Denon DSW-1H HEOS Powerful Wireless Subwoofer For Entier HEOS Family Of Speakers & Bars
About the Denon DSW-1H
Add Some oomph
Wireless Powered Sub
- 2.1ch: Use the DSW-1H wireless powered sub to create a 2.1ch setup with a pair of compatible HEOS wireless powered speakers (HEOS 1 / HEOS 3 / HEOS 5 / HEOS 7), or with the HEOS Amp and a pair of loudspeakers, or with the HEOS Link and your existing stereo system.
- 3.1ch: Create a 3.1ch speaker system when you pair the DSW-1H wireless powered subwoofer with Denon's DHT-S716H active soundbar speaker.
- 5.1ch: Build a 5.1ch home theater system when you combine the DSW-1H wireless powered sub, the Denon DHT-S716H active soundbar speaker, and a pair of HEOS wireless powered speakers (HEOS 1 / HEOS 3 / HEOS 5 / HEOS 7) for the rear channels.
- Note: The DSW-1H can only be used with the above HEOS products and cannot be used with non HEOS gear.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect DSW-1H to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the DSW-1H wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the DSW-1H. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the DSW-1H via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu. A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
Audio Settings: The Denon DSW-1H wireless powered subwoofer offers audio settings for different applications and configurations - such as volume level, crossover, and phase.
- Volume Level: The subwoofer volume control can be operated from the HEOS app or from the wireless powered sub's top-panel buttons.
- Low Pass Crossover: From the HEOS app you can select factory-optimized low pass crossover points for your connected HEOS soundbar or speaker. In addition, if you have connected the DSW-1H to a HEOS Link or HEOS Amp with a set of loudspeakers you can manually adjust the low pass filter frequency from 40Hz to 250Hz.
- Phase: The Phase control, within the HEOS app, allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
- Aux Input: The Denon DSW-1H wireless powered subwoofer also has a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect an external audio source with an analog output or headphone jack.
- USB Port: The Denon DSW-1H is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumb drive (formatted in FAT 32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Mounting Options: The DSW-1H has a unique design and stylish matte black finish that looks great any practically any room and with any decor. You can place it anywhere in your room, thanks to its wireless connectivity. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally (self-adhesive feet supplied for horizontal placement). Its also compact and slim enough fit under some sofa and couches.
- Vertical Dimensions: 6.8125" (w) x 15.9375" (h) x 18.1875" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 15.9375"(w) x 6.8125" (h) x 18.1875" (d)
- Note: The DSW-1H must be within range of your wireless network.
- Network Standby: To save power, the DSW-1H will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The DSW-1H also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Network Multiroom Audio
- Denon's HEOS network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- an Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- The free HEOS app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
- Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. HEOS connects to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect your HEOS components wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of your HEOS component. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the HEOS product via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass, Treble, and Subwoofer levels.
Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the Denon DHT-S516H. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Hi-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers & receivers at once, each HEOS speaker and receiver must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported HEOS devices from the HEOS App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
Multi-Room Configuration: By combining multiple Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
Systems & Groups: The HEOS wireless multiroom sound system can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, players, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz). You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single source. The HEOS eco-system is flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 HEOS devices per Group). You can easily group 16 rooms together with Party Mode by simply using a "pinch" gesture.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
- Add-on subwoofer for Denon DHT-S716 sound bar
- Connects wirelessly for flexible placement
- Can be placed vertically or horizontally
- Dual custom 5-1/4" woofers
- High-power Class D amplification
- Tuned bass-reflex enclosure for deep bass
- Control volume, low-pass filter, and phase with the free HEOS mobile app
- Connects to AC outlet for power
- 15-15/16"W x 6-13/16"H x 18-3/16"D
- Weight: 10.10 kg.
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 40" Ethernet cable
- 34" Minijack setup cable
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Spotify information
- Warrant sheet