Q Acoustics Concept 500 Floorstanding Speaker Pair- Black
About Q Acoustics:
- Q Acoustics is a multi-award winning hi-fi brand, which was founded by experts in the audio industry with the sole aim of developing a highly successful loudspeaker brand.
- It has been 10 years since Q Acoustics was founded, and in every year since we have continued to drive innovation and develop multi-award winning products.
Q Acoustics Story
- Q Acoustics is not like most other loudspeaker companies.
- Q Acoustics is a young brand. No heritage. No tradition. No old black and white photographs. We believe that to be the secret of our success.
- Q Acoustics was established in 2006; but not by a wealthy music lover, hobbyist designer or retired rock musician.
- No. Q Acoustics was founded by professional engineers and businessmen whose sole aim was to develop a highly successful best in class loudspeaker brand based on outstanding audio performance.
- It’s that simple, a completely focussed understanding of acoustic engineering and inspirational design has driven our remarkable success.
- We recognised that the only way Q Acoustics could possibly enjoy commercial success was to design and produce loudspeaker products that were, without question, superior to their similarly priced competitors.
- So, with that aim in mind, for the last ten years with have enabled audiophiles around the world to enjoy Q Acoustics for its innovative and high performance loudspeakers.
- Designed to appeal to discerning audiophiles, the Concept 500 achieves a perfect balance between art and science.
- It is a loudspeaker that is at once, stylish, contemporary, fine-sounding and astonishingly accurate.
- It couples low directivity with wide bandwidth, good sensitivity and sensible impedance.
- This makes the new Concept 500 both room-friendly and an easy load to drive, allowing amplifiers to deliver their best performance.
- To create a stereo soundstage which gives as good an impression of width, depth and height as that found in a live performance requires high quality drive units, a well designed crossover and an accurately constructed cabinet.
- To achieve this, Q Acoustics formed a truly talented team with many years of experience in the design, engineering and manufacture of world-class loudspeakers.
- A combination that resulted in a state-of-the-art loudspeaker worthy of any high-end system.
- Great care has been taken in both the design of the crossover and the selection of high grade components, to introduce virtually zero noise and distortion.
- The 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley topology which gives an excellent response both on and off-axis.
High Frequency Driver:
- Mechanically decoupled mounting which effectively isolates the HF driver and speaker cabinet from reciprocal vibrations that would otherwise be transmitted between them.
- A method, known as P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing, supports the parts of the cabinet that need to be stiffened to deal with low frequency panel vibrations.
- The Mid/Bass voice coil has an uncommonly large diameter of 35mm which allows increased ‘shove’ and higher power handling - as well as reducing compression.
- Constructed in three separate layers and filled under pressure with a non-setting gel, this damps the cabinet walls and converts higher frequency vibrations into heat.
- Tall loudspeakers tend to suffer from resonances caused by unwanted pressure gradients. Specially designed Helmholtz Pressure Equalisers (HPE™) balance out these pressure irregularities.
Terminals and Rear:
- Access Panel - The rear access panel has been constructed to maintain the integrity of the Dual Gelcore™ cabinet.
- The Concept 500 is equipped for bi-wiring or bi-amping with terminals which can accept bare wires, spades or 4 mm banana plugs.
- The cast aluminium base of the Concept 500 is designed without large flat areas or additional adornments to discourage unwanted acoustic reflections.
- The resulting elegant design is underpinned with a choice of carefully engineered feet to immovably couple the loudspeaker to any surface.
- Concept 500 is the embodiment of elegant design, compatible with a contemporary living space and not specific to any particular style of interior.
- The appearance has been pared-back to be as clean looking as possible, with rear-mounted mid / bass drivers keeping the baffle uncluttered and embedded magnets securing the grille so no fixings are visible.
- Gloss black or gloss white finishes have each been combined with Italian realwood veneer, chosen for its consistency in colour and pattern.
- The veneer is used sparingly in a subtle strip to create
- a cabinet that is visually light and clean.
- The white gloss finish has been attractively paired with pale oak and the black gloss with deep rosewood.
- Multiple coats of lacquer have then been added to give a deep piano gloss finish.