DENON AVR-X3400H 7.2 Channel Bluetooth And Wi-Fi A/V Receiver
Audio sectionDiscrete amplification:
- The denon avr-x3400h av receiver features a powerful class ab power amplifier section equipped with discrete high current power transistors.
- This discrete amplifier design delivers optimum realism and stunning dynamic range.
- By using high current, high power discrete power devices, the amplifier is able to easily drive high quality speakers.
- The av receiver's seven channel class ab amplifier is rated at 105-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20khz, with 0.08% thd, driving 2 channels).
- The avr-x3400h's seven discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- The av receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as front left/right, center, surround left/right, and surround back left/right for dolby truehd & dts-hd 7.1ch playback.
- The receiver's amplifier channels can also be configured as front left/right, front height left/right, center, and surround left/right for more front effects during 7.1ch playback.
- This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using top front or top middle speakers for dolby atmos or dts:x.
- This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using front or surround dolby atmos enabled speakers.
- You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
- The avr-x3400h's amplifier channels can be configured as front left/right, center, surround left/right, and zone 2 for dolby digital & dts 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch pcm playback in the second zone.
- A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier. Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
Quad-core 32-bit dsp:
- featuring an advanced quad-core 32-bit dsp processor, the avr-x3400h easily handles a wide variety of dolby digital & dts audio formats; including dolby atmos & dts:X (firmware updated required).
- The dsp chip features tremendous processing power with four 300-mhz dsp cores that can process over 1 billion computations per second.
- For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the avr-x3400h features advanced reference-class 32-bit akm d/a converters on all channels.
- This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Compatible digital audio formats:
- The av receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its hdmi jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
- Immersive surround sound: the denon avr-x3400h av receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like dolby atmos or dolby surround and dts:x or dts neural:x.
- Dolby atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space.
- Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the avr-x3400h that lets you to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 dolby atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
- Dolby surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or dolby atmos speaker setup.
- Dolby surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies.
- As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct.
- It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "Sweet spot".
- The latest immersive surround sound system, dts:x features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3d acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience.
- Along with dts:x decoding, the avr-x3400h features dts-hd master audio decoding and other dts audio technologies.
- Further, dts:x incorporates neural:x, the latest spatial remapping technology from dts, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes dts bitstreams and non-encoded (pcm) data. Neural:x delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- The avr-x3400h features the audyssey platinum suite of powerful dsp features - including multeq xt32, sub eq ht, lfc (low frequency containment), dynamic volume, and dynamic eq.
- Via the supplied measuring microphone, audyssey multeq32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision dsp room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers.
- Audyssey multeq32 incorporates more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. Multeq xt32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - reference (default and recommended, l/r bypass, flat, and off).
Sub eq ht:
- Audyssey sub eq ht provides individual dsp tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
Lfc (low frequency containment):
- audyssey low frequency containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Audyssey dynamic volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Audyssey dynamic eq also features advanced dsp processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels.
- Dynamic eq reference level offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 db, 10 db, and 15 db) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
- You can choose between a variety of denon original listening modes or a two direct modes.
Denon original listening modes:
- Denon's original listening modes, combined with dolby digital/dts processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup.
- Choose between rock arena, jazz club, matrix, video game, mono movie, multichannel stereo, or virtual (surround from only front speakers or headphones).
Direct listening modes:
- The denon avr-x3400h offers two direct listening modes which bypass the receiver's tone & dsp processing for higher sound quality performance.
- Direct mode provides playback of 2ch or multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure direct mode goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noised being added to the audio signal.
- The denon avr-x3400h receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
Cinema eq (cinema equalizer):
- The cinema eq function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks.
- Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the dolby digital & dts modes.
Compressed audio restorer:
- Compressed audio formats such as mp3, wma (windows media audio), and mpeg-4 aac reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear.
- The restorer function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression.
- It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
Dynamic range compression (drc):
- Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds).
- For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. Drc works when playing program sources recorded in dolby digital or dts.
- The receiver's audio output can be set to simulate the acoustics of a small, medium small, medium (default), medium large, or large room environment. This setting is not an indication of the actual size of your listening area.
- The avr-x3400h provides the following level adjustments.
- This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input.
- Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12db.
- You can adjust the output level (+/-12db) to increase the dialogue output from the center channel.
- You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12db) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
- The avr-x3400h offers the following volume settings.
- You can choose to display an absolute volume scale (0-98) or relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18db).
- You can set a maximum volume level of 0, -10, or -20 db to limit the receiver's total volume output.
Power on level:
- You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18db, or last).
- You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40db or -20db below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
- The denon av receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 7.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
Color-coded speaker terminals:
- The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual).
- The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm.
- The av receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the avr-x3400h's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- The av receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (front l/r, center, surround l/r, surround back l/r, and dual subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable.
- For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the avr-x3400h features two discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system.
- When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
- Hdmi 2.0b:
- Featuring eight hdmi inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and three hdmi outputs, the avr-x3400h incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest hdmi 2.0b specification, including support for 4k/60 hz ultra-hd video, bt.2020 wide color gamut, high dynamic range (hdr), 4:4:4 pure color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3d content. The avr-x3400h also features hdcp 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4k ultra hd copy-protected content.
- The avr-x3400h supports up to 4k (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its hdmi inputs and output (pass-through only).
- It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via hdmi.
- All of the receiver's hdmi jacks support hdcp 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4k video transmission.
4:4:4 color subsampling:
- All of the receiver's rear-panel hdmi jacks support rgb, ycbcr 4:4:4, ycbcr 4:2:2, and ycbcr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60hz or 50hz).
- With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an rgb color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- The front-panel hdmi only supports 4k 60/50hz using format ycbcr 4:2:0 only.
Wide color gamut (bt.2020):
- The bt.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for hdtvs and early generation 4k ultra hdtvs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 aspect ratio by supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the cinema scope format on your tv for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
- Hdr provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
- Hdr reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports hdr 10, dolby vision, and hlg.
- Hdr 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular hdr format on the market.
- It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your tv that the video content is encoded using hdr.
- Hlg (hybrid-log gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with sdr.
- Hlg's native compatibility allows much of today's existing sdr infrastructure to be re-used for hdr in the future.
- Unlike hdr 10 which contains static metadata and hlg which uses no metadata, dolby vision utilizes dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene.
- Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your tv's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits.
4k video upconversion & upscaling:
- The denon av receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4k ultra hd (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (hdmi) video sources to the avr-x3400h and then connect to your tv with just a single hdmi cable. Only the receiver's main hdmi output supports video upconversion.
Note: when composite or component video signals are used, only 480i video signals are converted to hdmi (up to 4k).
Three hdmi outputs:
- The two parallel hdmi outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the discrete hdmi output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone (zone 2).
Other hdmi features:
- The denon avr-x3400h av receiver's hdmi connectivity also offers 3d video pass-through, arc (audio return channel), deep color & x.V.Color support, as well as an
- 3d ready the avr-x3400h av receiver supports 3d video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3d-compatible blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3d-compatible hdtvs (all 3d components must be connected via hdmi). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3d content.
Arc (audio return channel):
- This feature of the avr-x3400h's hdmi monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible hdtv to the receiver through the same hdmi cable already being used to send audio and video to your hdtv.
- This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Deep color & x.V.Color support:
- The av receiver supports deep color and x.V.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes.
- The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the lipsync function automatically.
- When connected to a tv via hdmi the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the tv supports an automatic lipsync function.
- You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Note: the receiver will support earc (enhanced audio return channel) via a firmware update (no eta yet). Earc will support uncomprerssed audio formats like dolby truehd, dolby atmos, dts:x, & dts hd master audio - where standard arc was limited to dolby digital, dolby digital plus, dts, dts hd, and pcm.
Hdmi standby pass-through:
- When the av receiver is in "Standby" mode and the hdmi standby pass-through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers hdmi input will be output to your television, via the av receiver's hdmi monitor output.
- Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your tv and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- Selects the hdmi input for which the hdmi standby pass-through function is enabled.
- the hdmi standby-through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the av receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- the hdmi standby pass-through function is disabled.
- The receiver features three composite video inputs (480i only), two component video inputs (up to 1080p), and one component video output (up to 1080p).
- The composite video inputs are output to your television via the receiver's hdmi monitor output (there is no composite video output).
- The component video inputs can be output to your tv via the receiver's component monitor output or a 480i component video signal can be output via the main hdmi monitor output.
