YAMAHA YAS-207 Powered Sound Bar With 4K/HDR Video Passthrough And DTS Virtual:X
2ch Active Soundbar Speaker:
- The Yamaha YAS-207's active soundbar speaker features a 2ch driver configuration with one 1" dome tweeter and two 1.75" mid-woofers for each of the left & right channels.
- The YAS-207's soundbar utilizes a 50 watt x 2 channel amp to power the enclosed drivers.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer:
- The Yamaha YAS-207 includes a wireless powered subwoofer that features a side-firing 6.25" woofer and 100 watt amplifier for dynamic bass response. A front-firing port aids in deeper, bigger bass response.
- Since the powered sub is wireless, you don't have to connect a cable between the soundbar and the sub (you still will need to plug the sub's AC power cord into a wall). The powered sub's wireless range is 33'.
- Clear Voice raises the level of dialog and narrations while maintaining overall sound quality. Movies and TV shows, sports commentary and news broadcasts are more clearly audible.
- Yamaha's exclusive Bass Extension technology boosts the bass from the wireless powered sub to produce a bigger, fuller sound.
- You an also adjust the wireless powered subwoofer's volume level independently from the system's overall volume.
Compressed Music Enhancer:
- The Compressed Music Enhancer restores frequency response lost during digital compression, so your music sounds the way it should.
- Optimized for Bluetooth audio transmission, you'll enjoy vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
- When a compressed source is played, the Compressed Music Enhancer engages automatically.
Dolby Digital & DTS Compatible:
- The Yamaha YAS-207 soundbar decodes 2ch PCM, multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital, & DTS audio signals.
- You can listen to these audio formats in Virtual Surround mode or 2ch Stereo mode.
- The 2ch Stereo mode is ideal for music, while the Virtual Surround mode provides a much more immersive soundfield for movies.
- From Yamaha's Home Theater Control App on your Apple iOS or Android device you select between different surround modes - TV Program, Stereo, Movie, Music, Sports, & Game.
- X Ready + 3D Surround Mode (via firmware update - available now): DTS Virtual:X compatibility & a 3D Surround playback mode will be available through a firmware update (due August 2017).
- Once the firmware update is complete, surround sound can be heard not only from horizontal directions, but also from varying heights when DTS Virtual:X is used.
- X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 5.1ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
Note: The firmware update can be accessed from Yamaha's website (click here) and downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive which will need to be inserted into YAS-207's USB port for update.
- The Yamaha YAS-207 is outfitted with one HDMI 2.0a input and one HDMI ARC 2.0a output that support the latest HDMI 2.0a standards; such as 4K/60Hz, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color subsampling, & HDR (High Dynamic Range) for full support of today's 4K content from Ultra HD Blu-ray & online video services (like Amazon & Netflix).
- The YAS-207 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second through its HDMI input and output.
- It also supports a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signal.
- The HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
HDR 10 (High Dynamic Range):
- The YAS-207 supports HDR 10. High Dynamic Range video provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image.
- HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast.
- This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
4:4:4 Color Subsampling:
- In addition, the HDMI input and output support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz).
- With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Deep Color & x.v.Color:
- The soundbar's HDMI jacks support Deep Color & x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes.
- The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- The YAS-207 soundbar supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
ARC (Audio Return Channel):
- This feature of the YAS-207's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV.
- This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: Because with many televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray player or Satellite/Cable box to the Yamaha soundbar directly; and then connect the YAS-207's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs:
- The YAS-207 is outfitted with both analog & digital audio inputs to connect to your TV.
- There is one optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2Ch PCM, 5.1ch Dolby Digital, and 5.1ch DTS audio signals (up to 24-bit/32-48kHz).
- There is also one stereo minijack (3.5mm) audio input for televisions without an optical digital out.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Music Streaming:
- The Yamaha YAS-207 soundbar speaker system supports Bluetooth (v.4.1+EDR) A2DP wireless audio streaming (up to 33').
- This allows you to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/table, Windows Phone/PC, or Mac computer/laptop to the YAS-207 soundbar speaker.
- You will continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button.
- If a Bluetooth device has been paired before, the unit will connect to the last paired device when the soundbar's Bluetooth source button is pressed.
- You will need to terminate this connection to pair a new device.
SBC + AAC Codecs:
- In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Yamaha soundbar speaker offers support of AAC.
- By supporting AAC, the YAS-207 soundbar offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- The Bluetooth Standby function allows you to turn On or Off the soundbar automatically, linked with the operation of a Bluetooth device.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Yamaha YAS-207.
- The YAS-207 comes with a sleek, easy-to-use IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker.
- Also, if your TV supports HDMI CEC and you use HDMI connectivity, it is possible to adjust the volume of the sound bar using your TV's remote to simplify day-to-day operation.
Note: This soundbar does not allow you to program your TV remote to operate the speaker, but does offer HDMI control through your compatible TV's remote.Home Theater Controller App (for iOS & Android):
- The YAS-207 is compatible with Yamaha's Home Theater Control App (HT Controller) for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.0+ devices.
- This remote app makes it easy to control the soundbar from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device via a Bluetooth connection.
- Its intuitive and easy-to-see operating screen uses icons that let you easily perform a variety of operations; including Input, Volume, Audio settings, and Surround modes.
- Surround modes include TV Program, Stereo, Movie, Music, Sports, & Game.
- Due to its slim profile, the soundbar fits in front of most flat-panel TVs without blocking the screen.
- If you prefer to wall-mount the speaker, the YAS-207 offers built-in keyhole slots (spaced 18" apart).
- Position the wireless powered subwoofer to the left or right of the center of the soundbar (wireless signal transmits up to 33'), and angle it slightly toward the center of the room to prevent sound from reflecting off walls.
- The active soundbar & wireless powered sub each come with a detachable 6' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into an AC outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
- The soundbar will automatically turn off when there is no operation for 8 hours, or not audio input and no operation for 20 minutes.