Q Acoustics 7060S Slimline Subwoofer
About Q Acoustics:
- Q Acoustics is a multi-award winning hi-fi brand, which was founded by experts in the audio industry with the sole aim of developing a highly successful loudspeaker brand.
- It has been 10 years since Q Acoustics was founded, and in every year since we have continued to drive innovation and develop multi-award winning products.
Q Acoustics Story
- Q Acoustics is not like most other loudspeaker companies.
- Q Acoustics is a young brand. No heritage. No tradition. No old black and white photographs. We believe that to be the secret of our success.
- Q Acoustics was established in 2006; but not by a wealthy music lover, hobbyist designer or retired rock musician.
- No. Q Acoustics was founded by professional engineers and businessmen whose sole aim was to develop a highly successful best in class loudspeaker brand based on outstanding audio performance.
- It’s that simple, a completely focussed understanding of acoustic engineering and inspirational design has driven our remarkable success.
- We recognised that the only way Q Acoustics could possibly enjoy commercial success was to design and produce loudspeaker products that were, without question, superior to their similarly priced competitors.
- So, with that aim in mind, for the last ten years with have enabled audiophiles around the world to enjoy Q Acoustics for its innovative and high performance loudspeakers.
- The 7060S is a compact subwoofer that, like the matching miniature speakers in the 7000i system, delivers a class-leading sonic performance.
- The powerful 150W Class D amplifier drives a 200mm / 8” low frequency driver, which is as capable of faithfully reproducing the speed and ‘twang’ of a double bass as it is the prolonged, earth moving rumble of a ‘block buster’ explosion making the 7060S the perfect choice for music and movies.
- At only 150mm / 6” deep the slimmest, standalone subwoofer we have ever produced.
- Available in contemporary matt black and white finishes
Newest Entrant To a Truly Classic Product Line
- A former product of the year, award-winner, the q acoustics 7000 series has become a truly classic product line and the latest subwoofer to join its glowing roster of components.
- The 7060s slimline subwoofer takes it to a whole new level in providing compact, great looking sonic high performance, capable of gracing the most elegant of interiors.
Powerful Output Which Belies its Compact Size
- The 7060s is the slimmest stand-alone subwoofer we have produced so far at 150mm / 6” depth.
- With a variable volume and crossover settings it can be used with other speaker systems than 7000i.
- A phase switch helps compensate for different room positioning.
- A steel mesh grille hidden behind complementary coloured fabric protects the lightweight cone from damage within the home.
- With deep bass extension and a powerful output which belies its compact size, for ultimate convenience the 7060s can also be wall mounted using an optional bracket.
Bigger Isn’t Always Better
- Although the conventional view is that the larger a speaker is the better the bass performance, when you have a combined amplifier and speaker as in an active subwoofer the acoustic designer has the opportunity to get a much bigger sound from a compact and more domestically acceptable enclosure.
- That’s just what the q acoustics team has done here.
- The 7060s is compact enough to fit two in one room, as often specified in dolby atmos or dts-x home cinema systems for the ultimate in bass performance.