About the Denon HEOS SuperLink
Some folks just want one dedicated listening room, and others want the sound of music to echo throughout the house. Denon’s latest HEOS multi-room pre-amplifier and controller fills your entire home with sound. The SuperLink, designed for custom installations, acts as the central switching dispatch for Denon’s multi-room, app-controlled system. The low-profile unit, built for rack mount, connects to your home network and operates four independent HEOS zones, each with individual and fully assignable analog and digital inputs and outputs. Kayne in the kitchen? The Doors in the den? Pandora in the parlor? Beyoncé in the boudoir? You’ve got four – and more: Connect up to eight SuperLinks to one another and your home network, for up to 32 individually controllable zones all around the house! Just add your favorite amps and speakers (in-wall or stand-alone), and rock on.
- Four HEOS audio zones, with full analog and digital preamp outputs and analog and digital (fiber and coax) inputs and USB ports
- Built-in DSP high-pass/low pass filters for subwoofer/satellite setup
- Rack or shelf placement with included brackets and feet
- Easy setup and control via HEOS app for iOS and Android
- Individual control of each zone, or combine zones into a single listening area
- Handles all major sampling rates and digital music formats, including FLAC, AAC, ALAC, MP3, WMA, and DSD
- Online streaming from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn (radio), Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeart, SiriusXM, Tidal, Rhapsody (some subscriptions required) and home network servers
- Now integrated with Amazon Alexa voice control
- Weight: 4.30kg
- Size: 1.75” high by 16.9” wide by 15.1” deep
- Warranty: 1 Year
Your Whole House in One Box
With the SuperLink in control, you’ve got a world of music at your fingertips. Each unit controls four separate HEOS zones, switching from multiple wired or wireless sources and sending them to amps and speakers anywhere in the home. The simple, intuitive HEOS app, a free download via Google Play or iTunes, handles setup and control. The SuperLink is designed for custom smart-home automation installations, and is compatible with full-control platforms from Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC and ELAN. And you can chain-connect one HEOS SuperLink to another, up to eight, for a total of 32 individual zones – just rack ‘em or stack ‘em.
One for All, All for One
One of the strengths of a system such as HEOS is the ability to instantly combine or separate any number of zones, for one big house party or more intimate gatherings. Tap, drag and pinch to combine zones; spread apart to separate. Each has its own source, volume and equalization controls, settings and playlists.
Full-range or Sat-sub Speakers
The SuperLink has built-in digital signal processing, to allow various speaker configurations in every zone – high-pass and low-pass filters with adjustable crossover frequencies, to send signals to a satellite/subwoofer configuration in one location, and to full-range floorstanding speakers in another. Your house, your rules.
Inputs and Outputs Galore
Each of the four zones has its own pre-amp analog and digital outputs, a set of analog inputs a USB input for files on flash drives, plus trigger signals for turning connected equipment on and off, plus four other digital inputs (two coax, two fiber optic) and two Ethernet network connections. All inputs are nameable and assignable to any outputs.
Alexa, Get me a Pizza
The latest addition to the HEOS’ growing capabilities: Voice control via the amazing Alexa. Just add the HEOS home entertainment skill to Amazon’s intelligent assistant, and you’ll be able to add or change zones and devices, turn the volume up or down, choose your sources and play your favorites – all just by asking.
That Great Celestial Jukebox
Decades of hits and centuries of the classics are at your fingertips with HEOS’ streaming services– Spotify, Deezer, Amazon, Pandora, and all the rest. And the SuperLink effortlessly connects to and streams media files from your home network, via a server or another connected computer.
A Heritage of Excellence in audio
Unlike other home automation companies that got into sound as a side effort, Denon has built its reputation on excellence in audio, and that tradition carries over into every HEOS product. Great sound, total control, and ultimate flexibility are the hallmarks of HEOS.
- Pre out (Line In)
- THD + N: 0.003%
- S/N ratio: 105dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz: +1, -3dB
- Pre out (Optical In/Coaxial In)
- THD + N: 0.003%
- S/N ratio: 110dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 80kHz: +1, -3dB
- Digital Out
- Coaxial: 0.5Vp-p
- Optical: -15 - -21dBm
- Digital In
- Coaxial: 0.5Vp-p
- Optical: -27dBm or later
- Operating temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
- Power supply
- AC 120V, 60Hz (for North America)
- AC 220 - 240V, 50/60Hz (for Europe, UK, and Australia
- 4 HEOS zones
- Dolby Digital recording
- High resolution audio support
- ALAC: Up to and including 24bit/192kHz including 88.2, 96, and 176.4kHz
- WAV: Up to and including both 16 and 24bit/192kHz including 88.2, 96, 176.4kHz
- FLAC: Up to and including 24bit/192kHz including 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, and 176.4kHz
- DSD 2.8 and 5.6MHz
- 12V triggers outputs: 4
- USB input: 4
- Digital coax inputs: 2
- Optical inputs: 2
- Analog input: 4
- Coax outputs: 4
- Optical outputs: 4
- Ethernet port: 2
- Power consumption: 60W
- Power consumption in Deep Standby Mode: 0.3W
- Dimensions (approx.): 15 1/8" x 10 3/4" x 2"
- Weight (approx.): 4.30kg
What's in the Box:
- HEOS SuperLink Multi-Room Pre-Amplifier
- Ethernet cable
- Rack mount brackets
- Thank you note
- Quick start guide
- Safety instructions
- Extended protection plan
- Power cord