Polk Audio TL1 Blackstone Satellite Home Theater Speaker Pair
Polk Audio Black Stone TL Series:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL series loudspeakers (TL1) feature new innovations specifically designed to enhance compact speaker performance.
- The Black Stone TL1 series speaker is a two-way satellite loudspeaker utilizing a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port.
- The TL1 series loudspeakers are equipped with 5-way binding posts and offer various mounting options.
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology:
- Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
Time Lens Technology:
- The sophisticated laser alignment of the "acoustic center" of the Blackstone TL tweeters with their accompanying drivers results in far superior imaging.
- The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-range woofer are aligned, creating a crisp accurate soundstage.
- The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging, while the acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter's frequency response.
- The Black Stone TL1 satellite speakers feature a two-way design.
1/2" Silk Dome Tweeter:
- Each Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite loudspeaker utilizes a 1/2" silk-polymer dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging, and smooth response that's never tiring.
2-1/2" Long-Throw Woofer:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite loudspeakers use a 2-1/2" composite long-throw cone woofer.
- Each long-throw woofer utilizes Dynamic Balance driver technology (Polk's patented transducer design process) to produce a flat frequency response, with sharp detail, transparency, and the ability to play loud without strain.
- The overall frequency response of each satellite loudspeaker is 120Hz-22kHz and the -3dB frequency response is 135-20kHz.
Bass Reflex Enclosure:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 satellite speaker feature a non-resonant composite enclosure with a curved design, time-aligned geometry, integrated acoustic lens, an aperiodic-tuned rear port, and a beautiful high-gloss finish.
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 loudspeakers employ non-parallel surfaces that not only lead to a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but they also result in less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
Integrated Acoustic Lens:
- An innovative acoustic lens incorporated into the grille produces a high frequency response so smooth that it delivers a balanced, realistic performance.
- An acoustic lens is molded into the back of the speaker grille and helps create imaging frequency balance previously impossible in small high-performance satellite speakers.
Aperiodic-Tuned Rear Port:
- An aperiodic-tuned rear port enables better blending with a subwoofer.
- This design combines the bass extension of an acoustic suspension enclosure with the mid-bass boost of a ported enclosure by controlling airflow through the port for better extension without distortion.
- The TL1 enclosure features a durable, deep automotive-strength high-gloss finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs.
- The TL1 satellites are available in a high-gloss black finish.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The Polk Audio Black Stone TL1 speaker is equipped with one pair of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of speaker cables and connectors.
- The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (18-12 AGW).
- The Polk Audio TL1 satellite speakers feature integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speaker on a stand or shelf securely.
- The TL1 satellite speakers feature keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speakers without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each loudspeaker for mounting the speaker to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).