Denon DSB250BT Envaya™ - Waterproof Portable Bluetooth® Wireless Speaker
About the Denon DSB250 Envaya™
Tough and Tuneful
High Quality Bluetooth Audio
Built-in Mic for Conversations and More
- Passive Radiator Design: The Envaya (DSB250BT) features two 1.5625" proprietary full-range drivers paired with dual 2" x 5.3125" passive bass radiator that fit neatly into this speaker's compact design.
- Class D Amplification: The two 1.5625" proprietary full-range drivers are powered by a highly efficient 13.5-watt x 2 channel Class D amplifier for a total system power of 27 watts.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing): The powered speaker's performance is finely tuned with a range of advanced, onboard, patented signal-processing technologies that "intelligently" provide the best possible sound performance from any connected source.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Denon Envaya (DSB250BT) is equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), hands-free communication (HFP), Siri voice control, and simple secure pairing (SSP). The Envaya has a Bluetooth wireless range up to 98'.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Envaya (DSB250BT) supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming allowing you to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the speaker. Envaya is compatible with a wide range of codecs, including Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, Apple's AAC codec, and the high quality. Qualcomm aptX codec. Envaya automatically selects the optimum compatible codec for your Bluetooth device so you can enjoy the high-grade wireless sound. Qualcomm's aptX® Low Latency codec offers "CD-like" (16-bit/44kHz) audio streaming over Bluetooth, minimizing latency and "lipsync" issues (Bluetooth source device must also support aptX).
- Hands-Free Communication: Thanks to support for Bluetooth hands-free communication and a built-in microphone, the Envaya can be used as a speakerphone and answer incoming calls to your Bluetooth connected mobile phone. When receiving an incoming call, music playback will be paused and a ring tone will be heard. Simply press the "Phone" button to answer an incoming call and speak into the built-in microphone; the other party will be heard through the built-in speakers. Once the call is ended, music playback will resume. If you own an Apple iOS device with Siri, you can use voice commands to dial a phone number or saved contact.
- Siri Voice Control: If you own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with Siri, you can activate the digital voice assistant by pressing and holding the "Phone" button on the speaker and then speaking into the Envaya's built-in microphone. Siri's voice will be heard through the Envaya speaker. Use Siri to help with music playback with voice commands such as play music, skip track, pause music, turn the volume up/down, and more. You can also use Siri to help you dial a phone number or a saved contact. In addition, you can activate Siri for other tasks like weather, news, and sports updates.
- Multi-Device Pairing w/ Two-Device Connection: Out of the box and powered on for the first time, the unit will directly enter the pairing mode. Simply open the Bluetooth setup on your source device and confirm the "Envaya" pairing. If at a later stage, you want to pair another unit just press the Bluetooth button on the speaker for a second and you are ready to play. You can pair up to eight devices and keep two devices connected at a time, so you can easily switch back and forth between your Bluetooth devices (however, multiple Bluetooth devices cannot be played back at the same time).
- When Stereo Link is connected, the volume of each Envaya speaker is fixed to the maximum value. You will need to adjust the volume level on your Bluetooth source device.
- Stereo Link is disconnected when the Envaya speakers are powered off. You will need to reestablish the Stereo Link when the speakers are powered on again.
- The Stereo Link function does not support aptX playback (only SBC or AAC Bluetooth codecs).
- Note: A Bluetooth connection takes priority over the speaker's Aux input. When a Bluetooth device is playing back music, stop playback on the Bluetooth device and then connect your wired source to the speaker's Aux input. If Bluetooth playback is started while another audio source is connected to the speaker's Aux input, the Denon Envaya automatically switches over to the Bluetooth audio source.
- Note: This USB port does not support audio playback.
- Note: Envaya automatically turns off when there is no audio output from a Bluetooth source device for approximately 15 minutes and the unit is not operated during this time. If a stereo minijack cable and source is connected to the Envaya, the speaker automatically turns off automatically after 8 hours.
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX® technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- two 1-9/16" full-range drivers with a 2" x 5-5/16" passive radiator to reinforce low tones
- 27 watts total power (13.5 watts x 2 for full range drivers)
- IP67-rated waterproof and dust-proof
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls and voice commands
- Compatible with Siri voice commands when paired with an iPhone
- Stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in rechargeable battery with up to 13 hours of continuous operation
- USB charging port (charging cable included)
- Carry strap
- 8-1/4"W x 3"H x 3-1/8"D
- Weight: 0.75kg.
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 17" micro USB-to-USB cable
- Carry strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions