Q Acoustics Concept 40 Tower Speakers-Pair
About Q Acoustics:
- Q Acoustics is a multi-award winning hi-fi brand, which was founded by experts in the audio industry with the sole aim of developing a highly successful loudspeaker brand.
- It has been 10 years since Q Acoustics was founded, and in every year since we have continued to drive innovation and develop multi-award winning products.
Q Acoustics Story
- Q Acoustics is not like most other loudspeaker companies.
- Q Acoustics is a young brand. No heritage. No tradition. No old black and white photographs. We believe that to be the secret of our success.
- Q Acoustics was established in 2006; but not by a wealthy music lover, hobbyist designer or retired rock musician.
- No. Q Acoustics was founded by professional engineers and businessmen whose sole aim was to develop a highly successful best in class loudspeaker brand based on outstanding audio performance.
- It’s that simple, a completely focussed understanding of acoustic engineering and inspirational design has driven our remarkable success.
- We recognised that the only way Q Acoustics could possibly enjoy commercial success was to design and produce loudspeaker products that were, without question, superior to their similarly priced competitors.
- So, with that aim in mind, for the last ten years with have enabled audiophiles around the world to enjoy Q Acoustics for its innovative and high performance loudspeakers.
Conceptualising the Floorstanding Speaker
- In common with the Concept 20, its award-winning sibling, the Concept 40's extraordinary soundstage, dynamics and sheer musicality is achieved by incorporating its bespoke drive units into a GelcoreTM Construction cabinet.
- This State-of-the-Art, ultra-low resonance and beautifully lacquered cabinet design allows the dual 125mm drive units and wide dispersion 25mm tweeter to perform at their very impressive best.
- The combination of high sensitivity for dynamics and increased bass extension for realism make the step up from bookshelf speakers, worthwhile.
Ultra-Low Resonance Cabinet Design
- The Concept 40 uses GelcoreTM Cabinet Construction, where two layers of MDF, are separated by a bespoke, resonance absorbing, non-setting adhesive which converts the kinetic energy and disperses it as heat.
- This substantially reduces distortion and allows the individual drive units to deliver their optimal performance; a pure and uncoloured sound.
Simple to Drive, Simple to Position
- With 90dB sensitivity and a nominal impedance of 8 ohms, the Concept 40 is easily driven by any good quality amplifier, providing effortless peaks and crescendos in music and movie soundtracks.
- Various locations for positioning the speaker in the listening room are catered for by providing a foam bung which can be inserted in the rear-mounted reflex port modifying the bass response to suit positioning against a rear wall or close to a corner.
Stunning to Hear, Stunning to See
- These striking floorstanding loudspeakers are available in multi-layered lacquered black or white finishes.
- The elegant tripod stand allows the Concept 40 to achieve perfect rigidity and floor contact, which further enhances its performance.
- Even the speaker's attractive brushed aluminium facia plate is not purely decorative.
- It's part of an assembly, which clamps a butyl rubber sheet to the front panel to reduce cabinet resonance still further in the panel facing the listener.