Polk Audio Signature Series S60 American HiFi Home Theater 5 Speaker Pack
Are you ready to rock?
- Polk's Signature S60 floor standing speaker will fill your living room with clean, powerful sound.
- This flagship model in Polk's Signature lineup delivers accurate, dynamic sound with crisp highs and chest-thumping lows to bring movies and music to life.
- Plus its stylish, décor-friendly design makes it an attractive addition to your home.
Built for smooth sound
- The S60 is made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Its cabinet houses a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments and vocals.
- Three highly efficient 6-1/2" Dynamic Balance® woofers are made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene.
- Non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) construction and an anti-diffraction magnetic grille provide an acoustically inert structure for reduced sonic interference.
- Polk's exclusive Power Port technology adds bass impact.
Dynamic Balance Drivers:
- Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance.
- Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
- Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur.
- Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to.
- The Polk Signature S35 center-channel loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance multi-driver array with one 1" tweeter and six 3" woofers.
Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter:
- The Signature S35 center-channel loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for improved vocals in movies and music.
- It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
Six 3" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofers:
- The Signature S35 center-channel speaker employs six 3" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene midrange cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange.
- These mica-reinforced polypropylene midranges feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
- The Signature S35 center-channel incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with two specially designed rear-firing ports.
- Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion.
- Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
- The center-channel speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration.
- And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound.
- The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration.
- The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille:
- The Signature S35 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound.
- The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the center speaker.
- The center-channel speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
5-Way Binding Posts:
- The center-channel loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire.
- The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
- The Signature S35's primary use is as a center-channel loudspeaker for home theater applications.
- But, it can also be used as a left and right front or rear speaker in stereo and home theater setups.
- If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S35 should be set to "Small" to filter out low bass frequencies.
Placement & Mounting Options:
- The Signature S35 can be mounted horizontally as a center channel speaker, under or above your flat-panel TV.
- You can simply place the center-channel speaker on a table-top or shelf, or wall-mount the center-channel using its integrated keyhole slots on the back.
- Because the S35 is only 4.1875" tall, it will not block the screen or IR remote of most TVs (the included rubber increase the height of speaker by 0.125").
- The speaker can also be wall-mounted vertically using the integrated keyhole slots.
- A wall-mount template is provided (mounting screws not included).
- The speaker cannot be mounted vertically on a table-top or shelf (only wall-mounted vertically).
- Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price.
- Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange,
- and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Series by Polk consists of two center-channel speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, and three tower