Video select function:
- This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected tv during audio playback from tuner or heos music apps.
- You can set the video processing method to match the type of video content. Choose from movie, game, auto, or bypass.
Advanced isfccc video calibration:
- The avr-x3400h is certified by the imaging science foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced isfccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected hdtv, even if it's not an isf certified set.
- You can choose from a variety of picture modes - standard, movie, vivid, streaming, isf day, isf night, custom, or off.
- The custom mode lets you manually adjust contrast, brightness, saturation, noise reduction, and enhancer (sharpness).
Network & tuner functions
Wired or wireless network connection:
- The denon avr-x3400h receiver is fitted with a rj-45 ethernet (lan) port to connect the receiver to your home network.
- The unit also offers built-in wifi (ieee 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5ghz) for a wireless network connection; wps, wep, wpa-psk (tkip), wpa-psk (aes), wpa2-psk (aes) security protection is supported.
- Either network connection gives the receiver access to heos music apps (like pandora, spotify, tidal, etc), tunein, your music library on your apple ios or android device, as well as music content on your windows pc or dlna music server.
- Wireless network setup can be done via wps button, access point scan, manual setting, pin code, or even through your apple ios device (5.0+).
Note: network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your tv via hdmi for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
Tunein internet radio:
- The denon avr-x3400h includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in tunein online music service.
- Simply select tunein from the receiver's on-screen menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
- If you subscribe to spotify premium and have the spotify app on your apple ios or android mobile device, you can stream spotify to the denon av receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting).
- Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends.
- You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Heos music apps:
- With built-in heos technology and the heos app on your apple ios 7.0+ or android os 4.0 devices, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services, plus the music library of your mobile device through the denon av receiver.
Online music services:
- Using the heos app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like pandora, iheart radio, siriusxm, tidal, napster, tunein, and amazon music.
- The heos app on your apple ios or android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with album art.
- You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
Mobile device streaming:
- Using the heos app on your apple ios or android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the denon av receiver.
- You'll be able to browse your music library by artist, album, genre, and song; control music playback functions like play/pause and previous/next track; and view song/artist info with album art from the app on your compatible mobile device.
- You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
Notes: Prior to using the heos system, you'll need to setup up your free heos account. Your heos account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and heos playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your heos user name and password. Instantly all your music services and heos playlists are available in the new controller too.
If you prefer, heos supports multiple accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized pandora, spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Dlna 1.5 certified:
- The avr-x3400h is dlna (digital living network alliance) 1.5 and windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (jpeg) stored on your windows pc.
- You can use your pc to play high-bit rate music content through the a/v receiver and view still-images on your connected tv, or use the avr-x3400h's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive.
- The receiver also supports id3-tag (ver.2) and meta tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display album art on a connected television.
- The denon avr-x3400h supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
Note: your computer must meet the following system requirements - windows media player network sharing service or windows media drm10. Album art is only displayed when using windows media player (ver.11/12).
- The denon av receiver features a built-in am/fm tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning.
- You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
- Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online denon server. Visit denon's support site for more details.
Zone 2 (line-level & speaker-level):
- Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via rca line-level output or speaker-level output.
- When using the avr-x3400h to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your zone 2 speakers; the main zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel.
- The volume of zone 2 can be controlled by the denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Hdmi audio (2ch pcm only)
- Optical/coaxial digital inputs (2ch pcm only)
- Analog audio inputs
- Am/fm tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone)
- Usb & bluetooth
- Network sources (airplay, tunein internet radio, spotify connect, heos music apps, & dlna); the same network source is played in zone 1 and zone 2
- Incompatible sources:
- Hdmi & analog video
- Dsd audio files
Note: unfortunately, you cannot select usb, bluetooth and network sources exclusively for each zone. For example, if you select a network source for zone 2 when a usb source is selected for the main zone, the input source in the main zone also switches to the same network source as zone 2.
Hdmi zone 2:
- The avr-x3400h also incorporates multi-zone hdmi audio/video distribution for zone 2 with the inclusion of its hdmi matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different hdmi video feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver.
- Hdmi zone 2 also supports 2ch pcm audio from the hdmi input source selected. The hdmi zone 2 function is only compatible with the hdmi 1-7 input connectors.
- It is not compatible with the hdmi 8 input connector or any other input source.
- Volume of hdmi zone 2 is controlled from the tv or additional receiver in zone 2.
Note: if the receiver's main zone and hdmi zone 2 are set to the same hdmi input source, the main zone audio will be mixed down to 2-channel audio.
All zone stereo function: the all zone stereo function allows you to enjoy the av receiver's main zone audio source in zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog, digital, or wireless). During the all zone stereo mode, only the "Multi ch stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All zone stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
Heos wireless multiroom audio:
- Built-in heos technology enables the avr-x3400h to become part of the heos by denon wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the heos app on your compatible apple ios or android mobile device over a wireless wifi network connection.
- The heos system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple heos devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192khz hi-res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing.
- You can play the same audio source (other than your connected tv) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- The heos wireless multi-room sound system by denon can support up to 32 heos speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (ieee 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5ghz).
- The following sources can be distributed through the heos multi-room audio system - receiver's analog, hdmi, & optical/coax digital inputs; built-in am/fm tuner and tunein internet radio, heos music apps & spotify connect; windows pc & dlna music servers; bluetooth & usb audio; plus music libraries stored on your apple ios or android mobile device.
- Heos wireless multiroom audio does not support airplay.
- You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker.
- The heos app is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per group).
- You can easily group 16 rooms together into party mode by using a "Pinch" gesture.
Note: the denon av receiver only supports a single heos music stream. If you desire a second heos music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the heos link to one of the av receiver's analog inputs.
Hdmi monitor 2:
- The receiver's second hdmi monitor output lets you send the same hdmi audio/video input signal that is being played in the main zone to a second zone (video is output at the resolution supported by both tvs).
Front-panel usb port:
- This av receiver is equipped with a front-panel usb (type-a) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a usb mass storage class memory device; such as a usb thumbdrive or portable digital audio player.
- Compatible usb storage devices must be formatted in fat 16 or fat32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files.
- You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via hdmi) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected usb memory device.
- Song/artist information will display on your hdmi-connected tv and the receivers front-panel display. Usb portable audio devices that can be charged via usb will be charged when plugged into the av receiver's usb port (5v/1a); even in standby mode.
Note: the receiver's usb port is not compatible with apple ipod/iphone/ipad or android smartphones & tablets.
- Airplay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your apple ios (4.3.3+) device or from your itunes (10.2.2+) library on your windows pc or mac computer to the av receiver, over your home's wireless network connection.
- From your apple ios device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your icloud to the av receiver.
- From your windows or mac you can stream your stored itunes music library on your computer to the av receiver; you can even download apple's free remote app onto your compatible ios device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your itunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the av receiver.
- With airplay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via hdmi).
- The denon avr-x3400h features built-in bluetooth (version 3.0+edr) with a 98' wireless range for music streaming (a2dp 1.2) and control (avrcp 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, and more to the denon av receiver.
- You will also be able to control basic playback functions (play/pause & previous/next track) using the receiver's remote.
- Advanced music operation and song/artist/album info will still be done from your bluetooth source device. Up to eight bluetooth devices can be paired the avr-x3400h, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
Note: due to the differences in bluetooth technology, some bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the denon av receiver.
Remote & app control
AVR remote app:
- The new denon avr remote app lets you control the denon av receiver using your apple (ios 7.0) or android (os 4.0+) device.
- From this free app on your compatible apple ios or android device, you'll be able to control the denon av receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings.
- You'll also be able to control separate zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the av receiver's network and internet content from the app.
- In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a denon blu-ray player.
Landscape orientation control screen:
- with a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to drag & drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play now", "Play next", "Play next and replace queue" or "Add to end of queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Denon blu-ray player control: the app allows control over denon blu-ray (dbt-xx13 series) that are connected to the av receiver via hdmi.
Note: this av receiver is not compatible with last year's older denon remote app.
- you'll need to download the heos app onto your apple ios 7.0+ or android os 4.0 device to enjoy heos functionality on the avr-x3400h receiver.
- Using your mobile device and the heos app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control heos system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home.
- Your compatible apple ios or android device must be connected to the same home wireless (wifi) network as the av receiver and your entire heos system. The heos app consists of 4 control screens.
- The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more heos speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- From the app on your apple ios or android device, you can select which rooms you want playing.
