Yamaha RX-V685 7.2-Ch 4K Network AV Receiver With Polk Audio RTI A5 Tower Speakers Pair
Feature of Yamaha RX-V685
- The yamaha rx-v685 av receiver features fully discrete power amplifiers to minimize distortion and adopts independent pure power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry.
- The rx-v685's 7-channel amplifier section is rated at 90 watts (into 8ω, at 20-20khz, with 0.09% thd, driving 2 channels).
- The receiver also houses four ultra-high performance 384khz/32-bit burr-brown dacs with independent power supplies.
- These high-quality dacs support in reproducing audio for high resolution sound sources without noise. Moreover, a new high sound quality ic is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration.
- Down to every detail, the yamaha av receiver is designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
- Intelligent amp assignment automatically assigns amplifier channels of the yamaha av receiver to certain speakers depending on what speaker layout has been selected and what content is being played back.
- You can connect up to nine speakers to the av receiver and it will determine which seven speakers need amplification.
- You can choose from a variety of amplifier speaker layout configurations.
- In this configuration, up to nine speakers (front l/r, front presence l/r, center, surround l/r, & surround back l/r) can be connected to the av receiver.
- When cinema dsp 3d is on or a dolby atmos soundtrack is being played, the two front presence or dolby atmos speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers.
- When cinema dsp 3d is off or dolby atmos is not playing, this situation is reversed and the front presence or dolby atmos speakers turn off while the surround back speakers are powered.
- Bi-amp and zone 2 speakers are not available in this mode.
- In this setup, you can hook up a 5.1.2ch dolby atmos speaker system in the main room and a pair of speakers in zone 2 to the receiver.
- When zone 2 is off, all seven channels of your dolby atmos speaker system will be powered.
- However, when zone 2 is turned on, power to the front height, overhead, or dolby atmos speakers will be cut off and directed to the pair of speakers in zone; limiting you to only 5.1ch surround in the main room.
- Bi-amp & surround back speakers are not available in this setup.
- In this configuration, up to nine speakers (front l/r, center, surround l/r, surround back l/r, and zone 2) can be connected to the av receiver.
- When zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the main zone.
- However, when zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back channels will be directed to the two speakers in zone 2 and the main zone will receive five channels of power.
- The same or different analog input sources/volume settings can be applied to both zones.
- Bi-amp, front presence, & dolby atmos speakers are not available in this mode.
- Up to five speakers (front l/r, center, & surround l/r) can be connected to the av receiver.
- The surround back amplifier channels of the av receiver are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers.
- A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker.
- One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section.
- With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- Zone 2, front presence, & dolby atmos speakers are not available in this mode.
Feature Of Polk Audio RTi A5
Driver TechnologyDynamic Balance:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- The speaker features two 6.5" polymer composite woofers.
- Two 6.5" woofers have the surface area of a single large woofer with the low mass and acceleration of small woofers, resulting in tighter, more accurate bass response.
- Each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround.
- The speaker has a single 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter that provides clear, detailed highs.
- The tweeter features mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers to extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- The also tweeter features low viscosity ferro-fluid cooling with a heat sink on the Neodymium magnet for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability.
- The speakers are magnetically shielded, allowing you to place them near your television without distorting the picture.
Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate (DAHLI) Cabinet Design:
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures a resonance-free enclosure for accurate sound.
- The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system.
- The elegant styling aside, curved cabinets not only result in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances.
- The speaker has a rear-firing Power Port venting system built into its back plate for precise deep bass response.
- This venting system allows air velocity to slow gradually, vastly reducing air turbulence, and delivering greater bass efficiency than conventional ports.
- Internal cabinet resonance can impart a "thick" character to voices. Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control port system overcomes this problem.
- In addition to the Power Port venting system, each speaker has a front-firing port that is tuned to suppress the internal cabinet resonance, resulting in smooth, natural midrange reproduction.
- The floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- The speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers. Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
- The adjustable leveling spike feet that can be screwed onto the bottom of the speaker's attached base provide stability on any type of flooring. The spike feet adds approximately 0.875" to the speaker's overall height when screwed all the way in.
- The overall frequency response is 30Hz-27kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 40-26kHz.
- The main body of the speaker is 8.375" wide but the speakers attached feet extend beyond each side of the speaker, giving the speaker and overall width of 10.5625".