ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB 3010 - Powered Subwoofer With Bluetooth® Control and Auto EQ
About the ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010
High-quality Bass Tailored to Your Room
This high-tech sub is a perfect complement to Debut 2.0 bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. Use it as part of your stereo or home theater system with confidence.
Control Everything From Your Phone
Simply download the ELAC SubEQ app and let its powerful processing customize the subwoofer's settings for your room, wirelessly via Bluetooth. You'll enjoy chest-thumping bass from the sub's 10" woofer and 10" passive radiator, while its high-octane 200-watt RMS amplifier provides plenty of horsepower for your music and movies.
Calibration Made Easy
The calibration process begins by capturing a near-field measurement of the subwoofer's bass output. Simply hold your phone or tablet within one foot of the sub and press "Analyze." The app then records what's coming out of the subwoofer, capturing sound before it's affected by its interaction with the room's reflective surfaces and other sound-muddying anomalies.
Then you'll do the same measuring process from your favorite listening position. The app's software compares the first measurement against the second, then automatically smooths out the EQ curve, delivering crisp, accurate bass to your ears. Level control and other audio adjustments are made through the app. You can even calibrate multiple SUB3010s independently in your system.
Warranty: 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Frequency response: 28-150 Hz
- High-efficiency built-in BASH® amplifier delivers 200 watts of continuous power, 400 watts dynamic power
- 10" front-firing, high-excursion woofer with doped-paper cone
- 10" down-firing passive radiator with doped-paper cone
- Easy auto EQ room calibration using the built-in microphone on Apple® or Android™ devices
- Free ELAC SubEQ app controls room equalization, auto EQ, parametric EQ, volume level, crossover frequency, phase, and listening presets
- No controls on the subwoofer requires an Apple (iOS 7.0 and up) or Android (OS 4.3 and up) device for wireless control over Bluetooth 4.0
- Calibrate multiple SUB3010s independently in your system
- Passive radiator cabinet design
- Continuously variable low-pass 50-150 Hz crossover
- LFE RCA input
- Includes spiked feet for use on carpeted floors
- Thick MDF cabinet walls with black ash vinyl finish
- Cabinet walls are internally braced for reduced resonance and improved stability
- 13-15/16"W x 14-11/16"H x 15-1/16"D
- Weight: 14.6kg lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years speaker
What's in the Box:
- Owner's Manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 9' AC power cord
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Hex-nuts
- Operating Instructions
- Auto EQ: The Elac SUB3010 powered sub and the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app are equipped with an easy-to-use and highly sophisticated Auto EQ function to automatically calibrate the EQ curve of the powered sub based on the room environment. Using the built-in microphone of your Apple iOS or Android device, the app calculates the room environment, room frequency response, and the sound reproduction of the sub. Auto room calibration is performed in two steps - first, your smartphone's microphone is placed directly in front of the powered sub for measurement; second, your smartphone is moved to your main listening position for measurement. The app will then calibrate the subwoofer based on these two measurement locations and provide visual parameters of the measured room, along with the automatically calculated EQ curve.
- Parametric EQ: You can also choose to set the powered subwoofer's EQ curve manually by adjusting the Sub Control 2.0 app's parametric EQ. The parametric equalizer gives you the ability to adjust the audio output (within the subwoofer's range) to your preference. The app will let you choose and adjust the center frequency, bandwidth, and gain.
- Low Pass Crossover: The app on your Apple iOS or Android device lets you set up the powered subwoofer's variable low-pass crossover from 50Hz to 150Hz to blend the bass output of the powered sub with the rest of the speakers in your system. If you are using a home theater AV receiver with an LFE output, you will need to set the crossover frequency to "Max" or 150Hz.
- Phase: The Phase setting (0° to 360°) of the app ensures the bass signal reproduces by the powered subwoofer blends seamlessly with the rest of your speakers. When the powered sub and the rest of your speaker system are playing in Phase, bass reproduction sounds uniform.
- Delay: The Delay parameter of the app enables you to delay the playback of the subwoofer's audio signal in comparison with the rest of your speaker system and your main listening position. The delay can be set to 1 msec (13") to 20 msec (21.5'). If you are using an AV receiver with an LFE output and its own auto-calibration function, then the receiver will set the delay time internally, so the SUB Control's Delay parameter should be set to "minimum" or 0.
- Volume Level: The volume control of the Elac Sub Control 2.0 app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device allows you to sets the subwoofer's output level relative to the output of the other speakers in your system for a well-balanced sound. You also mute and un-mute the volume of the powered sub from the app.
- Sound Presets: From the Sub Control 2.0 app on your smartphone or tablet, you can choose from 4 different sound preset modes to suit your application, need, or preference. Select Normal for most applications, select Music to add subtle emphasis to the low bass range, choose Cinema to slightly boost the bass frequencies around 50Hz, or choose Night to reduce the maximum dynamic range and volume for late night enjoyment.
200W BASH Tracking Amplifier: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3010 utilizes a BASH tracking amplifier rated at 200W RMS and 400W Peak. Unlike conventional amplifiers, BASH amplifiers track the input signal and adjust the available supply voltage to a traditional Class AB amplifier. This makes the amplifier incredibly efficient, but also provides the on-demand power needed for dynamic movies and music.
10" High Excursion Woofer & Passive Radiator: A custom front-firing, high-excursion 10" doped paper cone woofer provides the quality and quantity of bass that is fundamental to accurately reproducing today's demanding movie soundtracks and music. The Elac SUB3010 powered sub also employs a down-firing 10" passive radiator to improve the transient response and increases the efficiency of the system.
Braced MDF Cabinet: The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with an internal horizontal brace to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a textured vinyl black finish. There is a metal grill on the front to protect the front-firing woofer.
LFE/RCA Input: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3010 is fitted with a mono LFE/RCA input for connecting the powered subwoofer to your home theater AV receiver or integrated amplifier.
Auto Power On/Off: The SUB3010 powered subwoofer will detect when an audio signal is being sent to the amplifier and will power on. Also, to conserve energy, the powered subwoofer will power off after 15 minutes of no audio signal and inactivity. On the back of the powered subwoofer is an LED that will illuminate blue to indicate that the powered sub is turned on; there will be no illumination when the subwoofer is turned off or in standby mode.
Spike Feet: The Elac Debut 2.0 series SUB3010 powered sub comes with 4 spike feet. The spikes screw into the bottom of the powered sub enclosure. The spike feet work great on carpeted flooring. You should place protective discs (not included) under the spikes if you are placing the powered sub on hardwood or tile flooring (no rubber feet are included).
- Dimensions with Spikes: 13.9375" (w) x 15.5" (h) x 15.0625"
- Dimensions without Spikes: 13.9375" (w) x 14.6875" (h) x (d) 15.0625"