Marantz NA-11S1 Network Music Player
Elevate digital music to reference quality
Enjoy the convenience of digital music with crystal-clear sound quality through your home stereo system. Marantz designed their Reference Series NA-11S1 network music player to squeeze every drop of detail and sonic goodness out of digital music files, no matter where they're stored. With Internet connectivity and support for Apple® AirPlay®, you can get music from a wide variety of sources to your speakers for sound that can be as smooth and lush as any CD. Stream from an iPhone® or iPad® over your wireless home network, or use your Apple device as a remote to stream from a networked computer running iTunes®. Airplay streaming requires a home Wi-Fi® network and a wired connection between your player and home network.
Mac and PC users welcome
Not an Apple devotee? That's all right — you can still stream music from a DLNA-compatible networked PC. Or just plug your computer into the rear-panel asynchronous USB input and let the NA-11S1's audiophile digital-to-analog converters give you performance far beyond your computer sound card's capabilities. The player's internal clock takes control of the music data stream, reducing timing errors known as "jitter" that can smear subtle details and make your music sound harsh. Using this USB connection also circumvents electromagnetic and radio frequency noise generated by your PC or Mac for a sonically pure signal that results in a wide soundstage and excellent tonal depth. Fire up some high-res files to really let this player flex its muscles. The NA-11S1 offers many options for getting the most out of your digital music. (The NA-11S1 does not include the pictured amplifier, Apple devices or any other other components or accessories).
Discover new music
Whether you're interested in discovering new music or checking out old favorites, you'll enjoy the NA-11S1's built-in access to Spotify®, SiriusXM, and Pandora®, as well as thousands of Internet radio stations. It's perfect for endless musical explorations or those times when you feel like being surprised by what song comes up next.
High-quality D/A conversion
How does this network player get your digital music to sound so good? The answer lies in the audiophile-grade 192kHz/24-bit DACs, which convert your digital files precisely to clean analog signals for output to your amplifier and speakers, so no details are lost in the process. Plus, Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules are used in place of standard op amp chips, for reduced noise and improved dynamic range and detail.
Solid construction for stellar sound
Top-notch audio performance demands a sophisticated design, from the circuit board to the chassis. Marantz optimized this player to minimize interference and distortion for pure music playback. The copper-shielded toroidal power transformer provides a heavy dose of clean current. The copper-plated chassis features a thick aluminum top panel — strong enough to support another component. And the aluminum die-cast feet provide stability as well as protection from external interference — solid footing for uncompromised sound.
Some wireless streaming systems leave a lot to be desired in the remote department. But Marantz has included a versatile remote control that lets you access network music, tweak settings, and apply digital sound filters. Plus, you can download the Marantz Control app for your Apple or Android™ device, giving you intuitive touchscreen control on your mobile phone or tablet.
- plays digital music on your home stereo system via a connection to your home network
- Apple AirPlay support for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes on your computer
- 24-bit/192kHz audiophile digital-to-analog converters
- supports playback of WMA, MP3, MPEG-4, AAC, WAV, ALAC (Apple Lossless) and FLAC files
- plays high-resolution digital music files from computers and USB storage devices (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- built-in support for Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and Internet radio stations (subscription required for SiriusXM and Spotify)
- streams music from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- asynchronous USB input for sonically pure computer audio
- native DSD playback through rear-panel USB Type B port with compatible computer and receiver
- high-precision dual master clock with jitter reduction
- high current toroidal power transformer with copper-plated case
- rigid copper-plated chassis with dual-layered bottom plate and aluminum die-cast feet
- free Marantz Remote app available for Apple and Android devices (requires wireless home network)
- remote control
- AirPlay streaming requires a home Wi-Fi® network and a wired connection between your player and home network
Connections and Dimensions:
- Ethernet port for wired connection to a home network
- stereo analog RCA and XLR (balanced) outputs
- optical and coaxial digital audio outputs
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- rear-panel USB input (Type B) for connecting a computer
- front-panel USB input (Type A) for connecting an iPod or thumb drive
- dedicated headphone amplifier with full-sized output and volume control
- RS-232C port for use with home automation systems
- IR flasher input
- remote in/out for controlling with a separate Marantz component remote
- detachable power cord
- 17-5/16"W x 5"H x 16-7/16"D