Bose® Freespace® DS 100F - 5-1/4" Commercial In-Ceiling Speaker
About the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 100F
Versatile Bose® Foreground Speakers for Your Business
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with appropriate foreground or background music and clear, audible announcements.
Multiple Mounting Options
Part of a customizable Bose sound solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors, and accessories that are designed to work together.
The Lineup Includes:
- A wide array of FreeSpace® speakers, subwoofers, and zone amplifiers
- In-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
- Rugged PowerShare amplifiers
- Clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
- Versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
- Robust MB subwoofers
- Indoor-only "foreground" music speaker with 5-1/4" woofer and 2-1/4" Twiddler® driver
- Voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- Designed for in-ceiling and pendant-mount applications
- Convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 12.5, 25, 50 and 100 watts
- 100-volt taps at 25, 50, and 100 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 160° conical sound dispersion
- Frequency response: 75-18,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- Sensitivity: 85dB
- 11-13/16" diameter x 8-1/4" depth
- Cutout diameter: 10-1/2"
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- Owner's Manual
- One flush-mount speaker
- Four 3/8" Phillips-head screws
- Terminal cover plate
- Installation guide
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace DS product line allows the DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
70/100 Volt: The DS 100F is rated for 100 watt RMS (400 peak) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change thumb wheel allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. The following tap settings are available:
70 V: 12.5 W, 25 W, 50 W, and 100 W
100 V: 25 W, 50 W, and 100 W
Connections: The rear of the DS 100F has three set-screw terminals for speaker wire connections that can accommodate wire from 18 AWG to 14 AWG. A screw-down protective cover plate is provided that also includes a ring for an optional safety cable attachment.
Mounting: The DS 100F includes three integrated quick-install mounting arms that swing outward when tightened, supporting the speaker against the back of the mounting surface. The speaker's metal enclosure also has three mounting points on the backside that can accommodate an optional pendant mount kit (sold separately).
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 75 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Handling: 100 W RMS/ 400 W Peak
- Nominal Dispersion: 160˚ conical
- Recommended High-pass Filter: 55 Hz high-pass
- Overload Protection: PTC/Lamp
- Sensitivity: 85 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 105 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 12.5 W, 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
- 100 V: 25 W, 50 W, 100 W
- Drivers: 2.25" Tweeter, 5.25" Woofer
- Enclosure: Polypropylene front baffle, powder-coated steel enclosure, and grill
- Connectors: Three screw terminals (70/100 V, COMM, 8Ω bypass)
- Outer Flange Diameter: 11.813"
- Mounting Depth: 7.60"
- Cutout Diameter: 10.25"
- Ceiling Thickness: 1.50"