA 1.5 certified for streaming music wirelessly from compatible computers and network-attached storage (NAS) drives
- Includes support for Pandora, vTuner Internet radio, and SiriusXM (subscription required for SiriusXM)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- High-resolution playback of DSD, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC files; also plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution for PCM files; up to 5.6MHz resolution for DSD files
- Front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone, iPad, or thumb drive
- Direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Asynchronous USB input for pure audio playback from a connected computer
- the output stage uses Marantz's latest generation Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) for low noise and lifelike sound
- Free Marantz Remote app available for Apple and Android devices
- Gapless playback with FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and DSD files
- Remote control
- AirPlay streaming requires a home Wi-Fi® network and a wired connection between your player and home network
- Connections and Dimensions:
- Stereo analog RCA outputs
- Rear-panel USB input (Type B) for connecting a computer
- Optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs
- Ethernet port
- Front-panel USB input (Type A) for connecting an iPod or compatible USB memory device
- Discrete headphone amplifier with 1/4" output and volume control
- RS-232C port and remote in/out for use with external controllers
- Detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 4-3/16"H x 13-1/4"D
What's in the Box:
- Network audio player
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC003NA)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 42" Stereo RCA cable
- 29" Mono-RCA remote control cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information (US/CA)