Q Acoustics 3050i Floorstanding Speakers
About Q Acoustics:
- Q Acoustics is a multi-award winning hi-fi brand, which was founded by experts in the audio industry with the sole aim of developing a highly successful loudspeaker brand.
- It has been 10 years since Q Acoustics was founded, and in every year since we have continued to drive innovation and develop multi-award winning products.
Q Acoustics Story
- Q Acoustics is not like most other loudspeaker companies.
- Q Acoustics is a young brand. No heritage. No tradition. No old black and white photographs. We believe that to be the secret of our success.
- Q Acoustics was established in 2006; but not by a wealthy music lover, hobbyist designer or retired rock musician.
- No. Q Acoustics was founded by professional engineers and businessmen whose sole aim was to develop a highly successful best in class loudspeaker brand based on outstanding audio performance.
- It’s that simple, a completely focussed understanding of acoustic engineering and inspirational design has driven our remarkable success.
- We recognised that the only way Q Acoustics could possibly enjoy commercial success was to design and produce loudspeaker products that were, without question, superior to their similarly priced competitors.
- So, with that aim in mind, for the last ten years with have enabled audiophiles around the world to enjoy Q Acoustics for its innovative and high performance loudspeakers.
Leading Technology- Outstanding Performance
- The Q 3050i speakers boast a range of unique technologies including HPE™ and P2P™ to ensure these floorstanding speakers deliver a truly exceptional sound.
- HPE™ (Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer) technology designed to convert pressure to velocity and reduce the overall pressure gradient within the speaker enclosure, has been applied to the Q 3050i to reduce cabinet resonance.
- This technology is perfect for taller loudspeakers that tend to resonate at a single favoured frequency.
- Q Acoustics P2P™ bracing across the 3000i Series supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than in previous ranges.
High Frequency Driver Unit For An Unaltered Sound
- Q 3050i tweeters are decoupled from the baffle via a compliant suspension system.
- Vibrations from the woofer, which can impair the performance of the tweeter are isolated allowing the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
- Whichever 3000i model you choose the cone is precision formed from impregnated and coated paper and teamed with a newly developed, low-hysteresis, rubber surround.
- The coated paper cone provides the optimum balance between stiffness and self-damping which means it can accelerate without flexing and stop very accurately without unwanted resonances.
Beautiful Inside & Out
- Q 3050i range features all new enclosure aesthetics and offers 4 new contemporary finishes; Graphite Grey, English Walnut, Carbon Black or Arctic White.
- All are finished with an attractive chrome bezel around each driver and feature magnetic speaker grilles.
- Low profile binding posts have been incorporated into the Q 3050i with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm Banana Plugs.
- This floorstanding speaker can be positioned very close to a rear wall even when banana plugs rather than spades or bare wires are used.
- Striking floorstanding Speakers with twin 165mm and 22mm precision drivers
- The Q 3050i cabinet uses Point-to-Point (P2PTM) bracing techniques to reduce intrusive cabinet vibrations for a purer sound
- HPE™ technology eliminates sympathetic resonance within the enclosures by equalising air pressure within the 3050i cabinet
- Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts
- Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo