KEF LSX Wireless Bookshelf Speakers With Wi-fi® And Bluetooth® -Pair
- Innovation is what sets kef apart. It's why we were founded, and why we've always attracted some of the world's most gifted acoustic engineers.
- The results are plain to see, in long lists of breakthroughs that no other manufacturer can match - and we have the patents and academic papers to prove it.
- Right from the start, we pioneered the use of synthetic materials for diaphragms and driver surrounds to maintain consistent sound quality across the frequency range.
- In the mid-sixties, we were the first to commercially exploit the stability of bextrene as a cone material, with a range of drivers that found their way into many leading audiophile speakers.
- A hugely important breakthrough came a few years later, when kef became the first company to use computers in loudspeaker testing and design.
- Having led the industry in the digital analysis of speaker behaviour ever since, this unrivalled capability is what still underpins kef's technological supremacy.
- The next decade saw the appearance of kef's signature technology, the uni-q point source driver array. Using nasa-developed magnets ten times more powerful than conventional materials allowed us to engineer a tweeter small enough to mount at the acoustic centre of the bass unit voice coil so that both acted as one.
- With the advent of 5:1 home theatre recordings in the nineties, kef was once again ahead of the game by applying the performance advantages of uni-q to the uk's first dedicated centre speaker, the model 100.
- Other kef firsts include the first motorised ceiling speaker and acoustic compliance enhancement technology, which achieves truly full-bodied bass performance from small enclosures.
- Kef was founded on innovation and new technology.
- We are recognised in the history of loudspeaker development as one of the most important contributors and a great deal of our research has been published at well respected professional institutions, including the audio engineering society and the institute of acoustics.
- Kef's research legacy includes contributions from some of the greatest and most respected loudspeaker designers of the last five decades.
- Today, kef are the company to beat in computer analysis of loudspeakers. The software that we use to run our analyse is also used to power eighty-five percent of the world's super computers.
- frequency response: 59-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- bi-amped design with separate Class D woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- woofer amplifier power: 70 watts
- tweeter amplifier power: 30 watts
- Uni-Q Driver Array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- individual 24-bit/192kHz DAC for each driver
- 4-1/2" magnesium/aluminium alloy woofer
- 3/4" vented aluminium dome tweeter
- remote included
- peak SPL: 102 dB
- Bluetooth® 4.2 with aptX® for high-quality audio streaming performance
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® for audio streaming from DLNA devices on your network
- precise digital signal processing controls allow optimal room integration
- free downloadable app lets you make pinpoint EQ adjustments with your Apple® or Android™ device
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear port for accurate, musical bass
- MDF enclosure with elegant curved front baffle
Connections (located on back of right-hand speaker):
- Toslink digital optical input (accepts signals up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm aux input
- 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet input for network connection
- RJ-45 port on each speaker for connecting the pair
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 6-1/8"W x 9-1/2"H x 7-1/8"D
- weight:3.49 Kg. (left speaker), 3.58 Kg. (right speaker)
- warranty: 1 year
What's in The Box:
- KEF LSX
- owner's manual
- 2 Powered wireless audio speaker
- Two 6.5' AC power cords
- 10' Ethernet cable
- Remote control (CR2032 3V battery pre-installed)
- Mazintenace Guide
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Information