Denon HEOS 1 HS2- Compact Powered Wireless Speaker with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
About the Denon HEOS 1
Go portable with the Go Pack
If you add Denon's optional Go Pack, the HEOS 1 becomes even more flexible. The Go Pack is a handy rechargeable battery pack that can power the speaker for six hours. It covers up the HEOS 1's inputs, transforming the speaker into a portable, splash-proof bundle you can enjoy outside.
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with the HEOS app
One reason people loved the first generation of HEOS was because setup was fast and easy. Denon hasn't changed that a bit with their latest series.
First, download the free HEOS app for your smartphone or tablet, then connect your device to the HEOS 1 using the special setup cable. With a few taps of the app, your Wi-Fi settings are automatically transferred. When you unplug the cable, you'll have full wireless control of the speaker. Repeat the same quick process to add other HEOS speakers, and you can control them all with the same app.
Add other HEOS Speakers Throughout the House
The HEOS app lets you choose one song for the HEOS 1, and something completely different for, say, a HEOS 3 speaker in a bedroom, or a HEOS HomeCinema sound bar in the living room. Or you can group HEOS speakers together and have the same tunes playing throughout several rooms. Have first-generation HEOS gear? All HEOS components are compatible, so you can mix and match.
Music Sources Galore
HEOS gives you a wide array of music options. You have access to music stored on your smartphone or tablet, plus downloads stored on a server or computer. That includes your high-resolution music files.
There's also support for Pandora®, TIDAL, Amazon Prime, and SiriusXM. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream Internet radio from TuneIn or iHeartRadio. And if you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you play all your favorite albums and playlists.
Built-in Bluetooth Gives You Musical Freedom
Want to listen to live clips from YouTube? Or maybe you have a new music service that's not yet available through the HEOS app? The latest generation of HEOS has you covered. Use Bluetooth to stream any and all audio sources from your phone or tablet through the HEOS 1, without restrictions. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other HEOS speakers.
Mounting Options: You can place the HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker almost anywhere you want to enjoy great sounding music. The compact enclosure features humidity resistance, making the HEOS 1 (HS2) ideal for listening in damp or steamy environments, such as the bathroom. The HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker can simply be placed on a table-top, or it can even be mounted on a wall or ceiling using the standard 1/4"-20 threaded insert on back of the speaker and an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). Please follow these simple guidelines when determining where to place the HEOS 1 (HS2) speaker.
- The speaker must be within range of your wireless network.
- The speaker must be near an AC power outlet.
- The HEOS speaker is designed to sound best when placed 3-12" from a wall.
- Locate the speaker at least 12" from a television, computer, or other display device to avoid the possibility of interference.
- Place the speaker across the room from where you will be listening, as close to ear level as possible.
- Note: The HEOS speaker is not waterproof. Do not place it near any water source and do not leave it outside in the rain or snow.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. And thanks to the latest firmware update, you can even use Alexa to switch inputs on HEOS enabled AV receivers and soundbars.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
- Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Google Assistant Support (via firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
Quick Start: To save power, the speaker will automatically enter "Quick Start Mode" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Quick Start Mode as it is a fully automatic function.
Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" a speaker from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Off: To completely turn off the power to the speaker you must remove the mains plug from the back of the speaker.
Optional Go Pack: The HEOS Optional Go Pack (sold separately) features a high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery that delivers 6 hours of playback time and provides a silicone splash guard to seal the jacks to protect from splashing water.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the HEOS 1 (HS2) via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Two built-in drivers (one woofer and one tweeter) powered by dual Class D amplifiers
- Ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- Humidity-resistant design (IPX4-rated splash resistant with addition of optional Denon Go Pack)
- Easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- Free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Plays music stored on device
- Support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- Works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- Supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Suture support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- Not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- Threaded insert for wall-mounting (with optional bracket)
- Configure two HEOS 1 speakers for stereo playback (second speaker available separately)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive (FAT16 or FAT32 formats); music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 5-1/16"W x 7-7/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- Weight: 1.8kg
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Network audio speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 57" DC cord)
- 2-Prong AC power plug
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 34" Proprietary minijack cable
- Bottom cap (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- "HEOS Customer Service Team" Card
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure