- An ideal device for online music enthusiasts, the denon dnp-720ae network audio player allows you to access online audio content from any room in your house.
- This versatile player connects to your home network via wi-fi (wps enabled) or ethernet, allowing you to enjoy internet radio & online music services (such as pandora, rhapsody, & napster) remotely. It also supports itunes airplay technology, which lets you stream music wirelessly from your itunes account (via your computer) or apple mobile device.
- The denon dnp-720ae also includes a built-in am/fm tuner & front-panel usb port. And with its masterful sound engineering & denon circuits, the network audio player is capable of producing stunning sound performance.
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player offers stereo analog & digital outputs to connect to virtually any home a/v component.
- The denon dnp-720ae is equipped with dual network connection methods.
- There's an rj-45 lan (ethernet) port for direct wired connection to your home network, and there's also the built-in wi-fi feature that includes wi-fi protected setup for safe &secure connection to your wireless home network.
- When connected to the internet, the device can stream free internet radio & music from online services (such as pandora, napster, & rhapsody).
- It can also connect to your home network's own music library stored on your computer, giving you remote access to your entire music collection.
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player is fitted with a ethernet (rj-45) port for a hardwired internet connection.
Wifi (with wps):
- the denon dnp-720ae network audio player is equipped with a wlan antenna, which allows it to communicate with your home network via wifi (ieee 802.1b/g).
- Additionally, thanks to its wi-fi protected setup (wps), the dnp-720ae allows for easy & secure establishment of a wireless home network.
Note: this unit's rj-45 ethernet port supports 10base-t/100base-tx and requires an ethernet (lan) category 5 or higher cable, router, modem, and internet connection. When using a wireless lan connection, your system must feature an wireless router/access-point.
- The dnp-720ae is dlna (digital living network alliance) 1.5 & windows 7 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access & enjoy digital music stored on your pc or smartphone (like android).
- You can use your pc or smartphone to play high-bit rate music content through your audio system, or use the dnp-720ae to browse & play music files on your hard drive.
- The denon dnp-720ae lets you play music files stored on your computer via a network connection.
- Mp3, wma, aac , wav, & flac audio files stored on your computer can be played through the dnp-720ae via its wired or wireless network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the dnp-720ae's remote control.
- The receiver also supports id3-tag (ver.2) & meta tag information so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display. The denon dnp-720ae supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, & bit rates via its wired or wireless network connection.
- The denon dnp-720ae lets you access internet radio stations from around the world. Internet radio stations in mp3 & wma format are supported.
- You can choose from approximately 12,000 internet radio stations & sort them by keyword, popularity, local stations, recommended, location, or genre. You can store up to 3 internet radio stations as presets.
- The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations. This network audio player's internet radio station list is created using a free radio station database service, known as "Vtuner".
- This database service provides a list edited & created for this unit. Not available in all countries.
Online music services:
- You can listen to your favorite music through the following online music services.
- The monthly music subscription service napster is accessible. You can search for particular tracks (by artist, album, or song) on napster and register your favorite tracks to the "My napster library".
- Once the network audio player is registered with your pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and internet radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations.
- You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour.
- Rhapsody is another paid music broadcast service accessible through the network audio player. You can search for particular tracks (by artist, album, or song) on rhapsody and register your favorite tracks to "My library".
- You can also search for similar music to the music you are currently listening to.
- The favorite function allows you to register your favorite internet radio broadcast stations & computer audio files in the unit's favorite list in advance so that you can select and listen to the stations or files right away, whenever you want.
- The contents that you can register & select are internet radio stations & music files stored on your pc. You can register up to 50 items in the favorite list.
Note:When you attempt to register the 51st station or file in the favorite list, the last station or file is automatically deleted.
Party mode function:
- The same network audio (internet radio, media player, or ipod/iphone) can be played on multiple denon products equipped with the party mode function & connected to the same home network.
- The party mode consists of one organizer and up to 4 attendees. When one unit starts the party mode as the organizer, up to 4 devices on which the party mode function is activated automatically participate in the party as attendees.
- Using the player's network/internet connection, you can check for & update the latest firmware from the online denon server.
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player is compatible with itunes' airplay technology. With airplay, the device can connect wirelessly to any airplay-enabled apple device.
- This allows you to stream music wirelessly from your ipod touch, iphone, ipad, or your computer's (mac or pc) itunes library; via your wifi network.
Note: Airplay requires itunes 10.1 or later & ipod touch, iphone, or ipad with ios 4.3 or later. Wi-fi network is also required.
- The dnp-720ae network audio player is able to streaming audio from your computer's itunes account airplay technology.
- When connected to the same network as a computer running itunes, the dnp-720ae can appear as an output option in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the itunes window.
- You can then browse your itunes collection on your computer & stream music to the denon network audio player.
Note: To use the airplay feature you need a mac or windows-based pc running itunes (10.1 or later) connected to the same wireless (wifi) network.
Apple device streaming:
- Airplay also lets you wirelessly stream music and music apps stored on your ipod touch, iphone, or ipad to the denon dnp-720ae. So there's no need to dock your apple device, unless you want to charge it.
Note: The airplay feature works with ipod touch, iphone, & ipad with ios 4.3 or later - connected to the same wireless network.
Apple remote app:
- Using the apple remote app (free download from itunes) on your ipod touch, iphone, or ipad and your wireless home network, you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your itunes music library.
- You will even see the itunes music information, including your track titles & artist info on your apple device.
Front-panel usb port:
- The denon dn-p720ae is equipped with a front-panel usb (type-a) port for easy, direct connection of a usb mass storage class (msc) device, usb media transfer protocol (mtp) device, or external hdd (hard disk drive) with audio files.
- The front-panel usb (type-a) port supports playback of mp3, wma, aac, wav, & flac audio files recorded in fat 16 or fat 32 onto a usb (msc/mtp) device. You can control music playback from the network audio receiver & remote control.
- The unit also supports id3-tag (ver.2) and meta tag information so song title, artist name, album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display. The unit can recognize up to 1,000 files.
Note: Copyright-protected files cannot be played. Usb memory devices will not work via a usb hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's front-panel usb port.
- The denon dnp-720ae's front-panel usb port can be used to connect your compatible ipod or iphone for music playback.
- The dnp-720ae supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, & charging of select ipods/iphones.
- You can listen to music files from your ipod/iphone by simply connecting your ipod/iphone to the dnp-720ae's front-panel usb port, using the usb/dock cable that came with your apple ipod/iphone.
- You can choose to operate your connected ipod/iphone from the dnp-720ae's front-panel controls, remote control, or from your ipod/iphone's clickwheel or touchscreen.
- The denon dnp-720ae lets you browse by playlist, artist, album, song, podcast, genre, composer, or audiobook. It also offers play/pause, stop, skip/back, repeat, & random functions.
Music information display:
- The denon network audio player will display track #, elapsed playing time; as well as song, artist, & album name.
- You can also choose to view the music information on your ipod or iphone.
- The dnp-720a will charge your connected ipod or iphone when the network audio player is powered up.
Ipod/iphone compatibility chart:
- The denon dnp-720ae is "Made for ipod/iphone compatible" and supports the following specific ipod/iphone models (as of 9/27/2013):
Note: Apple ipod/iphone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your ipod/iphone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Denon sound technologies:
- The dnp-720ae network audio player is loaded with denon's sound technologies.
- The receiver's "Simple & straight" circuit design minimizes sound interference & helps eliminate noise & feedback, ensuring crisp &clear playback.
- The denon dnp-720ae features full digital processing, which allows for a pure signal transfer & optimum audio performance from all sources.
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player features a precise 24-bit/192-khz dac (digital-to-analog converter), which helps preserve the fidelity of your recordings.
- The result is richly textured, detailed sound reproduction that is faithful to its source.
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player is fitted with analog (stereo rca) & digital (optical) audio outputs to connect to your home av gear..
Analog audio outputs:
- The denon dnp-720ae features a set of gold-plated stereo analog rca outputs to connect your analog stereo receiver.
- The dnp-720ae features an optical digital output to connect your digital a/v receiver.
- 24-48,000 hz (fs: 96 khz) / 2-20,000 hz (fs: 44.1 khz)
- 98 db
- 110 db
- 0.003% (1 khz)
- 2vrms (100k ohms)
- The denon dnp-720ae network audio player features an am/fm tuner, giving you access to traditional radio stations. The unit offers manual, seek, and preset tuning.
- This unit can be preset with a total of 99 fm & am broadcast stations, in any combination.
- You can choose to manual preset all your fm stations, or have the dnp-720ae automatically select your presets for you.
- Am stations can only be manually preset. Preset stations can be recalled, using the unit's remote control.
Preset station naming:
- You can give each preset station a custom 8-character name.
- The deon dnp-720a comes with an external fm wire antenna (coaxial) and an am loop antenna (spring-clips).
- The dnp-720ae network audio player was designed with ease of use in mind. It has a clean, uncluttered front-panel that gives you quick access to basic playback functions & volume control.
- For more complete control, you can use the included remote control, which allows you to seamlessly switch between songs, playlists, & devices.
- The receiver also sports a convenient oel display.
3-line oel display:
- The denon network audio player features a 3-line oel (organic electroluminescence) display.
- The unit will display song information from its network, usb, and ipod/iphone connection.
Note: There is no video monitor output for on-screen display.
- The display brightness can be set to 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, or off.
Last function memory:
- This function stores the unit's settings as they were immediately before going into the standby mode.
- When the unit's power is turned back on, the settings are restored to where they were before going into the standby mode.
- This unit will automatically enter the standby mode after approximately 30 continuous minutes of stop mode with not operation.
Simple remote control:
- The denon dnp-720ae includes an ir remote control for wireless operation of the network audio player, internet radio, online music services, stored music files on your computer, a connected usb device, & a connected ipod/iphone.
Denon remote app:
- The dnp-720ae supports the denon remote app, which offers ipod touch & iphone users an additional way to control the network audio player.
- This free-to-download app from itunes allows you to operate the network audio player using your apple device's touchscreen, giving you complete control over volume, playback, & source selection.
- You can even search your source's music library using the convenient "Search-by-character" function.
Note:download the "Denon remote app" from the itunes app store for free. The network audio player needs to be connected to your network & the ipod touch, iphone, or ipad needs to be connected to the same network by wi-fi (wireless lan).
Our product research team
- you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house product research team.
- They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
- We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.