- You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like pandora, spotify, tunein, tidal, etc.; your music library on your apple ios or android device, windows pc/dlna server, or usb thumbdrive; and analog, digital, and hdmi inputs; as well as bluetooth on the heos avr.
- You can also select music from playlists you've created, favorites you've saved, and your recent listening history.
- The "Now playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with album art.
- You also get basic playback controls like play/pause and previous/next track, plus volume controls up/down and mute.
- In addition the "Now play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa compatible (via firmware update):
- through a network firmware update, heos and amazon alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio.
- In addition to controlling your heos components with the heos app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with amazon alexa voice technology and an amazon alexa device (including the amazon echo, echo dot, tap and echo show - all sold separately).
- Voice control features include Alex voice commands include volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); playback (play, pause, stop, next, previous, resume); and power on/off. The heos bar and heos avr even support hdmi switching (1-4) through alexa voice command.
- You can group your heos-enabled devices using the heos app with an alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one heos-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the heos app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from heos & alexa compatible music apps - like amazon music, pandora, tunein, iheartradio, spotify connect, & siriusxm.
- For a list of current alexa voice commands supported by the heos homeentertainment skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: you will need an alexa-enabled device (amazon echo, echo dot, tap, or echo show - all sold separately) to operate your heos products via voice-command. Youre heos components and the alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Multeq editor app:
- Download the multeq editor app onto your apple ios 8.0+ or android os 4.0+ devices for further sound customization and detailed tuning to more precisely tailor the sound to your room and personal preferences.
- This app lets you view the speaker detection results to check correct installation, view before and after results of the audyssey calibration making it easy to identify room problems, edit the audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes, adjust the eq frequency adjustment range for each channel pair, switch between 2 high frequency roll-off target curves, enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother, as well as save and load calibration results.
- The denon avr-x3400h comes with an ir remote for wireless operation of the av receiver. The avr-x3400h's can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via hdmi which support hdmi control.
- The receiver can even be controlled by your hdmi connected smart tv.
- When you make an hdmi connection with a tv or blu-ray player compatible with the avr-x3400h's hdmi control function, you can perform the operations from the avr-x3400h's remote control; power off, switching of audio output devices, switching of audio input devices, volume adjustment, and playback functions.
Smart tv control:
- When you connect the avr-x3400h to your smart tv, you have the option of controlling the avr-x3400h via the tv's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode.
- The receiver and your tv must be connected via hdmi with the hdmi-cec function activated on both components.
- The avr-x3400h is part of denon's in-command series line-up of receiver, which is denon's certification to custom installers that the receiver has advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems.
- These features include ip control, a rs232c jack for use with whole house control systems, remote in/out ir command control, and a 12v trigger output.
- Port for connection to external whole-house control systems, from companies such as amx, crestron, etc.
- Minijack input and output jacks for use with an optional ir repeater system (sold separately).
12v trigger output:
- The avr-x3400h has a single minijack output to send a 12-volt dc turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12v trigger, such as a power amplifier in zone 2.
- The conditions under which the trigger output activates is programmable.
- The receiver can be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via ip control, either via wired lan connection or wi-fi, and also features control4 sddp (simple device detection protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with control4 home automation equipment.
Osd w/ setup assistant (via hdmi):
- With denon's on-screen menu and setup assistant, you can connect, configure, and use your home theater system with ease.
- The osd and setup assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that optimizes critical system settings for your particular home theater setup.
- The on-screen menu and setup assistant can be output to your tv via hdmi only.
- If you connect the receiver to your television via only composite or component video, you will need to use the av receiver's front-panel display for menu and source adjustments.
Notes : Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your tv via hdmi for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
The video being played will not appear in the background of the menu when the menu is operated during playback of 4k or 3d video, or if the video aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 4:3.
- On the avr-x3400h's front-panel and remote control, you'll find four quick select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources.
- With quick select, the avr-x3400h remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Input name & delete:
- You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Sleep timer + auto standby:
- The denon av receiver features a programmable sleep timer and auto standby function.
- The sleep timer allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes).
- Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
- This receiver is equipped with an eco mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, eco mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Personal memory plus:
- For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, hdmi output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled.
- The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
- This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs.
- In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Personal memory plus:
- For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, hdmi output mode, audio delay, etc.
- When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled.
- The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
- This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs.
- In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Our product research team
- At crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house product research team.
- They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
- We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.