Marantz HD-AMP1 - Integrated Stereo Amplifier with Built-in DAC
About the Marantz HD-AMP1
Famous Marantz Sound in a Space-saving Package
A Versatile High-res Champ
Connect your computer via the HD-AMP1's Rear-panel USB Input and enjoy your entire library of digital tunes through your favorite speakers. If you're into downloading high-resolution audio from websites like HDtracks, 2L, or Blue Coast Records, you'll love this amp. Not only can it make your MP3 and CD-quality music sound fantastic, but it also decodes high-res audio files up to the 32-bit/384kHz resolution, so you can enjoy better-than-CD audio quality. (Free USB driver download required for Windows® PC playback.) And this Marantz supports 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, and 11.2MHz DSD digital audio signals for bit-transparent playback of those high-res digital music files.
A Marantz First
Current Feedback Design: First introduced in legendary Marantz tube amplifiers more than 55 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides natural warmth and musicality compared to the standard negative feedback method, helping the HD-AMP1 deliver the utmost audio fidelity for the most enjoyable listening experience.
Marantz HDAM-SA2 Technology: Marantz's exclusive Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module technology was first introduced on their widely acclaimed CD players more than 30 years ago, and today remains a Marantz signature hallmark. Instead of using conventional IC chip op-amps, HDAM technology features precision discrete component circuit blocks that deliver wide frequency response, ultra-fast slew rate, and lowest distortion. The HD-AMP1 features HDAM-SA2 in three circuit blocks - including the analog front end and the D/A converter section, as well as the dedicated headphone amp block.
ESS SABRE DAC & Dual Master Quartz Clocks: Equipped with a reference-class ESS SABRE DAC (ES9010K2M) and dual master quartz clocks, the HD-AMP 1 delivers the ultimate high-resolution listening experience with today's hi-res audio formats, and is capable of decoding uncompressed audio tracks up to 32-bit/384-kHz, as well as three DSD sampling frequencies - 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz (DSD is the audio format of SACD).
Compatible Music Formats: For maximum enjoyment with the widest range of audiophile high-resolution lossless audio tracks, the HD-AMP1 can decode DSD, PCM, WAV, ALAC, FLAC, and AIFF audio file types. It can also decode popular MP3, WMA, and AAC tracks as well.
Marantz Musical Digital Filtering: Equipped with Marantz Musical Digital Filtering, their own proprietary DSP filter technology, the HD-AMP1 lets you choose from two digital filter algorithms so you can precisely tailor the sound to your liking.
Tone Controls w/ Source Direct: You can independently adjust the system's overall Bass & Treble settings from -8 to +8 dB. You can also balance between the left & right channels. The Source Direct feature bypasses the integrated amp's tone control for purer sound quality.
Heavy-Duty Binding Posts: The integrated amplifier is fitted with heavy-duty binding-post terminals for maximum signal transfer and corrosion resistance. The binding-post terminals will access bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade lugs, and banana plugs (single only). You can connect a single pair of 4-16 ohm speakers.
Subwoofer Output: The Marantz integrated amp features a mono-sub output for connecting a powered sub (sold separately) to your stereo system for additional bass presence.
Dedicated Headphone Circuit: Designed to deliver the ultimate listening experience with the widest range of headphone types and impedances, the HD-AMP1 features a dedicated headphone amplifier block that employs Marantz's exclusive HDAM-SA2 technology. There are three gain settings available in order to provide optimum matching with the widest range of headphones, impedances. There is a gold-plated 1/4" headphone jack on the front panel.
Elegant Chassis & Sophisticated Design: The integrated amplifier's compact, elegant chassis features a premium brushed alloy front panel with matching knobs along with Marantz's signature "Porthole" round front-panel 2-line display. The stylish wood-tone side-panels add a luxurious touch and the robust chassis features rugged dual bottom plate construction for maximum rigidity coupled to aluminum alloy chassis feet for maximum vibration resistance.
Variety Of Sources
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10; If you are using a Windows computer then you must download a dedicated USB driver from the Marantz website.
- Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11; Mac computers work without any additional driver needed.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connect: The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can also be used to directly connect your Lightning or 30-pin connector Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad. The USB connection features digital audio signal handling, which routes the digital signal to the HD-AMP1's 24 bit/192 kHz audiophile quality D/A converters for optimum fidelity. The Marantz HD-AMP1 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple devices. The Marantz HD-AMP1 offers the following iPod/iPhone/iPad functions.
- Audio Playback: You can listen to stored music and music apps from your USB connected iPod, iPhone, or iPad through the Marantz integrated amplifier.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone from the included remote control, or from your iPod/iPhone's click wheel or touchscreen. The Marantz HD-AMP1 lets you browse by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. It also offers Play/Pause, Stop, Skip/Back, Repeat, and Random functions.
- Music Information Display: The Marantz integrated amplifier will display Track #, Elapsed playing time; as well as Song, Artist, and Album name. You can also choose to view the music information on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Charging: The HD-AMP1 will charge (5V/1A) your USB-connected iPod or iPhone when the integrated amp is powered up or in standby mode. When the HD-AMP1 is put into standby mode your device continues to charge until the battery reaches full capacity and then charging is automatically shut off. This unit does not charge the iPad.
Digital Audio Inputs: There are also three digital inputs; 2 optical (toslink) and one coax (RCA) for connection of a CD, SACD, DVD, or Blu-ray player. The digital connections support Linear PCM stereo signals up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Dual Analog Inputs: For compatibility with analog audio sources such as a tuner, tape deck or any other source that's not equipped with digital audio outputs, the HD-AMP1 features two analog stereo RCA inputs.
IR Remote Control: The Marantz HD-AMP1 includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the integrated amplifier, stored music files on your computer, and a connected USB device or iPod/iPhone.
Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the HD-AMP1 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
Auto Standby: This unit will automatically switch to "Standby" mode when there is no input signal and no operation for approximately 30 minutes.
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- 35 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.1% THD
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.1% THD
- ESS SABRE DAC ES9010K2M and dual master clock crystals for wide bandwidth, high dynamic range, and low distortion
- Back-panel USB port supports PCM digital audio sources up to 32-bit/384 kHz resolution, plus native support of Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files up to 11.2 Mhz (DSD256) resolution
- Front-panel USB input plays USB memory devices and iPod®/iPhone®
- Compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV music files
- Asynchronous USB technology with advanced noise isolation for reduced timing jitter and better sound on USB input
- Built-in high-performance headphone amplifier
- Three-position gain switch optimizes performance with low-, medium-, and high-impedance headphones
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) and HDAM-SA2 modules used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- Marantz Musical Digital Filtering technology with 2 user-selectable digital filter algorithms for tailoring the sound to your liking
- Vibration-resistant solid aluminum front panel and double-layer bottom plate
- Simulated wood-grain side panels for a cool retro look
- Wireless remote
- Rear-panel USB (Type B) port for connection to a computer
- Front-panel USB (Type A) port for connecting USB memory devices and iPod/iPhone
- Two Toslink optical digital
- 1 coaxial digital
- 2 stereo RCA analog
- No phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- RCA mono subwoofer output for connecting a powered subwoofer
- Full-size 1/4" headphone jack (compatible with headphones up to 600 ohms impedance)
- Custom Marantz gold-plated solid brass speaker terminals
- RCA remote control input/output (for use with Marantz components with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
Other Info & Specs:
- Cool-running, high-performance Class D amplifier
- USB Audio 2.0 driver required for high-resolution audio playback on Windows computers (free USB driver download available from Marantz's website)
- Frequency response (DSD mode, PCM sampling frequency: 192 kHz ): 2-50,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- Frequency response (PCM sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz): 2-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- Harmonic distortion: 0.05% (at 1kHz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- Detachable AC power cable
- 12"W x 4-1/4"H x 13-15/16"D
- Weight: 12.8 lbs.
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in your TV's audio menu. This DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals.
What's in the Box:
- Integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC002HD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 46" USB-B to USB-A cable
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information (US)
- Warranty Information (CA)