Denon HEOS 5 - Powered Tabletop Wireless Speaker with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
About the Denon HEOS 5
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with the HEOS app
Add Other Heos Speakers Throughout the House
There's also support for Pandora®, TIDAL, Amazon Prime, and SiriusXM. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream Internet radio from TuneIn or iHeartRadio. And if you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you play all your favorite albums and playlists.
Built-in Bluetooth Gives You Musical Freedom
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. And thanks to the latest firmware update, you can even use Alexa to switch inputs on HEOS enabled AV receivers and soundbars.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
- Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- The speaker must be within range of your wireless network.
- The speaker must be near an AC power outlet.
- The HEOS speaker is designed to sound best when placed 3-12" from a wall.
- Locate the speaker at least 12" from a television, computer, or other display device to avoid the possibility of interference.
- Place the speaker across the room from where you will be listening, as close to ear level as possible.
AC Power + Power Modes: The HEOS 5 (HS2) operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power supply and AC power cord (100-240V). The speaker system offers 3 power modes.
Quick Start: To save power, the speaker will automatically enter "Quick Start Mode" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Quick Start mode as it is a fully automatic function.
Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" a speaker from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Off: To completely turn off the power to the speaker you must remove the mains plug from the back of the speaker.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the HEOS 5 (HS2) via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Two tweeters and two midrange drivers powered by four Class D amplifiers
- Passive radiator reinforces bass response
- Ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequencies
- Easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- Free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Plays music stored on device
- Support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- Works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- Supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Future support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- Not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- Rear built-in carry handle
- Configure two HEOS 5 speakers for stereo playback (second speaker available separately)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive (FAT16 or FAT32 formats); music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 11-5/8"W x 8-1/4"H x 6-1/2"D
- Weight: 2.99kg.
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Network audio speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 57" DC cord)
- 58" AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 34" Proprietary minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- "HEOS Customer Service Team" Card
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure