Q Acoustics- Concept 20 Bookshelf Speakers-(Pair)
About Q Acoustics:
- Q Acoustics is a multi-award winning hi-fi brand, which was founded by experts in the audio industry with the sole aim of developing a highly successful loudspeaker brand.
- It has been 10 years since Q Acoustics was founded, and in every year since we have continued to drive innovation and develop multi-award winning products.
Q Acoustics Story
- Q Acoustics is not like most other loudspeaker companies.
- Q Acoustics is a young brand. No heritage. No tradition. No old black and white photographs. We believe that to be the secret of our success.
- Q Acoustics was established in 2006; but not by a wealthy music lover, hobbyist designer or retired rock musician.
- No. Q Acoustics was founded by professional engineers and businessmen whose sole aim was to develop a highly successful best in class loudspeaker brand based on outstanding audio performance.
- It’s that simple, a completely focussed understanding of acoustic engineering and inspirational design has driven our remarkable success.
- We recognised that the only way Q Acoustics could possibly enjoy commercial success was to design and produce loudspeaker products that were, without question, superior to their similarly priced competitors.
- So, with that aim in mind, for the last ten years with have enabled audiophiles around the world to enjoy Q Acoustics for its innovative and high performance loudspeakers.
An Innovative Solution
- The Concept 20 represents the start of a new era going beyond anything that Q Acoustics had achieved before.
- It's a beautifully styled product, which we confidently believe provides a level of sonic performance previously thought impossible at its price point.
- To achieve this extraordinary result, Q Acoustics' design team applied advanced technology to address cabinet resonance, widely recognised as the single biggest hurdle preventing 'high end' sonic performance.
- This State-of-the-Art, ultra-low resonance and beautifully lacquered cabinet design allows the 125mm drive unit and wide dispersion 25mm tweeter to perform at their very impressive best.
Ultra-Low Resonance Cabinet Design
- The Concept 20 uses GelcoreTM Cabinet Construction, where two layers of MDF, are separated by a bespoke, resonance absorbing, non-setting adhesive which converts the kinetic energy and disperses it as heat.
- This substantially reduces distortion and allows the individual drive units to deliver their optimal performance, a pure and uncoloured sound.
Stunning Sound, Luxury Looks
- Even the speakers attractive brushed aluminium facia plate is not purely decorative.
- Its part of an assembly, which clamps a butyl rubber sheet to the front panel to reduce cabinet resonance still further in the panel facing the listener.
- It is available in two beautiful multi-layered lacquered finishes in high gloss black and white.
- Multiple positions are possible thanks to a foam bung, which can be inserted in the rear-mounted reflex port modifying the bass response to suit positioning against a rear wall or close to a corner, to fit seamlessly into your chosen room.
Critically Acclaimed by Industry Experts
- These clever bookshelf speakers have won multiple awards including What Hi Fi - Product of the Year, Hi Fi Choice - Editors Choice and AV Forums - Highly Recommended Award demonstrating that these speakers deliver genuine 'high end' sonic performance.