Bose® Freespace® DS 40F - 4-1/2" Commercial In-Ceiling Speaker
OUR INNOVATIONS. YOUR EMOTIONS
About the Bose® FreeSpace® DS 40F
Flush-Mount Bose® Speakers For Your Business
Build a customizable system to fill your entire restaurant, gym, office, or similar place of business with music and clear, audible announcements.
Multiple Mounting Options
Part of a Customizable Bose Sound Solution
The Bose Professional family of products offers speakers, amplifiers, processors, and accessories that are designed to work together.
The Lineup Includes:
in-ceiling EdgeMax™ speakers for placement in corners and near walls
rugged PowerShare amplifiers
clear, reliable Panaray® full-range driver arrays
versatile ControlSpace® signal processors
robust MB subwoofers
Warranty: 5 Years
- Indoor-only 4-1/2" full-range driver for background/foreground music and customer paging
- Voiced for tonal consistency with other Bose® FreeSpace® DS components
- Convenient thumb wheel transformer tap located on speaker face
- 70-volt taps at 2.5, 5, 10, 20 and 40 watts
- 100-volt taps at 5,10, 20 and 40 watts
- 8-ohm bypass for use with standard home stereo equipment
- 125° conical sound dispersion
- Frequency response: 80-17,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- 11-13/16" diameter x 6" depth
- Cutout diameter: 10-1/2"
- Weight: 8.3 lbs.
What's in the Box:
- Owner's Manual
- One surface-mount speaker
- Four 3/8" Phillips-head screws
- Terminal cover plate
- Cardboard cutout template
- Installation guide
Shared Voicing: Shared voicing across the entire FreeSpace DS product line allows the DS 16, DS 40, and DS 100 loudspeakers to be integrated into the same system while maintaining consistent tonal quality.
70/100 Volt: The DS 40F is rated for 40 watts RMS (160 peaks) and can be used with both 70 and 100 volt systems and includes an 8Ω bypass mode as well. An easy-to-change thumb wheel allows tap settings to be made without having to remove the speaker from its mount. The following tap settings are available:
- 70 V: 2.5 W, 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, and 40 W
- 100 V: 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, and 40 W
Mounting: The DS 40F includes three integrated quick-install mounting arms that swing outward when tightened, supporting the speaker against the back of the mounting surface. The speaker's metal enclosure also has three mounting points on the backside that can accommodate an optional pendant mount kit (sold separately).
Frequency Range (-10 dB): 70 Hz - 19 kHz
Power Handling: 100 W RMS/ 400 W Peak
Nominal Dispersion: 125˚ conical
Recommended High-pass Filter: 70 Hz high-pass
Overload Protection: PTC/Resistor
Sensitivity: 87 dB SPL
Maximum SPL: 109 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (transformer bypassed)
- 70 V: 2.5 W, 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W
- 100 V: 5 W, 10 W, 20 W, 40 W
Enclosure: Polypropylene front baffle, powder-coated steel enclosure and grill
Connectors: Three screw terminals (70/100 V, COMM, 8Ω bypass)
- Outer Flange Diameter: 11.81"
- Mounting Depth: 5.53"
- Cutout Diameter: 10.30"
- Ceiling Thickness (maximum): 2.50"