Denon DHT-S514 Home Theater Soundbar With Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth®
About the Denon DHT-S514
True Home Theater, the Easy way
Dial-in your Sound with Listening Modes
Enjoy music wirelessly with Bluetooth
HDMI and Other Connections for Simple Setup
Easy control with one remote
175-Watts (Peak) System Power: Both the soundbar and the subwoofer feature advanced digital audio amplification that delivers crystal clear sound along with wide dynamic range, as well as providing high energy efficiency and operational stability for long life. Featuring 175-watts (Peak) of total system power, the DHT-S514 soundbar and wireless subwoofer together deliver a true high-fidelity sound.
- Active Soundbar Speaker: The soundbar features dual 2"x5" precision drivers that reproduce the upper bass and midrange audio, delivering clear audio especially in the vocal range. There are also dual 0.5" dome tweeters that reproduce the entire treble range, with response extending to 20 kHz. The soundbar's four drivers are powered by a built-in 10W (RMS) x 2ch amplifier. The soundbar speaker features a side-firing port on opposite sides of the cabinet for greater efficiency.
- Wireless Powered Sub: The matching wireless subwoofer features dual 5.25" woofers powered by a built-in 49W (RMS) amplifier and a rear-firing port that work in tandem to deliver the authoritative deep bass found in today's movie and music soundtracks for distortion-free bass at any listening level. You can adjust the subwoofer volume independently from the system volume.
- Movie Modes: The Movie Surround Sound mode provides an expansive and enveloping soundstage. The Dialog Enhancer mode provides increased dialog clarity especially with complex movie soundtracks.
- Music Modes: Music mode delivers a dynamic and enthralling sound quality improvement with your favorite audio tracks. You can also choose to listen in pure stereo mode, with no additional acoustic enhancement.
- Night Mode: The DHT-S514 also features Night Mode which lets you enjoy high fidelity sound without annoying jumps in volume, so you can watch your favorite programs late into the night without disturbing other family members. The Night Mode can be activated in stereo mode, as well as with any of the three available custom sound modes.
- Note: Do not listen to this system and your TV's built-in speakers simultaneously. Make sure to turn of your televisions speakers. If your TV does not let you turn the speakers off, then mute the audio from the TV's speakers.
- HDMI: Many TVs come with one of the HDMI inputs equipped with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which lets you listen to audio from a source device (such as a cable or satellite box) as well as being able to listen to audio from the TV's internal tuner or from a smart TV's built-in content streaming capabilities. Simply connect the DHT-S514's HDMI ARC output to your TV with the supplied HDMI cable, and you can enjoy audio from your set-top box as well as enjoying audio from the TV. In addition, the system offers a HDMI input for directly connecting an external AV component such as your Blu-ray player or Cable/Satellite receiver. The HDMI input will output the audio signal through the soundbar and send the video signal to the soundbar's HDMI ARC jack and your connected TV.
- Optical & Coaxial: For TVs without ARC via HDMI, you can connect the DHT-S514 via one of the two available digital audio connections; both optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital audio inputs are provided. These digital inputs support 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS.
- Minijack: Additionally, Denon has included a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect the DHT-S514 to your TV without ARC or a digital output, or to a portable music player. This connection only supports 2ch PCM.
- Note: The digital optical output and HDMI ARC terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box). That's why we recommend that in addition to the HDMI ARC connection from the soundbar speaker to your TV, you should also run separate digital audio cables (optical, coaxial, or HDMI) from your satellite/cable box and Blu-ray player to the soundbar speaker for best sound performance.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon DHT-S514.
Remote Control: The DHT-S514 comes with its own remote control, and it also has the ability to work with your existing TV's remote control so you can control the soundbar and your TV with just one remote. For compatibility with the broadest range of TV types and styles, the DHT-S514 features the ability to re-transmit IR codes via the included IR repeater, which lets you properly position the soundbar in front of your TV and yet still easily control both the DHT-S514 and the TV.
Mounting Options: Denon's DHT-S514 home theater soundbar speaker system offers a variety of mounting options for the active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub.
- Soundbar Placement: The soundbar of the DHT-S514 should be placed as close as possible to the television screen. It should be centered left-to-right with the screen, and ideally no more than a few inches above or below. The most common location is below the screen. Sometimes this location can be difficult, because the base of the TV gets in the way. The DHT-S514 has two sets of feet (0.75" & 1.25" high) that raise the soundbar speaker off the shelf, for a more stable and attractive installation when used with this type of television. If you prefer wall mounting, the soundbar features built-in keyholes that let you easily mount the soundbar directly to the wall (template included).
- Subwoofer Placement: You can place the wireless powered subwoofer practically anywhere in the room; within a wireless range of 8 meters. For the best sound, place the subwoofer near a wall or corner, within 6 meters of the soundbar speaker, and on the same side of the room as the soundbar. This compact subwoofer can be placed horizontally or vertically for the widest range of installation options. Attach the supplied non-slip stickers to the subwoofer for hardwood and tile flooring. The port on the back of the subwoofer cabinet should be unobstructed.
- Brand: Denon
- Model: DHT-S514
- Model Year: 2014
- Item Weight: 8.2 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 100.6 x 7.9 x 7.9 cm
- Item model number: DHT-S514
- Additional Features: Subwoofer
- Speakers Nominal Output Power: 87.5 Watts
- Speaker Surround Sound Channel Configuration: 2.0
- Spearkers Maximum Output Power: 175 Watts
- Speaker Connectivity wireless
- Audio Wattage: 175 Watts
- Wattage: 175 Watts
- Batteries Included: No
- Batteries Required: No
- Connector Type: wireless, HDMI, Bluetooth
- Includes Rechargable Battery: No
- Includes Remote: No
- Supports Bluetooth Technology: Yes
- Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 38" AC power cord
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1187)
- CR2025 3V battery
- 39" HDMI cable
- 40" Optical digital cable
- 42" Stereo minijack cable
- 7" Female stereo minijack-to-male RCA adapter cable
- 39" IR blaster cable
- 2 Pair of soundbar feet
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber-feet (for Sub)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Setup Guide
- Mounting template
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on radio
- Warranty sheet
- Extended protection Plan offer